Thread: Just Wait for Intermission ...

Just Wait for Intermission ...

World's slowest musical composition changes chord for first time in seven years

A musical composition designed to take well over 600 years to play has gone through its first chord change in seven years.

Entitled "As Slow as Possible" (ASLSP), the composition by the late American composer John Cage is due to be played out over 639 years at the St. Burchardi church in Halberstadt in Germany.

Needless to say, no one will hear the piece in its entirety but the project has garnered quite a following, with many masked fans flocking to the church over the weekend to witness the event. For those unable to attend in person, there was a livestream.

The performance started in 2001 on an organ specially built for the super slow-paced recital. During that time, there was a pause that lasted for 18 months, while the most recent note change took place in 2013.

If all goes to plan, the performance will come to an end in 2640.

https://us.cnn.com/style/article/cho...grm/index.html
    Will there be an encore?

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I know the new music of John Cage which was new when I was 18. That’s 51 years ago. Almost all of you were not even thought of at that time.
    Gassho
    sat / lah
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Awesome.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Ah!
    John Cage!
    What a Brilliant artist!

Bows to his memory...
    Anne

~lahst~

Several pieces for Orchestra A-tonal, 12 tone, and with silence interwoven, heard one piece for piano strings and hammer. Cage is not the earliest. I’m familiar with Arnold Schoernberg.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆