Thread: August 14th-15th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

August 14th-15th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

NOTE: We had some some strange technical "non-problem" today in which we could hear Kyonin's chants, but not most of the bells. So, when bowing, just follow along with everyone ... and all will be bowed.

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 9pm, LA 6pm Friday night, London 2am and Paris 3am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-15-2020 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Added one-way youtube video.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

The Sunflower tea house will be open after Zazenkai if anyone wants to drop by for a cuppa and a yarn in the spirit of getting to know each other better. See Treeleaf Tea Houses thread for details or check the Treeleaf calendar for opening times in your local area.
    Gassho
    Onka
    Sat today
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Thanks Jundo, will be there ...Onka, can't stretch to tea, but big appreciation

Gassho, Chris sattodayLAH

It´ll be my first one 😄 I hope I´ll be able to. 😄

Sat Today

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 9pm, LA 6pm Friday night, London 2am and Paris 3am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

VIEW SCREEN TO BE HERE SHORTLY BEFORE START TIME

Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

This sounds like fun! I hope I´ll be able to. Thanks ☺️

Sat Today

Quote Originally Posted by Onka View Post
    The Sunflower tea house will be open after Zazenkai if anyone wants to drop by for a cuppa and a yarn in the spirit of getting to know each other better. See Treeleaf Tea Houses thread for details or check the Treeleaf calendar for opening times in your local area.
    Gassho
    Onka
    Sat today
    Bion
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Hi Jundo!

I'll be there with my instruments ready.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    See you all soon!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

I may be joining late, as it is my turn to cook dinner for the family.

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Joining live one-way this morning.

Gassho,
    Mui
    Sat/LAH
    無依 Mui
    "Relies on Nothing"

Joining live now, one way since the second sit has begun.

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Doshin
    St

Thanks Jundo, Kyonin and all. Great to share with so many, including our new folks.

Gassho, Chris satLAH

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you to all. Lovely to see so many faces this week!

Deep bows,
    Sekishi #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thank you, Jundo, Kyonin, Sekishi, and everyone. The zazenki and tea time were lovely.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Thank you to all. Lovely to see so many faces this week!

Deep bows,
    Sekishi #sat
    Lovely to have practiced together! Thanks for the welcome.

SatToday
    Bion

Thank you Jundo, Kyonin, Sekishi, and everyone who sat/will sit. I always appreciate these opportunities.

Gassho,

Ryan
    Sat Today
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan-S View Post
    Thank you Jundo, Kyonin, Sekishi, and everyone who sat/will sit. I always appreciate these opportunities.

Gassho,

Ryan
    Sat Today
    It was nice to see you Ryan!

SatToday
    Bion

Thank you Jundo, Kyonin, Sekishi and all. As always, I really appreciate the opportunity to practice together with such a large group of dedicated folks every week.

Gassho,
    Rob

-st-

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Just sat with you on demand! Thank you all for the opportunity to share this beautifully deep practice...which seems sometimes hot, sometimes cold, but which, in the end, is JUST THIS, beyond any particular perception or consideration and judgment.

Gassho.
    Arya.
    ST&LAH.

Thank you all.
    Gassho
    Onka
    ST
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

I sat on demand, thank you all for your practice and it was nice to see someone sitting with Jundo. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

Gassho,
    Mags
    ST

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Good to see you all.
    Thank you for sitting this together.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

We had some some strange technical "non-problem" today in which we could hear Kyonin's chants, but not most of the bells. So, when bowing, just follow along with everyone ... and all will be bowed.

Gassho, J

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-15-2020 at 10:05 PM.

August 14th-15th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    We had some some strange technical "non-problem" today in which we could hear Kyonin's chants, but not most of the bells. So, when bowing, just follow along with everyone ... and all will be bowed.

Gassho, J

STLah
    The exact reason I missed the first bow I couldn’t hear the bells. I was worried I wouldn’t hear it at the end of zazen either and I’d end up sitting there by myself unaware you were all moving on

SatToday
    Bion

Sitting this one now. Gassho, Matt

Thank you all!

Gassho
    Kokuu

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Nice talk Jundo about hot and cold.

As for the bells, it sounds to me like feedback suppression is being invoked somewhere in the chain. Either Kyonin’s computer microphone or Zoom itself falsely identifying the bell as feedback. Notice it only was suppressed when there was no other sound. Not sure anything can be done about that.

(Sorry. More than three sentences)

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Sat my first weekly Zazenkai. Feels like a very wholesome community. Love the structure of it. Also, your talk was great Jundo. I wandered for 8 years from group to group to finally stumble upon Shikantaza practice. Clinging to likes and dislikes, looking outside myself for happiness and peace, when the peace is already there. I will keep an eye out for when my excitement to be part of this community starts to diminish and remember your talk. But for now, Shikantaza feels very much like home.

Gassho,
    Sat&LaH
    Last edited by Tomás ESP; 08-16-2020 at 05:40 PM.

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Thank you everyone.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Good morning everyone,

How do I join in these weekly zazenkai?

It looks like it is done via zoom.

Stewart
    Sat

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Good morning everyone,

How do I join in these weekly zazenkai?

It looks like it is done via zoom.

Stewart
    Sat
    Hi Stewart,

At the appointed times ...

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 9pm, LA 6pm Friday night, London 2am and Paris 3am Saturday morning
    Just go here:

Two-way camera and microphone are suggested, but you can even join the above without those "one way".

See you there.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Thanks everyone.

Gassho
    Heiso
    StLah

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hello

Thank you very much everyone. I sat with you today.
    Gassho, Gokai
    Sat&LaH
    David Cravidão Lopes Pereira