Thread: Movie: The Legend of Huineng

Movie: The Legend of Huineng

Hello all,

I recently discovered and watched a nice little film called The Legend of Huineng. I think it's great to watch with the family about our Sixth Patriarch.

It's super low budget but some scenes are beautiful. It has it all! Dharma! Romance! Action! And bunnies!

I won't comment on it until some of you have watched. I liked it.

Oh the lady taking a bath in the river does not appear in the movie. That was just cheap and lame click bait.

(I clicked for the Patriarch, not for the lady)

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

There are also at least three (3) movies on the Legend of Bodhidharma, mostly about his Kung Fu but also some Zen thrown in, this on YouTube for so many years that I assume nobody minds. At 1:27:00 to the end is his return to India with his one shoe ...

40:30 is the meeting with Emperor Wu, and 46:00 is crossing the river on a reed (we also have our "resurrection" and "walking on water" stories!).

Gassho, J

STLag
    Last edited by Jundo; 10-14-2020 at 12:16 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Sure !!

gassho,Shokai
    Last edited by Shokai; 10-11-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    Hello all,

I recently discovered and watched a nice little film called The Legend of Huineng. I think it's great to watch with the family about our Sixth Patriarch.

It's super low budget but some scenes are beautiful. It has it all! Dharma! Romance! Action! And bunnies!

I won't comment on it until some of you have watched. I liked it.

Oh the lady taking a bath in the river does not appear in the movie. That was just cheap and lame click bait.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    I thought she looked a bit out of proportion to the rest of the scene
    Thanks for recommendation
    Gassho
    Sat

PS - My only hesitancy is the Precept I just posted for this week ... do not take what is not given.

The Master Huineng movie appears to have been placed on youtube by the production company with many other films!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU5...?query=huineng

I am not sure of the arrangement with Youtube, but I am sure that they would not if there was some problem. It says:

Q1Q2 Movie Channel is a leading YouTube Movie Channel with authorized Chinese Movies
    The Bodhidharma movie has also been on youtube for many years on some kind of authorized channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/DragonEye/about

So, knowing that youtube is usually not tolerant of copyright claims, I will let these go.

Gassho, J

STLah

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    ... about our Sixth Patriarch.

We try to say "Sixth Ancestor" now.

Gassho, J

STLah