Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zazen Sitting with the Euros/Kiwis (Daily)

Hey Max,
    it never fails to amaze me, hearing about the other side of our planet.
    Winter<->Summer - Day<->Night, but always the same moon above.
    Thanks for sitting together, everyone.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

And always the same earth below our feet.

Gassho all, and thanks for sitting with me when I find myself somewhere on that earth and under that moon where it is possible.

Satlah
    東西 - Tōsei - East West
    there is only what is, and it is all miraculous

Thank you Seishin. I look forward and really enjoy the company of these sessions.
    Hang in there. Spring's gotta come.
    Gassho, Max. Sat

I've joined you all this morning. Hopefully I'll be joining you from now on more often since I've decided to arrange my day a little bit different and I'm up from 7 AM from now on

Gassho,

Sharan
    SjeoDanas/SatToday

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Good to sit with you Sharan.

sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thanks for joining, Sharan and for sitting together, everyone.

Btw., coming Saturday, June 5th (CEST) the Scheduled sitting room, where we normally meet, is occupied by our Treeleaf anniversary Spring Retreat: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...-Page-June-4-6
    The 7:30 (CEST) mark, when most of us normally join, is in the middle of the retreat's Samu Unit.
    At 8:00 (CEST) there would be the next Zazen/Kinhin etc. Unit, that could be left at the first Kinhin part, if you want to sit together, but are not sitting through the Retreat.
    Of course, there is also the always open 'Free sitting room'.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Last edited by Kotei; 06-03-2021 at 08:22 AM.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Hello everyone,

please be aware that the beginning time for this sitting is defined in Central European Time (CET) and we'll have daylight saving adjustments in Europe, the coming night.
    So the beginning time might shift an hour for our non-European sitters!
    Please check with the calendar.

Thanks for sitting together!
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

As most of my sits will probably be with you guys, thought I'd just leave a message here of thanks to all of you for allowing me to sit with you. I'm in China, so it's around 2.30pm for me, which seems a good time for my schedule. Hopefully I can also to get to you know guys a bit better outside of sitting too.

Gassho
    Ross

Hi Ross. I saw you with us today. Welcome.

Gassho

-((sat))
    東西 - Tōsei - East West

Good to see you this morning, Ross.

Gassho

Heiso

StLah

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Good to see everyone.
    Sipping tea from Fujian - welcome Ross!

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    Good to see everyone.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    You've just reminded me to order some more Lapsang Souchong!

Gassho

Heiso

StLah

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Good to see everyone.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    I'm in Fujian but drinking tea from Yunnan (Pu'er)

Do you know what type of tea it is? My favourite Fujianese tea is Wuyishan (which is also an amazingly beautiful place). I don't tend to drink the more local Fuzhou tea, which is blended with Jasmine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I'm in Fujian but drinking tea from Yunnan (Pu'er)

Do you know what type of tea it is? My favourite Fujianese tea is Wuyishan (which is also an amazingly beautiful place). I don't tend to drink the more local Fuzhou tea, which is blended with Jasmine.
    Loving Chinese tea, so it's more than one from Fujian ;-)
    Oh yes, Wuyishan...the one I was referring to in the post is "Shui Xian" from Wuyishan, a bit darker roasted with a nice fruity tase from master Ning Zhen Wen.
    There is also a very nice "Da Hong Pao" from Wuyishan and a much treasured little bit of an old "Lao Cong Shui Xian" left.
    I have a soft spot for a half oxidized "Tie Guan Yin" from Anxi (north of Xiamen?).

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Loving Chinese tea, so it's more than one from Fujian ;-)
    Oh yes, Wuyishan...the one I was referring to in the post is "Shui Xian" from Wuyishan, a bit darker roasted with a nice fruity tase from master Ning Zhen Wen.
    There is also a very nice "Da Hong Pao" from Wuyishan and a much treasured little bit of an old "Lao Cong Shui Xian" left.
    I have a soft spot for a half oxidized "Tie Guan Yin" from Anxi (north of Xiamen?).

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Ohh. Proper Anxi Tie Guan Yin is superb; I actually quite like the more modern unroasted ones, as I can't seem to find a good roasted one so far.

Do you know a good online teashop that ships inside .de? I used to get all my tea from the UK (meileaf, do recommend, they're expensive but never had a bad tea from them) -- but Brexit has made that into a roulette game with Import Duties (even though tea is apparently meant to be duty free under the trade agreement)..

Gassho,
    Neil ./sat

Quote Originally Posted by houst0n View Post
    Do you know a good online teashop that ships inside .de? I used to get all my tea from the UK (meileaf, do recommend, they're expensive but never had a bad tea from them) -- but Brexit has made that into a roulette game with Import Duties (even though tea is apparently meant to be duty free under the trade agreement)..
    A friend, often traveling from Zürich to my home town is thankfully bringing tea from a little shop there.
    Gerhardt Thamm from http://shop.chadao.de is a very nice contact, importing from China himself and running a Teahouse.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Hello everyone,

please be aware that the beginning time for this sitting is anchored in Central European (Summer) Time (CE(S)T) and we'll have daylight saving adjustments in Europe, in the night from coming Saturday to Sunday.
    So the beginning time might shift an hour beginning Sunday March 27th for our non-European sitters!

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Last edited by Kotei; 03-25-2022 at 09:22 PM.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Thanks Kotei
    Good to be back with you all
    Gassho, Yokai sat/lah

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    And Yokai puts the Kiwi back in EuroKiwi ! Yowser. Good to see you back brother.

And don't forget folks, the crew is for all regardless of borders no borders.

EuroKiwi Global Inc where the doors are always open.

Sat for peace.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Good to see you Yokai!
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Hello everyone,

please be aware that the beginning time for this sitting is anchored in Central European (Summer) Time (CE(S)T) and we'll have daylight saving adjustments in Europe, in the night from coming Saturday to Sunday.
    So the beginning time might shift an hour beginning Sunday October 30th for our non-European sitters!

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

The clock change makes it much easier for me to sit with you guys again, so will be seeing more of me until the clocks change again!

Gassho
    Ross
    stlah

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Hello everyone,

please be aware that the beginning time for this sitting is anchored in Central European Time and we'll have daylight saving adjustments in Europe tonight.
    So the beginning time might shift an hour beginning with the next sit if your country does DST adjustments later or not at all.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Aha, so that's why it was an hour later than I thought yesterday! That puts it usually too late for me...I've enjoyed sitting with you all sometimes!

Gassho,

Do Mi
    sat and lah

Hi Do Mi,

thank you for sitting together!
    I hope the US time change next weekend will repair this for you and we'll see you again.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

It was lovely seeing so many sitting this morning.

Gassho to all,

satlah
    東西 - Tōsei - East West

Hi friends, thank you for this space! I have been nervous about joining a sitting but gave it a go today. I am hoping to settle into some regular times to join in the SSR so today was a good way to test it out. Maybe I will see some of you in there soon - but also one of the many things Treeleaf is great at is really fostering that feeling of sitting alongside others even when it's not in real time.

Gassho,

Gooey
    sat/LAH

Hi Gooey,

thank you for joining us.
    Among all the scheduled sittings you can find in the calendar, this one is probably closest to what is happening in the FSR, the unscheduled "just come and sit" one.
    We decided to keep a somewhat flexible beginning time and sit for an individual time - some of us sit together nearly every day in this slot and this way enabled us doing so.
    I was nervous in the beginning, too - I agree that its a nice way of testing it out and even getting comfortable with the idea of joining fixed time sittings, where everyone starts and end together with bells and bows.

Looking forward to sitting together,
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

After dealing with a particularly hard (and ongoing) situation at work today, I was especially grateful to share this space with some of you today. Even though I know when we sit we are always together, it's nice to get the reminder of that through the computer screen. Thank you.

Gassho,
    Gooey

sat/LAH

Thank you for being this for me, too.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooey View Post
    After dealing with a particularly hard (and ongoing) situation at work today, I was especially grateful to share this space with some of you today. Even though I know when we sit we are always together, it's nice to get the reminder of that through the computer screen. Thank you.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooey View Post

Gassho,
    Gooey

sat/LAH
    Absolutely! It is why we get together and not just sit on our own. Thank you for choosing to be there and sitting together. I believe you were finishing right as I got up for Kinhin, right?

Gassho
    Sat and lah
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Thank you Kotei

Bion - yes, I think I noticed you doing Kinhin as I was leaving. I keep forgetting to note people's names in the Zoom session but did notice someone standing. Nice to share this space.

Gassho,
    Gooey
    sat/LAH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12