Thread: October 16th-17th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

October 16th-17th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 9pm, LA 6pm Friday night, London 2am and Paris 3am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    Last edited by Jundo; 10-23-2020 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Added youtube video.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I will be there with bells ready

Gassho,
    Washin
    StLah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

I will be watching later in the day again. I will be back 'live' with you all next week.

Gassho, Jonathon

Sat Today, LAH

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    See you all soon.

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

I lost a dear friend and mentor today, one of the pioneers and shining stars of Veterinary Medicine. A lot of us will be broken hearted for awhile at his loss. If anyone is so inclined, please sit for his family tonight. I can’t join you as unfortunately I have to be up early tomorrow, but the work I do will be in his honor, even more than usual.

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuden View Post
    I lost a dear friend and mentor today, one of the pioneers and shining stars of Veterinary Medicine. A lot of us will be broken hearted for awhile at his loss. If anyone is so inclined, please sit for his family tonight. I can’t join you as unfortunately I have to be up early tomorrow, but the work I do will be in his honor, even more than usual.

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

So sorry for your loss Jakuden. Will sit for your friend and his family tonight.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Thank you Jundo, Sekishi and all for today's Zazenkai. It's wonderful to share with you all.

Metta to the family of your friend and mentor Jakuden (and to you)

Gassho, Chris satlah

With you today one-way with gratitude for this sangha.

Gassho,
    Mui
    Sat/LAH
    無依 Mui
    "Relies on Nothing"

Thank you all! You are all wonderful

SatToday
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Thank you all for your practice. Jakuden, I'm so sorry for your loss. Metta to you and your friend's family.
    Gassho,
    Krista
    st/lah

To your mentor, Jakuden, and his family, and to all the friends of little animals.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you, Jundo, Sekishi, and everyone. Jakuden, I'm sorry for your loss and I am sending you metta.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Thank you Jundo, Sekishi, and everyone. It's always a pleasure to practice with you all.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

I apologize for being unable to join live and missing my Ino part (internet disconnection)
    but I sat with you all offline and chanted in heart.

Thank you Jundo, Sekishi and everyone.

Jakuden, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Metta to your friend's family and those around

Gassho,
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuden View Post

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sorry for your loss Jakuden. I just now saw this but will sit in his honor during my evening meditation. As a person with a deep connection to his fur babies (one with a chronic medical condition), I have a special appreciation for those in that profession.

Metta to you and all affected by the loss.

Gassho,

Sat today
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Thank you everyone who sat and will sit, and who work to provide these opportunities. It means a lot to practice with you all.

Gassho,

Ryan
    Sat Today
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Metta for Jakuden, her mentor, and his family.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Sat on demand as usual. Thank you all for your practice.
    Much metta Jakuden for your loss, to you your family and colleagues.

sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thank you Jundo, Sekishi and everyone. Condolences Jakuden.

Gassho,
    Mark.

Sat today.
    Last edited by Kenku; 10-20-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Thank you everyone!
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Sitting this now. Gassho, Matt

Thank you everyone, these recordings are a lifesaver with such an erratic schedule. Simple, and effective, thank you Jundo, and everyone else who helped make this what it is. Jakuden, metta to you and all those affected by the loss of your friend and mentor, a lovely sit to dedicate.

Gassho,

Josh
    SatToday/LaH

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thank you all.

Jakuden - very sorry to hear of your loss; metta to your friend, his family and friends.

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

Thank you for sitting with me.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and mentor, Jakuden.

Gassho
    Kokuu

Thanks a lot for your practice, everyone!

(Very sorry for your loss, Jakuden. Sending you much Metta.)

Gassho,

Daitetsu

#sat2day
    no thing needs to be added