Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Released Today: THE ZEN MASTER’S DANCE by Jundo Cohen!

Congratulations Jundo - going to order the hard copy as sure this will be a book to keep and treasure.

Gassho

Jinyo

sat today

Thank you, all, each of you. You, and our time together here, are all in the book, on every page.

By the way, if you happened to read the book (and hopefully, if you happened to like it a little ), maybe I could encourage some folks to post a review over at Amazon (you may have heard of them).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CF4V2B3...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

It might encourage some other folks to look at the book. I ... and Wisdom Publications ... would be much appreciative (in fact, they wanted me to ask you! ).

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

getting mine tomorrow!

gassho

risho
    -stlah

I got a message that mine will arrive today.
    Hooray!

Gassho

Horin

Stlah

Enviado desde mi BLA-L29 mediante Tapatalk

I just got it but, admittedly, I feel "catfished". I was looking for the detailed steps (no pun intended) and exposition on the merits and secret insights of the hokey pokey - for that reason, I'm giving it .5 stars

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

Quote Originally Posted by Risho View Post
    I just got it but, admittedly, I feel "catfished". I was looking for the detailed steps (no pun intended) and exposition on the merits and secret insights of the hokey pokey - for that reason, I'm giving it .5 stars

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah
    Risho,

You must have the regular version of the book. The deluxe edition includes an extra chapter on the Hokey Pokey including a new translation of Dogen's long lost Shobogenzo fascicle entitled "Hokai Pokei".

It's riveting reading.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

To take a line out of Shonin"s Post
    Squeeeee!
    I got a notice from Amazon that it has shipped.
    But, more curious than not, I got a kindle version and started reading last night

gassho, Shokai
    st;lah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Awesome! I will order soon.

Gassho,
    Ekai

SAT

I'm so excited to read this!! Have it on Kindle and will tuck in once I've finished How to Cook Your Life.
    Congratulations Jundo!!

Gassho,
    Dee
    ST

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thank you for writing this! I shall read it alongside the Shobogenzo translation by Nishijima and Cross.

Gassho,
    Gareth
    Sat today

Look what arrived at my house today!!
    masters Dance 2.jpg

Amazon made it sound as if it would be a big delay in getting it to me; what a nice surprise

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

I had let the battery run down in my Kindle, charged it for several hours, opened it up and wonderful magic, first book in my Kindle lineup. I paid when two days ago found the announcement in our Sangha, just hadn't gotten around to checking the credit card ballance, the same, AH, I paid with other card, cash, what a good feeling to pay cash as you go, thank you, this was not the first cash deal, but it sure feels good to pay with cash especially this book. Thank you Jundo.
    Gassho
    st/ lah
    Taishi.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Started today...beautiful intro...like The Dance itself...

Deepest bows Jundo. I may be a novice, but this so special!

Gassho, Chris satlah

Congratulations, Jundo.

Bows
    Anne

~lahst~

Congratulations, Jundo.

It appears we in the UK are a month behind everyone else, but that's ok.

Gassho,

Heiso

StLah

Quote Originally Posted by Heiso View Post
    Congratulations, Jundo.

It appears we in the UK are a month behind everyone else, but that's ok.
    But, as I said above, you can buy the Kindle edition right now. Also I think you can buy the ebook (without DRM) directly from Wisdom.

Gassho,

Kirk

sat
    流文

I know nothing.

Woo congratulations!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Jundo,

I gotta say...I’m 35 pages in and Bravo...

This is the book I want to give everyone when Im trying to describe how Zazen is different from meditation.

Al

Al I agree with you - this is a great book; I'm only a couple chapters in; I'm taking my time.

I know it's odd, but I have the form version vs. the empty kindle one and it's got a good physical feel to it. In terms of the content, if you've been here a while, you know who wrote this book without having to see the author; these are Jundo's teachings through and through and it's a really good thing.

To me, Jundo's style is very easygoing but it belies the amount of experience and study it took to get to that point. That's what draws me to Jundo's particular flavor of dharma; I get in my head about practice, and it's refreshing to hear this so directly. I often find myself nodding like "ooohhh".

To me, this is a very accessible and down to earth and very, very good gateway into Dogen without diluting Dogen's important message of practice. This stands on its own and is also an excellent companion to have around if you are trying to navigate one of the various translations of Shobogenzo. To me, personally, it's given me new appreciation for Fukan Zazengi.

In any case, I'll pop up a review once I finish - well that's a misnomer, once I get through this one time. This will stay on my shelf as a constant reference text. Really good stuff.

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

Got my copy!

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Congrats Jundo, I bought a copy for my kindle and I can't wait to start reading it.

Gassho,
    Mags
    ST

Submitted my review. I sure hope I managed to do it justice. Truly an excellent book you've written.

Gassho,
    John
    SatLah

I'm very interested! Don't suppose I could get a signed copy from you!

I'm always in awe of people who complete the process of writing and having published a book. It really is such an acomplishment of goal setting and consistency.

Gassho
    Mark
    SatToday :>

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingIntrospection View Post
    I'm very interested! Don't suppose I could get a signed copy from you!

I'm always in awe of people who complete the process of writing and having published a book. It really is such an acomplishment of goal setting and consistency.

Gassho
    Mark
    SatToday :>
    Hah. You are actually in Japan, so just train over to Ibaraki and I will be sure to sign. Or, we can just use Takyubin.

Gassho, J

STLah

I finished reading the book last night. It was transformative. Thank you, Jundo, for putting it out for everyone to read. Others in my family will want to read it I put a review into Goodreads and Amazon.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/Lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Well done Jundo, I read it on iBooks as I write this.

Gassho,

Gram

SaToday

The first few pages sound exactly what Jundo is trying to teach us. It will be interesting to hold book to comparison of Jund’s videos where he teaches us Shikantaza.
    Gassho
    sat lah
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an email from Amazon that UK copies now won't be delivered until 14-15 December. At least it gives me something to read for the holidays!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

I got the "empty" version and Kindle! Looking forward to what's "inside"

Thanks Jundo,

Gassho

Ippo

SatToday

Ippo, I think the Kindle version
    Is just fine. I have that edition.
    Gassho
    sat
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gassho to Amazon, 2 days after ordering it arrived!

I’m very excited to begin reading this.

Gassho
    Mark
    ST
    浪省 - RouSei - Wandering Introspection

Jundo,
    I am reading your book with interest. On page 42, in the chapter on Fukan Zazengi you discuss thinking, not-thinking, and then thinking-not-thinking,...or just non-thinking. That's a distinction in reading Dogen that I don't think I had caught before, thanks for writing about it.
    gassho
    Sean
    sat.lah

Congratulations Jundo!

Any kindle version?

Gassho

Moy

Quote Originally Posted by moyomoy View Post
    Congratulations Jundo!

Any kindle version?

Gassho

Moy

Oh, yes. I am happy to sign your Kindle too, with a big sharpie right across the screen.

Gassho, J

STLah

Many thanks

Gassho

1605357972_tmp_unnamed.jpg

Just got my copy in Barcelona

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

Quote Originally Posted by Tomás Sard View Post
    1605357972_tmp_unnamed.jpg

Just got my copy in Barcelona

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH
    That makes one of us! I have yet to see the book here in Japan.

Let me know what it says.

Gassho, J

STLah

I am tickled to say that Amazon has the book listed as the "#1 New Release" in the Zen Buddhism Category!

The Zen Master's Dance: A Guide to Understanding Dogen and Who You Are in the Universe
    by Jundo Cohen (Author)
    5.0 out of 5 stars 8 ratings
    #1 New Release in Zen Buddhism

Amazon #1.png

The book describes that there are no goals, nothing to achieve ... and apparently we are #1 at it!

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-15-2020 at 02:27 AM.

that’s awesome and well deserved!

Congratulations!!! there are Nine '5Star' reviews there now.

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

Congratulations on the new book, Jundo! I just ordered a copy.

And yes... I'm alive and well. I tend to lurk quietly here.

Gassho
    Kendrick
    SAT

Congrats on the publication!
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Kyotai
    Got my copy a few days ago. I haven't started it yet, but I have reviewed the cover. 10/10 !!

Gassho, Kyotai

I just ordered my copy. I will be reading as soon as I receive it.
    I need some clarity.

Gassho

Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by Joewinner View Post
    I just ordered my copy. I will be reading as soon as I receive it.
    I need some clarity.

Gassho

Joseph
    Oh, it is sure to clear things up for you!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAh

I've just received an email from local zen group in London about a talk on Sunday by some guy who's just written a new book on Dogen

Gassho,

Heiso

StLah

Quote Originally Posted by Heiso View Post
    I've just received an email from local zen group in London about a talk on Sunday by some guy who's just written a new book on Dogen

Gassho,

Heiso

StLah
    Is this the group that used to meet in Caledonia Road and Old Street? That's how i got introduced to Zen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ania View Post
    Is this the group that used to meet in Caledonia Road and Old Street? That's how i got introduced to Zen!
    Yes they are . Thank you Heiso for this shouout I will try to join for the talk if I'm able to. https://zeninlondon.org/event/guest-...masters-dance/

Gassho
    Sat

Quote Originally Posted by Ania View Post
    Yes, although they were in Highbury when I sat with them. I've since moved out so they're not that local anymore sadly.

Gassho
    Heiso
    StLah

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast