Thread: Floating Tea House

Floating Tea House

Hello friends!

We're currently making final preparations for another tea house opportunity, which we have named the "Floating Tea House" (credit to Meian for the wonderful name!). This tea house will be co-hosted by Meian, Hoseki, and myself, and we are tentatively planning to schedule it on the first and third Sunday of each month (so as not to conflict with the Grass Roof Tea House) at noon Eastern Standard/Daylight Time (i.e., New York time). The intent is to have a time that is generally more suitable for Sangha members across North and South America, but we certainly hope that friends from around the globe will join us as often as you can.

The goal is to host the first Floating Tea House on September 6. We'll see how this schedule works for others and may adjust if another day/time works better for a majority of folks.

We'll continue working with the admins to place this on the official calendar in the coming days, so please be patient while we iron out the final technical details.

We look forward to getting to know you all better in the coming weeks.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jundo; 12-20-2021 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Edit to update information
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Might I suggest that the hosts delete all old postings (except the OP post and the most recent post) each time? That will keep announcements from getting buried on page 4. If you wish, I will go ahead and do so, but any moderator here can do so as well.

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

So wonderful to hang out with you all today

Have a nice week everyone!

Gassho,

Ryan

SatToday LaH
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Okay, hoping that I made things better, not worse, I cleaned up the thread until the latest teahouse.

Might I suggest to Seisan that you update the information in your OP post to bring it current regarding the tea house time etc.?

Gassho, J

STLah

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    Thank you, Jundo -- this was a huge help! (For me, at least. )

Gassho, meian stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Let me ask Sekishi if we can make the Tea Hosts moderators of the Tea Houses, and then you guys can do the house cleaning each month. It is easy.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    The next Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, FEBRUARY 20, 2022 at 12pm EST.

Please check the Calendar to find your local "time for tea" -- the Calendar link will automatically adjust to your correct time.
    Thank you Meian!

Looking forward to the usual lively chat covering all aspects of life, the universe, and everything.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

He/him. As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Incidentally, as the regulars know, Seikan has had to step away from hosting duties due to increased work and family time commitments. If anyone has any interest in stepping into the hosting role for this Tea House, please sit with it and maybe talk it over with the group this weekend. Or PM Meian or myself.

Thank you all for coming together to manifest Sangha.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

He/him. As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Hey everyone! I have a Sunday shift at work this week so I won’t be able to attend; however, if no one volunteers during the tea house I’ll be happy to host moving forward (weekend shifts are rare for me, twice a quarter.)

Gassho,
    Koushi
    STLaH
    理道弘志 | ridō koushi

Please take this novice priest-in-training's words with a grain of salt.

Thanks for hosting the Floating Tea House today. I enjoyed the conversation and fellowship!

SAT/LAH
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceMan View Post
    Thanks for hosting the Floating Tea House today. I enjoyed the conversation and fellowship!

SAT/LAH
    Thanks for coming and spending the time with us!

Sat Today
    Bion
    美音

-------------------------
    Please consider whatever I might say as my own ideas, experiences and understanding, and not zen doctrine.
    Join me on Insight Timer
    Help me feed those in need by joining my Share The Meal team HERE

Hello Everyone

My apologies for the delayed posting.

Floating Tea House will open again this Sunday, AUGUST 7th, 2022 at 12pm EST.

Please check the Calendar to find your local 'time for tea' -- the Calendar link will automatically adjust to your local time.

Find our meeting room here: TREELEAF MEETING ROOM

Feel free to bring your favorite soft beverage and a snack if you like.

gassho,

Floating Tea House
    優婆塞 | Ubasoku
    迷安 | Meian
    ------------------------------------
    Please do not take anything I say as a teaching or advice. I speak only from my own experiences with intentions to be helpful, but I truly know nothing.
    I have lived and practiced with chronic illness for some years, and am happy to share experiences, support, or just listen as needed.