Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invitation: Our Shukke Tokudo Homeleaving Ordination of Ralf Kotei Prehn - SUNDAY!

Invitation: Our Shukke Tokudo Homeleaving Ordination of Ralf Kotei Prehn - SUNDAY!

Yesterday, Sunday November 22nd, 2020, our Sangha welcomed a new novice priest through the ritual of 'Shukke Tokudo' Homeleaving Ordination. You are invited to witness the event here ...

As is typical of our Sangha, the ceremony was conducted simultaneously in various places around the world ... dropping all thought of here and there, now and then ... with the Preceptor (Jundo) in Japan, and our Ordainee, Ralf Gido Kotei Prehn in Germany, all as witnessed by his fellow Priests and our Sangha members in many countries (thank you, Doshin, as our official Sangha witness ).

Please know that the warm hearts of everyone witnessing the ceremony from home are present with us during the Ceremony. You are with us all in this time of celebration. Here is a picture of some of our other Sangha witnesses, observing the proceedings ...

If you would like to read a bit more about the meaning of Shukke Tokudo Homeleaving as a Novice-Priest here at Treeleaf, please look here:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Our 2020 TREELEAF Home-Leaving ORDINATION
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...lf-Kotei-Prehn

PLEASE JOIN US FOR THIS AUSPICIOUS DAY FOR OUR COMMUNITY!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

Last edited by Jundo; 11-24-2020 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Updated Pacific Time to 6am
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

How exciting! I’ll be there

SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

And ... we have found our volunteer!

Thank you everyone else who is considering to attend.

Gassho, J

STLah

Barring anything unforeseen, I’ll be there

Jesse
    ST

Wonderful! I plan to be there.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

This is very exciting indeed! I plan to attend as well.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

I too, will attend.

Gassho,

Peter
    st

Many congratulations to you, Kotei! I am so happy to have another Dharma Brother along the Way. I wish I could be there live but I will be working diligently scrubbing doggies in the spirit of samu in honor of your ceremony. Many bows.

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Geika View Post
    Many congratulations to you, Kotei! I am so happy to have another Dharma Brother along the Way. I wish I could be there live but I will be working diligently scrubbing doggies in the spirit of samu in honor of your ceremony. Many bows.
    You will be there.
    You have no choice, because I will hold you and the whole Sangha in my heart.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post

You will be there.
    You have no choice, because I will hold you and the whole Sangha in my heart.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Kotei, are you planning to be there?

Gassho, J

STLah

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Kotei, are you planning to be there?
    Sorry, I'll have to attend an important ceremony HERE.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Will this be available online post-live like our weekly Zazenkai? I would love to attend but my family and home tenzo duties will likely not make it possible.

Gassho
    Sat

Quote Originally Posted by Ania View Post
    Will this be available online post-live like our weekly Zazenkai? I would love to attend but my family and home tenzo duties will likely not make it possible.

Gassho
    Sat
    Yes, if the technology works (we have to string together some thngs), there should be a record.

See you there, any time.

Gassho, J

STLah

Please note that I had the start time wrong for AMERICA WEST COAST: It is starting 6am, not 5am!

My apologies for the mistake.

Gassho, J

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-22-2020 at 12:19 AM.

I endeavour to be there live 2 way if the internet gods are kind.
    Gassho
    Onka
    ST
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Yes, if the technology works (we have to string together some thngs), there should be a record.
    Hi everyone,

There will be two groups:

Ceremony group: This will be ONLY Jundo, Kotei, Doshin (formal witness), and myself (Ino). The ceremony will be streamed to youtube and recorded for posterity from the SSR.

Witness group: For anyone else in the Sangha who would like to witness, Shoka will share a stream of the ceremony in Treeleaf NOW Meeting Room. All are welcome to join in! You'll be able to see each other and the ceremony (with a 14 second delay), but folks in the ceremony will not see you. https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=meet

Once the ceremony is over, a recorded version will be posted in the forum for folks to watch one-way as time allows.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Kotei, just incase you aren't sure where is there, let Groover and Herry explain:

Have fun today

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

I see several priests but do we also have any teachers that Jundo gave dharma transmission / "permission to teach"?

Gassho,
    Sam
    ST

Quote Originally Posted by shikantazen View Post
    I see several priests but do we also have any teachers that Jundo gave dharma transmission / "permission to teach"?

Gassho,
    Sam
    ST
    A Treeleaf priest has Dharma transmission, like Shokai and Kyonin, for example. Novice priests in training are Unsui.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuden View Post
    A Treeleaf priest has Dharma transmission, like Shokai and Kyonin, for example. Novice priests in training are Unsui.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH
    Thank you for the clarification. I assume the priests then are also working with few students here(?). Also is there a place to lookup who the priests are

Gassho,
    Sam
    ST

Quote Originally Posted by shikantazen View Post
    Thank you for the clarification. I assume the priests then are also working with few students here(?). Also is there a place to lookup who the priests are

Gassho,
    Sam
    ST
    If I understand your question, no, the other priests have their own students outside of Treeleaf now, but we are grateful they are still part of our Sangha too!

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Hello all,

KOTEI! Congratulations. Thank you for being here and for your practice.

I won't be able to attend, but will sit with you in the recorded ceremony.

Deep bows. Welcome home.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

That was a lovely ceremony. Welcome to team Treeleaf Kotei!

Gassho,

Shinshi
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Congratulations! Beautiful ceremony, am honored to witness this event.

Gassho

Nanrin

Sat today
    南 - Southern
    林 - Forest

Congratulations Kotei!

I'm so honored to be able to witness this important step on your journey. Thank you for your dedication to the practice and the Sangha.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Thank you, Kotei, Jundo, Sekishi, Doshin and everyone. It was a beautiful ceremony, and I appreciate the commitment Kotei has made.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Welcome dear Kotei, and good job being up there all by yourself getting through the ceremony, it was lovely!! So much gratitude to be walking this path with you.

Deep bows
    Jakuden
    SatToday

It was a heartwarming and beautiful ceremony, I’m glad to have witnessed it. Congratulations again Kotei, and thank you for your commitment and service

Gassho,
    Jesse
    ST

Such beautiful ceremony! Welcome brother Kotei!
    Thank you Jundo, Sekishi, Shoka and everyone

Gassho,
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Kotei

Gratitude

May we practice together for many moons

Doshin
    St

What a beautiful ceremony!!
    Congratulations Gido Kotei on making this commitment to our Sangha and wish you many eons of faithful service. Thank you all for being here.

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    Last edited by Shokai; 11-22-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Congratulations Kotei! Thank you for your service, and thank you to Jundo, Sekishi and Doshin, and all who made this possible.
    Gassho,
    Krista
    st

Deep bows to Kotei and congratulations! Such a lovely ceremony, thank you Jundo, Sekishi and Doshin.

Also thanks to everyone who joined to witness, its always wonderful to see everyone's smiling faces when we come together.

Gassho,

Shoka
    Sat

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Congratulations Kotei, what a beautiful ceremony. I was glad to be able to join you and everybody else.

Gassho

heiso.

StLah

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Dear Sangha,

thank you very much for celebrating with me and for your kind words and wishes.
    How lucky I am, that you're giving me the chance to grow and practice.

Deep bows, everyone for making this possible.
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

congrats Kotei!

gassho

risho
    -stlah

So nice to share this with you, Kotei. Congratulations.

gassho,

Peter
    (STLAH)

For a few seconds, my explanation could not be heard regarding Kotei's new name. It is traditional in Japan to change one or both Chinese Characters to mark a new beginning, so our "Kotei" is not the same "Kotei" as before. He is now Gido(u) Kotei.

義道 冴庭

義 (righteousness) 道 (Way) 冴 (Clear, Serene, Cool) 庭 (Garden)

Kido is a formal name, his Dogo (Way Name), for formal documents and events. Kotei is his Hogo, Dharma Name, what we call him day to day.

A good name.

But what is our True Name? (A Koan)

Gassho, J

STLah

Congratulations Gido Kotei, I'm so delighted for you. Wonderful to witness. What a beautifully appropriate name! Thank you for all you already bring and will bring in character, service and leadership to this Sangha.

See you on the zafu my friend

Gassho, Chris satlah

Congratulations Kotei and thank you for your practice commitment. I'm thrilled to see another excellent addition to our rich and diverse Priest and Unsui ranks. Apologies for not being able to attend the ceremony live, the internet gods are not kind at the moment where we live.
    Gassho
    Onka
    ST
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Congratulations Kotei. Thank you for your practice and your service.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Congratulations Kotei, thank you for your dedication

Gassho,

Ryan
    Sat Today
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Congratulations Kotei...I wish you well on your journey and am proud of you!

Gassho
    Koki ��
    Satoday

Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts everyone
    and for celebrating at different times, but still together.
    Deep bows.
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Kotei

Sorry for the late post but it was a privilege to witness your ordination live via the Meeting Room yesterday, as it has been a privilege to sit with you nearly every morning for the last 4 years. Deep bows and respect for you answering your calling, I think you will make an excellent priest when the time comes. Until then let us sit, like we did this morning in this ever changing same circle.

Nine Bows and Nine Books

Gassho

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thank you Seishin,
    see you tomorrow morning, my friend!

Deep books!
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Last edited by Kotei; 11-23-2020 at 08:17 PM.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Congratulations Kotei!
    Gassho
    Sat today

Here is a picture of some of our other Sangha witnesses, observing the proceedings ...

dlt kotei sangha.png

Gassho, Jundo

STlah

Yes of course why not go and be with sisters and brothers in this form and emptiness is form.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Clarification. For the recording.
    Congratulations take care to care to care for all thank you!
    Gassho
    Deep bows
    sat / lah
    Tai Shi
    Thank you Kotai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast