Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EXPRESSING CREATIVITY: Media Arts - photography, videography, photo collage, etc.

Gassho
    sat / lah
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The object of practice is not transcendence but transformation, yet ultimately we must transcend ourselves. (Elucidation of Dogen) in HOW TO RAISE AN OX

Gassho
    sat / lah
    Tai Shi

The object of practice is not transcendence but transformation, yet ultimately we must transcend ourselves. (Elucidation of Dogen) in HOW TO RAISE AN OX

Quote Originally Posted by Meitou View Post
    So returning to the original purpose of this thread, I found another quote by Ansel Adams that I like very much ..

“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”

These two groups of photos contain some of what that quote from Ansel Adams is suggesting. They were inspired by these words from the lovely book 'ikegana and other Japanese words to live by', by Mari Fujimoto, and attempt to merge ikebana with photography, rather than a simple representation of a flower arrangement.

"Ikebana.. means 'giving life to flowers'.With the aim of capturing a beautiful and natural asymmetry, ikebana creates a space in which the delicate transience of the seasons can be visually acknowledged and appreciated.The constellation of flowers figures birth, growth, decay and reincarnation."

Attachment 6640

Attachment 6641

Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday lah
    Beautiful.

Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

Quote Originally Posted by Meitou View Post
    So returning to the original purpose of this thread, I found another quote by Ansel Adams that I like very much ..

“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”

These two groups of photos contain some of what that quote from Ansel Adams is suggesting. They were inspired by these words from the lovely book 'ikegana and other Japanese words to live by', by Mari Fujimoto, and attempt to merge ikebana with photography, rather than a simple representation of a flower arrangement.

"Ikebana.. means 'giving life to flowers'.With the aim of capturing a beautiful and natural asymmetry, ikebana creates a space in which the delicate transience of the seasons can be visually acknowledged and appreciated.The constellation of flowers figures birth, growth, decay and reincarnation."

Attachment 6640

Attachment 6641

Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday lah
    Meitou,
    Your photos always surprise. And that's why they are so powerful. Thank you.
    Deep bows

Anne

~st~

Meitou

Doshin
    St

3 miles away from my house.

Thanks Tai Shi and Jishin for these fab photos - Tai Shi, I love these slices of Americana, as someone who has never visited your country, they are fascinating to me. And Jishin, who doesn't absolutely love sunflowers, what an incredible sight.
    Thank you all for your kind words about my offerings.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Nice kitty.

Gassho

Nanrin

Sat today
    南 - Southern
    林 - Forest

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar

decades of striving in the darkness of the forest floor
    now a hole in the sky
    unencumbered sun nourishes ferns, trillium, aster, and myriad beings

- Ango 2020, Day 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Beautiful and spooky!
    Thanks Jishin.
    Everyone, please keep showing us your photos, videos etc..
    This site stays active...

Gassho
    Anne

~lahst~

EXPRESSING CREATIVITY: Media Arts - photography, videography, photo collage, etc.

Powerful, JiShin! Thank you.
    Gassho
    sat’ lah
    Tai Shi

Gassho
    sat lah
    Tai Shi

Glorious sky Tai Shi!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Sattoday
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

20200928_1751472.jpg
    I did a quick pastel last week hoping to capture the glittering light on the river.

Gassho,
    Judy
    Sat

Quote Originally Posted by MJG27 View Post
    20200928_1751472.jpg
    I did a quick pastel last week hoping to capture the glittering light on the river.

Gassho,
    Judy
    Sat
    Beautiful Judy! This reminds me of so many of the Impressionists whose art I just adore. Please share more when you can!

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MJG27 View Post
    20200928_1751472.jpg

Gassho,
    Judy
    Sat
    Oh I love this Judy, yes more please!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

EXPRESSING CREATIVITY: Media Arts - photography, videography, photo collage, etc.

Meitou how beautiful! I’m better with a camera. This is an iPhone 11 with a great camera, and I have to be careful not to fill up the memory. The camera you are showing your pastel with does a great job of doing justice to a gifted artist thank you for sharin. Here’s a photo made while I was walking today.IMG_5211.jpg

Last edited by Tai Shi; 09-29-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Gassho sat/lah
    Tai Shi

Good to see more fine work on this thread. Keep filling us with your visions....

Gassho
    Anne

~lahst~

Thank You RobD and Meitou! My pleasure.

Gassho.
    Judy
    SAT

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345