Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Split Thread: "Freedom of Art Expression" v. "No Politics" Rule at Treeleaf

Hello Jishin,

according to the death certificate, your great grandfather was living in Lüneburg, just 1 hour driving distance from my home.
    My grandfather was a Nazi. Not directly involved with the deportations, but he supported the whole monstrousness.
    The friendly old granddad, we often visited, partially turned into a monster, as I learned about the Nazi atrocities.
    Quite a lesson for a young child.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    I agree with decreasing suffering. Here is a link to Holocaust info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust

Here is a couple of photos that related to our discussion that are of historical significance. One is a death certificate of my great grandfather from Dachau and the other documents are documents showing how my great grandmother and grandmother had their middle name changed to “Sara” for easier identification of authorities. Sara is a biblical name.

Gassho, Jishin, ST

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    Hello Jishin,

according to the death certificate, your great grandfather was living in Lüneburg, just 1 hour driving distance from my home.
    My grandfather was a Nazi. Not directly involved with the deportations, but he supported the whole monstrousness.
    The friendly old granddad, we often visited, partially turned into a monster, as I learned about the Nazi atrocities.
    Quite a lesson for a young child.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    I think anyone is capable of anything giving the right circumstances. I think people are born good but may commit bad acts.

I have worked as a prison psychiatrist and have had many patients who committed murder while they were mentally ill but were quite lovely when treated.

Your great grand dad was a good man, just victim of circumstances.

Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

Your great grand dad was a good man, just victim of circumstances.

Kevin
    #STLAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thanks to Kotei I was able to ascertain that my great grandfather did not die in Dachau. There was someone by the same name that did die in Dachau as listed above. My great grandparents escaped to Brazil just in time and this is him. His middle name was changed to Israel for easier identification by the Nazis.

Thanks to Kotei I was able to ascertain that my great grandfather did not die in Dachau. There was someone by the same name that did die in Dachau as listed above. My great grandparents escaped to Brazil just in time and this is him. His middle name was changed to Israel for easier identification by the Nazis.

Wow, what a discovery! Just to imagine that the path to it started from a heated debate about photos of dogs and flags!

Gassho
    Sat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123