Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposed Change To The Treeleaf Eko Dedication

I love this discussion. One of the main reasons why I joined Treeleaf all those years ago was because of how inclusive and open to change Jundo and everyone has made this place. Even if I had a place to practice down the street (nearest Zendo is 2 hours away and I've been agoraphobic for seven years) I'd come here.

That said, I think "All honored ones" is inclusive and fits. To me, I feel like this is about intention of inclusiveness, rather than conflicting (like if someone says "All Lives Matter" in response to "Black Lives Matter" here in the States). As far as where I am in the LGBTQA+ community, I have always refrained from calling myself "straight," because I have always felt like my sexuality and gender are on a spectrum and could not be defined as x or y only.

Sorry for the extended length of the post,

Gassho,

Jesse
    ST

I support the "all honored ones" suggestion.

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

I am sorry to re-open this discussion ...

However, in editing our Treeleaf Chant Book for our upcoming Rohatsu Retreat, I discovered that we'd already had a very similar discussion last year (I and others apparently totally forgot about it ) ...

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...ur-Chant-Books

... and had come up with a phrase that people liked:

... and to all other Honored Ones throughout history, same yet diverse Honored Ones, whose names have been forgotten or left unsaid.
    Is there still positive feeling about using that phrase, or any objections to it?

Thank you for your input. You can post here or write to any of the priests privately.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-18-2020 at 11:07 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post

However, in editing our Treeleaf Chant Book for our upcoming Rohatsu Retreat, I discovered that we'd already had a very similar discussion last year (I and others apparently totally forgot about it ) ...

Is there still positive feeling about using that phrase, or any objections to it?

Thank you for your input. You can post here or write to any of the priests privately.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    That wording sounds beautiful Jundo

Gassho,
    Dee
    Sat Today

and to all other Honored Ones throughout history, same yet diverse Honored Ones, whose names have been forgotten or left unsaid.
    Love it!

Evan,
    Sat today, lah
    Just going through life one day at a time!

I'm part of the LGBTQ+ community and I have positive feelings about that phrase, and no objections to it whatsoever.

Gassho
    Kyōsen
    Sat|LAH
    橋川
    kyō (bridge) | sen (river)

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Sounds great to me!

Gassho,
    Jesse
    ST

I like the wording of " All honored ones" myself.
    Shonin
    SAT/LAH

Same here, Shonin.

Gassho, Shonin (the other one)
    sat today and lah
    Visiting unsui: use salt

It looks at this point that we are going with ...

... and to all other Honored Ones throughout history, same yet diverse Honored Ones, whose names have been forgotten or left unsaid.
    Unless someone has a special objection to the wording? It seems generally well-received by folks.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12