Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Floating Tea House

Floating Tea House

Hello friends!

We're currently making final preparations for another tea house opportunity, which we have named the "Floating Tea House" (credit to Meian for the wonderful name!). This tea house will be co-hosted by Meian, Hoseki, and myself, and we are tentatively planning to schedule it on the first and third Sunday of each month (so as not to conflict with the Grass Roof Tea House) at noon Eastern Standard/Daylight Time (i.e., New York time). The intent is to have a time that is generally more suitable for Sangha members across North and South America, but we certainly hope that friends from around the globe will join us as often as you can.

The goal is to host the first Floating Tea House on September 6. We'll see how this schedule works for others and may adjust if another day/time works better for a majority of folks.

We'll continue working with the admins to place this on the official calendar in the coming days, so please be patient while we iron out the final technical details.

We look forward to getting to know you all better in the coming weeks.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Seikan; 08-28-2020 at 04:25 PM.
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

we are tentatively planning to schedule it on the first and second Sunday of each month
    Wonderful,Rob!

Do you mean the first and third Sunday as the Grass Roof Tea House is on the second and fourth?

We were going to move to weekly events during Ango but if you are running too that may well not be necessary.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
    ------------------------------------
    Feel free to message me if you wish to talk about issues around practicing with physical limitations. This is something I have been sitting with for a fair while and am happy to help with suggestions or just offer a listening ear.

ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post
    Wonderful,Rob!

Do you mean the first and third Sunday as the Grass Roof Tea House is on the second and fourth?

We were going to move to weekly events during Ango but if you are running too that may well not be necessary.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
    Yes... sorry for the typo. I'll correct it in my post above. Thanks for the catch!

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Great name btw!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
    Feel free to message me if you wish to talk about issues around practicing with physical limitations. This is something I have been sitting with for a fair while and am happy to help with suggestions or just offer a listening ear.

Thanks for pulling this together for us N and S Americans. I can get my Zs and hang with the sangha too.

Gassho
    Lah/sat
    Chelsea

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Outstanding. I will look forward to participating on Sundays when I am not working (I will be working on 6/9).

Gassho,
    Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Very cool! Thank you for helping to manifest Sangha.

These are in the calendar now too. https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

He/him. As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyudo Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Thank you Rob, Meian and Hoseki -- this is great news and a really good time of day for me on Sundays. I look forward to dropping in. Great name!

Gassho,

Ryan
    SatToday

Awesome! Will try to come

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat

I'll definitely be checking this out!

Evan,
    Sat today, lah
    Just going through life one day at a time!

, meian st lh
    迷安 - Mei An - Wandering At Rest

It's so wonderful to see so many folks interested in joining us! We look forward to getting to know all of you better.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Quote Originally Posted by Geika View Post

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    Geika,

Those tea houses are amazing! Thank you for sharing. I now take that as a personal challenge to build something similar so that I can use it for hosting our floating tea house...

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

I first thought that you were gonna have a floating poker game in here.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you for creating this Tea House!
    I will note the date and time and will do my best to be there/here .

Gassho, eva
    sattoday and also LAH

Lightbulb Floating Tea House: Sunday, September 6, 12:00 PM EST

Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder -- Floating Tea House will meet tomorrow --- Sunday, September 6, at 12:00 PM EST

12:00 PM EST
    11:00 AM CST
    10:00 AM MST
    9:00 AM PST

And outlying regions from there: https://www.time.gov/

Soft beverages and some snacks if you choose -- starting with a few minutes of zazen, and light conversation to follow.

Hope to see you all (our North and South American friends, and all other countries who wish to visit as well!!) tomorrow!

Any questions, feel free to drop us a PM -- RobD, Hoseki, Meian.

gassho, meian st

Wishing the Floating Tea House every success.
    Gassho
    Onka
    Sat
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    aka Anna Kissed.
    Pronouns She/Her They/Them.
    Life's too serious to be taken seriously.
    No Gods No Masters.

Thank you lovely Tea House Hosts and participants,
    it was really lovely to see and hear you .
    Looking forward to next time!

Gassho, eva
    sattoday and also LAH

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva View Post
    Thank you lovely Tea House Hosts and participants,
    it was really lovely to see and hear you .
    Looking forward to next time!
    Yes, this was really nice. Thank you everyone!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

He/him. As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you so much everyone for joining us today. And special thank you to Sekishi for technical (bell) assistance as well as moral support.

The turnout was fantastic, and it was so wonderful to get to know everyone a little bit better beyond our avatars and forum posts.

As a reminder, the next Floating Tea House is scheduled for two weeks from today, Sunday the 20th, also at noon New York time. We hope to see most of the same faces as well as some new ones!

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

It was great to get to know you all a bit better, wonderful initiative. See you next time.

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

I can NOT believe I missed this!
    I’m so bad at this forum format... so many threads and post happening at the same time that I just can’t stay on top of it all. Hope to see you all in 2 weeks!

SatToday lah
    Bion
    美音

-------------------------
    Join me on Insight Timer
    Help me feed those in need by joining my Share The Meal team HERE

Thank you, everyone, for coming today! And for those who couldn't attend -- it's okay! We're keeping this time and general format.

Special thanks to Sekishi for having the backup plan and keeping the tech real and rolling smoothly

I enjoyed meeting everyone and learning what brought you all to Treeleaf. Impromptu subjects are amazing.

Sunday, September 20th, 12pm EDT is the next Floating Tea House meet-up. Hoping to see everyone back and more!

Gassho, meian st lh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jakeb View Post
    I can NOT believe I missed this!
    I’m so bad at this forum format... so many threads and post happening at the same time that I just can’t stay on top of it all. Hope to see you all in 2 weeks!

SatToday lah
    Jake,

You can download the calendar which will switch everything into your time zone.

Gassho,

Shoka
    sat
    香道 笑花
    Kodo Shoka

Please don't take anything I say as anything more than just a normal person's thoughts on the topic. I'm just stumbling through life trying to be helpful, but really don't know much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoka View Post
    Jake,

You can download the calendar which will switch everything into your time zone.

Gassho,

Shoka
    sat
    Thank you! I know, I just forgot to check it because for some reason I ASSUMED there’s nothing on my time zone

SatToday
    Bion
    美音

Join me on Insight Timer

Thanks for the opportunity to meet other Sangha members. Have a good rest of the week. Shogyo

Lightbulb Floating Tea House, Sunday, September 20

Hello everyone,

Floating Tea House reminder

Just a friendly reminder that this coming Sunday, September 20, at 12:00pm, Floating Tea House will meet again.

All are welcome to bring a favorite soft beverage and snack if they wish.

We will begin with a brief period of zazen, followed by light discussion on the general season of Ango and/or related topics.

All are welcome, we hope to see everyone (and more!) on Sunday! If you go to the Calendar, it will show you the time in your time zone. =)

See you all at Floating Tea House on Sunday

Gassho2

RobD, Hoseki, meian, Sekishi (Grand Tech Wizard)
    Floating Tea House

Last edited by Meian; 09-17-2020 at 12:00 PM. Reason: emojis needed help

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give this thread a bump as another reminder about the Floating Tea House this Sunday (September 20) at Noon/12:00pm Eastern Time (New York time). As stated above in Meian's recent post, the tea house is listed in the Treeleaf calendar, and the time should auto-adjust for your time zone.

The tea house will be "open" until 12:50pm, so please consider joining us for the full 50 minutes or even just a portion of the time if you simply want to stop by to say, "Hello!"

We look forward to seeing you all on Sunday!

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Thank you to everyone that joined us for "tea" today! It was another wonderful (and timely) discussion about practice and life. I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to converse and share in real time with you all, and hope that you all had a good time as well.

And I always feel that I talk too much myself, so I promise to yield the moderation duties to Hoseki or Meian next time.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Thank you for holding the space. I am glad to have tuned in and saw some of our Sangha over the interwebs.

Gassho
    Chelsea
    Sat

Quote Originally Posted by SeaChel View Post
    Thank you for holding the space. I am glad to have tuned in and saw some of our Sangha over the interwebs.

Gassho
    Chelsea
    Sat

Next time, please shut us all up and chime in Lovely seeing you!

SatToday lah
    Bion
    美音

Join me on Insight Timer

Quote Originally Posted by RobD View Post
    Thank you to everyone that joined us for "tea" today! It was another wonderful (and timely) discussion about practice and life. I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to converse and share in real time with you all, and hope that you all had a good time as well.

And I always feel that I talk too much myself, so I promise to yield the moderation duties to Hoseki or Meian next time.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-
    Thanks Rob, and thanks everyone. It was an especially helpful Teahouse for me, since you all spent time helping out this newbie with zazen posture. Much wisdom and much friendliness, wonderful

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

I think Sunday at the Teahouse will become easily my favorite activity

Thank you everyone, it was wonderful discussion with all of you .

Gassho,
    eva
    sattoday and LAH

I am sorry to have missed today's tea. I hope to join you all next time,
    Gashho,
    Krista
    st/lah

Hello Everyone!

Just another friendly reminder that the next Floating Tea House is scheduled for this Sunday, October 4, at Noon/12:00pm Eastern Time (New York time).

Please join us for a quick five minutes of Zazen followed by an open period of discussion. These Tea Houses are a wonderful way to get to know each other better and further build our Sangha.

If you have any questions, please post here or feel free to PM Meian, Hoseki, or myself.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

I hope to be there again. Thank you all for coordinating these! I'm with Eva, definitely becoming a favorite activity of mine.

Gassho

Ryan
    Sat Today

Hello Everyone!

Just another friendly reminder that the next Floating Tea House is scheduled for this Sunday, October 4, at Noon/12:00pm Eastern Time (New York time).

Please join us for a quick five minutes of Zazen followed by an open period of discussion. These Tea Houses are a wonderful way to get to know each other better and further build our Sangha.

If you have any questions, please post here or feel free to PM Meian, Hoseki, or myself.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-
    Hey Siri (aka Rob) Remind me of this tomorrow
    Bion
    美音

Join me on Insight Timer

Hello Everyone!

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-
    I hope to be there with you all
    Gassho, eva
    sattoday and LAH

Thank you all that joined us today for another engaging (and timely!) discussion. Sometimes I wish we could talk for hours, but I know that we all have other lives we have to get back to.

Looking forward to the next Floating Tea House in two weeks. Until then, wishing you all the very best.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Lovely meeting! Thank you all.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post
    Lovely meeting! Thank you all.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-
    Lovely finally meeting you! Thanks for the nice chat!

SatToday
    Bion
    美音

Join me on Insight Timer

Thanks everyone -- great discussion today!

And guess what -- I got my camera working (Right before Tonglen, thanks to Sekishi's excellent instructions.)

So next time I can talk less and listen more. See all of you and more in two weeks!

Gassho2, meian st

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    Thanks everyone -- great discussion today!

And guess what -- I got my camera working (Right before Tonglen, thanks to Sekishi's excellent instructions.)

So next time I can talk less and listen more. See all of you and more in two weeks!

Gassho2, meian st

Yay for you fixing the camera!

SatToday
    Bion
    美音

Join me on Insight Timer

Hello all,

A small reminder that Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, October 18, from 12pm to 1pm EST.

You can find your local time zone for Floating Tea House at the Calendar link as follows: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

Feel free to bring a soft beverage of your choice, and/or any light snacks.

We will have light moderated discussion and general light conversation. All are welcome, please feel free to join us! [encouragement]

Hoseki, RobD, meian -- and Sekishi the Tech Wizard =)

A heartfelt "Thank You!" to all that joined us for tea today.

As always, the conversation was engaging and very enjoyable.

Please let us know if there are other topics/themes that you would like to consider for future tea house dates. Of course, like always, the conversation evolves in whatever direction it needs to. It's very organic...

The main goal here is to cultivate greater connections and friendships within the Sangha. Simply getting together in real time like we do makes me so happy.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Last edited by Seikan; 10-18-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Thank you, I was glad to be able to pop in for a short time.

Gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    仁道 生開 - Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    May we all grow together in our knowledge of the Dharma

Thank you for making this possible everyone! I really look forward to these.

Shokai, thank you for sharing your thoughts on Ango

Gassho,

Ryan
    Sat Today

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast