Thread: What do you bring to Treeleaf?

What do you bring to Treeleaf?

I was contacted during Jukai by one of Treeleaf's Unsui with encouraging words after I'd ruffled a few feathers in our discussions. Within our interactions they asked me to think about what I brought or could bring to Treeleaf. Around 12 months on and I'm still unsure but always trying.
    I'm wondering, as an exercise in reflection I wonder if people can share with me what they think they bring to Treeleaf. Maybe I'll find inspiration within your thoughts.
    Gassho
    Onka
    ST
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

I mean, what can any of us bring other than ourselves and our own experiences with life/zen. I think we all bring our own unique viewpoints, and our own knowledge that we can share with other members. I try to bring a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and listen. I could start listing off specific things about myself but I'm not sure how relevant they would be to the question.

Evan,
    Sat today!
    Just going through life one day at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by gaurdianaq View Post
    I mean, what can any of us bring other than ourselves and our own experiences with life/zen. I think we all bring our own unique viewpoints, and our own knowledge that we can share with other members. I try to bring a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and listen. I could start listing off specific things about myself but I'm not sure how relevant they would be to the question.

Evan,
    Sat today!
    Thanks Evan, I get what you're saying and try to bring those kind of things myself but I'm constantly asking myself whether that is enough.- enough for me that is. I see how much work is put in by Jundo and others to keep this revolutionary practice space open and can only assume that what I see is just the tip of the iceberg so am always asking if I'm contibuting or giving enough back.
    Maybe I should've asked what more can I bring???
    Gassho Onka
    St
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

I see what you mean, I think I saw that you host a tea house so that's already great for people who fit into your time zone. I've only been here for about a month but from what I can tell it seems like you're contributing plenty!

Evan,
    Sat Today!
    Just going through life one day at a time!

The is one of the rare times that I am going to close a topic.

Here is my feeling is doing so: Everybody brings what they bring, which is their own person and energy, their practice and their efforts for others.

That is enough to say.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-20-2020 at 11:21 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE