Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EXPRESSING CREATIVITY: Media Arts - photography, videography, photo collage, etc.

Aw, I used to live near there as a child. and my Dad worked a crab fishing boat there.

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Jishin,

Great animal shots

Doshin
    St

That flower is breathtaking Jishin.
    Gassho
    Onka
    ST
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Thank you Onka!

Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

Ah Jishin, I knew you could cheer me up this morning! birds and the bees...
    And I can see the dinosaur in that buzzard.
    Thanks to everyone participating. Beautiful seascapes, animals....
    Keep posting please.

Bows,
    Anne

~st~

Jishin,

Such amazing photos! Thank you for sharing.

I used to create more conceptual photos, but I have been focusing on other creative outlets these past couple of years, so perhaps I can muster up the courage to share a few older pieces here in the coming days...

Gassho,
    Rob

-st-

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

I used to create more conceptual photos, but I have been focusing on other creative outlets these past couple of years, so perhaps I can muster up the courage to share a few older pieces here in the coming days...
    Rod,
    YES, please!

Gassho
    Anne

~st~

Jishin - you have a talent

Gassho

Rish
    -stlah

Ok Anne, you twisted my arm... I'll share some older work starting with this simple self-portrait (entitled "Chaos").

Gassho,
    Rob

-st-

Fantastic photo Rob!

Wow, again such amazing work being posted here, please keep it coming, you're an inspiring bunch of folk! Yay Rob, more please, we're an appreciative audience.
    Thanks to the great response here I've been moved to start a new series of snapshots which I'll be posting shortly.
    Thank you all again.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Sattoday lah

PS If any of you have ideas for future themes in our group Anne and I are always open to suggestions, just pm one of us.
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

I had the pleasure of speaking with Michael Kenna once again on my podcast PhotoActive, this time about his new book Buddha, which features photos of Buddha statues from around the world, with some landscape photos interspersed. He discusses how Covid is preventing him from doing what he's used to doing, but also had it incited him to go back through his archives and find photos that he had more or less forgotten.

It's really a lovely book; it's out in the UK already, but won't be out for another couple of weeks in the US.

https://www.photoactive.co/home/episode-74-kenna

Gassho,

Kirk

sat
    流文

I know nothing.

I like the flowers, Jishin.
    We have such an owl (Uhu in german) in the garden. In late winter, when the moon is out and the sky clear, it sits on the highest tree and shouts it's "UUUHH ---- HUUUU" into the night.

Metta:
    metta.jpg

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Good eye and great photo Kotei.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkmc View Post
    I had the pleasure of speaking with Michael Kenna once again on my podcast PhotoActive, this time about his new book Buddha, which features photos of Buddha statues from around the world, with some landscape photos interspersed. He discusses how Covid is preventing him from doing what he's used to doing, but also had it incited him to go back through his archives and find photos that he had more or less forgotten.

It's really a lovely book; it's out in the UK already, but won't be out for another couple of weeks in the US.

https://www.photoactive.co/home/episode-74-kenna

Gassho,

Kirk

sat
    I'll be listening to this later. Might have to treat myself to that book, I love his work. Thanks Kirk.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Scary patterns.

I need to figure out how to put all these images up on a one page 'gallery' post, so we can see them all at once. Anyone have any idea how to accomplish that?
    Amazing images.
    Rod, your photo CHAOS is wonderful, the sharp geometric angles and b & W contrasts... just wonderful.
    And Doshin, yours has that same geometry but with texture and soft angles. lovely. They were meant to be together in a yin/yang sort of way!
    And Kirk thanks for the head's up. Looks to be a fine book...and an interesting podcast.

bows to you all!

Anne

~lahst~
    Last edited by Cooperix; 08-14-2020 at 05:59 PM.

43F820AA-F4F7-4C0F-9EDC-AD3B0279590E.jpeg

More scales in honor of World Lizard Day

Doshin- I didn't know World Lizard Day was a thing; that is awesome

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

Quote Originally Posted by Cooperix View Post
    I need to figure out how to put all these images up on a one page 'gallery' post, so we can see them all at once. Anyone have any idea how to accomplish that?
    Amazing images.
    Rod, your photo CHAOS is wonderful, the sharp geometric angles and b & W contrasts... just wonderful.
    And Doshin, yours has that same geometry but with texture and soft angles. lovely. They were meant to be together in a yin/yang sort of way!
    And Kirk thanks for the head's up. Looks to be a fine book...and an interesting podcast.

bows to you all!

Anne

~lahst~
    Anne it would be great if we could somehow do this. Perhaps one of our tech team can help with that, I've never seen it here or on any forum of this type so it would be interesting to investigate further. If all else fails, collage in a photo app would be possible, let's see what we can find out.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Quote Originally Posted by Risho View Post
    Doshin- I didn't know World Lizard Day was a thing; that is awesome

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah
    Me neither, beautiful creatures!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    Water Lilly.

Jishin, all your shots are great, and this is stunning.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

I'm glad folks liked my photo—thank you!

I'll post a few more from that same (and other) series, but I'm trying to be mindful of what I post here as some of my older work is conceptually very dark, and I don't want to cross any lines regarding what might be appropriate for this forum.

This one, entitled "Sacrament", is from the same series and is a not-so-subtle nod to my favorite photographer, Duane Michals.

Gassho,
    Rob

-st-

Quote Originally Posted by RobD View Post
    I'm glad folks liked my photo—thank you!

I'll post a few more from that same (and other) series, but I'm trying to be mindful of what I post here as some of my older work is conceptually very dark, and I don't want to cross any lines regarding what might be appropriate for this forum.

This one, entitled "Sacrament", is from the same series and is a not-so-subtle nod to my favorite photographer, Duane Michals.

Gassho,
    Rob

-st-

And of course I really want to see them now! I don't think 'dark' would cross any lines, unless they are offensive in terms of discrimination or promote violence in any form against sentient beings. Comments anyone on what might be considered inappropriate?
    Trust us with one or two maybe Rob.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Quote Originally Posted by RobD View Post
    Ok Anne, you twisted my arm... I'll share some older work starting with this simple self-portrait (entitled "Chaos").

Gassho,
    Rob

-st-

Love the contrast.

Reminds me of how our thoughts can feel like a square peg going into our round mind.

S/T

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Matt
    st

Nature Zen

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    Equilibrium.
    Any minute now

Doshin
    St

As you notice almost all my photos capture biodiversity (occasional family and friends) and I view them as documentation of what I see from my aesthetic perspective. I have not really thought of it as art so I have not experimented with changing what I captured. However seeing the efforts here I took a small step outside my comfort zone

Last edited by Doshin; 08-17-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    As you notice almost all my photos capture biodiversity (occasional family and friends) and I view them as documentation of what I see from my aesthetic perspective. I have not really thought of it as art so I have not experimented with changing what I captured. However seeing the efforts here I took a small step outside my comfort zone

This looks great Doshin!

Ah Doshin, Quintessential New Mexico. A stunning image!

Thank you all.

bows
    Anne

~lahst~

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    I have not really thought of it as art so I have not experimented with changing what I captured. However seeing the efforts here I took a small step outside my comfort zone

Ooh! May you spend more time outside of your comfort zone my friend, I love this!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

I posted the following to Instagram today. It is a digital sketch over a macro photograph of a maple leaf. I was thinking about some of the recent forum discussion while I worked on it.

Caption: Is a leaf a thing, a jeweled palace, the earth meeting the sun, an information system, an endless process, a mental map, time itself, the face of God, Buddha-nature? Yes and no, I reckon.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #doodles

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    I posted the following to Instagram today. It is a digital sketch over a macro photograph of a maple leaf. I was thinking about some of the recent forum discussion while I worked on it.

Caption: Is a leaf a thing, a jeweled palace, the earth meeting the sun, an information system, an endless process, a mental map, time itself, the face of God, Buddha-nature? Yes and no, I reckon.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #doodles

I would’ve never guessed it was a leaf! Seemed like a satellite map type of an image. Really cool!!! Got many likes on IG on this one?

SatToday
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

My honey, Marjorie “Be just a guy.”
    Gassho
    Sat/ lah
    Taishi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

One of our many parks in our area. By the way, I want to dedicate my Ango to the family I thought I’d never have. I’m just a guy.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Taishi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Quote Originally Posted by jakeb View Post
    I would’ve never guessed it was a leaf! Seemed like a satellite map type of an image.
    All a matter of perspective I guess.

Photograph the illustration was based on:

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #doodled

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    All a matter of perspective I guess.

Photograph the illustration was based on:

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #doodled

Heatmap of an area PERSPECTIVE Just shared an awesome video on IG too, but I’m not sure if videos can be shared here

SatToday lah
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast