Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Floating Tea House

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I love that our Buddhist Sangha social time temporarily turned into proselytizing for the Grateful Dead, and not Buddhism...

I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Gassho,

Shade

ST
    I'm waiting for the 5-person Grateful Dead Treeleaf Podcast episode.

Gassho,
    Koushi
    STLaH
    広 Kou (Vast)
    髭 Shi (Beard)

Some of our previous conversations involved technology, data, and AI/machine learning, so I thought I would suggest a documentary on Netflix which is definitely worth watching. It's called Coded Bias and it discusses, as the name implies, how bias within these systems affect society. Here's the link for the trailer:

Gassho,

Shade

ST

Calling All Leafers!

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, APRIL 18, 2021, at 12pm EST.

You can find your local time zone for Floating Tea House at the Calendar link as follows: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

We look forward to seeing ALL Leafers join us in the Tea House THIS SUNDAY.

Floating Tea House Leafers

Side note -- Floating Tea House is a total nerd hangout! =)
    迷安 - Mei An - Wandering At Rest

There's no party like a Treeleaf tea party!

See you all Sunday.

Gassho,

Shade

ST

Thank you all that joined us today for tea house (a.k.a. "Tree house" ).

My apologies for being a bit quieter than usual today. As I mentioned, I'm struggling with zoom connectivity issues, and the constant freezing is making it hard to fully enjoy the time I get to spend with you all. I was particularly annoyed that I froze up completely when James, Ryan and Shade had to leave, so I offer you all an extra gassho of thanks here.

And special thanks to Sekishi and Bion for staying on a bit longer and helping me troubleshoot my tech issues. It looks like I simply need to bite the bullet and upgrade my laptop. Stay tuned for "speedy Seikan" in the near future.

Gassho,
    Seikan

-stlah-
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Quote Originally Posted by Seikan View Post
    Thank you all that joined us today for tea house (a.k.a. "Tree house" ).

My apologies for being a bit quieter than usual today. As I mentioned, I'm struggling with zoom connectivity issues, and the constant freezing is making it hard to fully enjoy the time I get to spend with you all. I was particularly annoyed that I froze up completely when James, Ryan and Shade had to leave, so I offer you all an extra gassho of thanks here.

And special thanks to Sekishi and Bion for staying on a bit longer and helping me troubleshoot my tech issues. It looks like I simply need to bite the bullet and upgrade my laptop. Stay tuned for "speedy Seikan" in the near future.

Gassho,
    Seikan

-stlah-
    Hey, no worries! With my recent battle over a working mic, I totally understand tech issues. Nice that Sekishi and Bion helped you troubleshoot. Bummer it means an upgrade is needed -- I will stay tuned for 'Speedy Seikan'

As always, it was nice to hang with you all

Gassho,

Ryan
    SatToday lah

Calling All Leafers!

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, MAY 2, 2021, at 12pm EST.

(How are we in MAY already???)

You can find your local time zone for Floating Tea House at the Calendar link as follows: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

Floating Tea House Leafers

May the gods of Zoom and Technology be smiling on all of us this Sunday!

Hello Leafers =)

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, MAY 16, 2021, at 12pm EST.

Floating Tea House

Hello everyone,

Floating Tea House will meet again this Sunday, June 6, at 12pm EST.

We look forward to seeing everyone again on Sunday.

gassho,

Floating Tea House

I will actually be able to make it today! My dad is coming to visit about an hour after we start, so I'll have to leave early again, but I'm glad to be able to have tea time with you guys today.

Gassho, John
    ST/LAH

It was lovely to be able to join you all for my first tea house experience - although a little tricky due to a dual stream of consciousness conversation with my 4yo and a grizzly baby, but it was great to have the opportunity to chat and I hope to be back soon.

Gassho

Heiso

StLah

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Hello all,

Floating Tea House will NOT be meeting this Sunday, June 20 -- it is Father's Day holiday in the US, and none of us will be available.

Wishing all who celebrate at Treeleaf a happy Father's Day -- and thinking of all who are missing their fathers, and for whom this holiday is a difficult one.

We'll see everyone in two weeks (Sunday, July 4) .......

gassho,

Floating Tea House

Hello everyone,

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, July 4, at 12pm EST.

We look forward to seeing everyone again this Sunday. All are welcome!

gassho,

Floating Tea House

Although I'd love to join you all, Monday 4am mid-winter is just too much for this wimp!

So I'll say a big "Hi folks!" here instead

I'm sure it will be as wildly entertaining as always...

Gassho, Yokai sat/lah

Quote Originally Posted by Yokai View Post
    Although I'd love to join you all, Monday 4am mid-winter is just too much for this wimp!

So I'll say a big "Hi folks!" here instead

I'm sure it will be as wildly entertaining as always...

Gassho, Yokai sat/lah
    It would take all of the tea in the world to wake me up enough to hold a conversation at 4am That is understandable. Good to hear from you though, Yokai!!

Unfortunately I cannot make this one either. I miss coming to these so much, but I keep having conflicts. Hopefully next time.

Have fun!

Gassho,

Ryan
    SatToday

Hello everyone,

Floating Tea House will meet again this Sunday, July 18, at 12pm EST.

gassho,

Floating Tea House

Hello everyone,

Floating Tea House will meet again this Sunday, August 1, at 12pm EST.

gassho,

Floating Tea House

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234