Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EXPRESSING CREATIVITY: Media Arts - photography, videography, photo collage, etc.

Gassho
    sat / lah
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Gassho
    sat / lah
    Tai Shi

Quote Originally Posted by Meitou View Post
    So returning to the original purpose of this thread, I found another quote by Ansel Adams that I like very much ..

“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”

These two groups of photos contain some of what that quote from Ansel Adams is suggesting. They were inspired by these words from the lovely book 'ikegana and other Japanese words to live by', by Mari Fujimoto, and attempt to merge ikebana with photography, rather than a simple representation of a flower arrangement.

"Ikebana.. means 'giving life to flowers'.With the aim of capturing a beautiful and natural asymmetry, ikebana creates a space in which the delicate transience of the seasons can be visually acknowledged and appreciated.The constellation of flowers figures birth, growth, decay and reincarnation."

Attachment 6640

Attachment 6641

Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday lah
    Beautiful.

Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

Quote Originally Posted by Meitou View Post
    So returning to the original purpose of this thread, I found another quote by Ansel Adams that I like very much ..

“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”

These two groups of photos contain some of what that quote from Ansel Adams is suggesting. They were inspired by these words from the lovely book 'ikegana and other Japanese words to live by', by Mari Fujimoto, and attempt to merge ikebana with photography, rather than a simple representation of a flower arrangement.

"Ikebana.. means 'giving life to flowers'.With the aim of capturing a beautiful and natural asymmetry, ikebana creates a space in which the delicate transience of the seasons can be visually acknowledged and appreciated.The constellation of flowers figures birth, growth, decay and reincarnation."

Attachment 6640

Attachment 6641

Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday lah
    Meitou,
    Your photos always surprise. And that's why they are so powerful. Thank you.
    Deep bows

Anne

~st~

Meitou

Doshin
    St

3 miles away from my house.

Thanks Tai Shi and Jishin for these fab photos - Tai Shi, I love these slices of Americana, as someone who has never visited your country, they are fascinating to me. And Jishin, who doesn't absolutely love sunflowers, what an incredible sight.
    Thank you all for your kind words about my offerings.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Nice kitty.

Gassho

Nanrin

Sat today
    南 - Southern
    林 - Forest

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar

decades of striving in the darkness of the forest floor
    now a hole in the sky
    unencumbered sun nourishes ferns, trillium, aster, and myriad beings

- Ango 2020, Day 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Beautiful and spooky!
    Thanks Jishin.
    Everyone, please keep showing us your photos, videos etc..
    This site stays active...

Gassho
    Anne

~lahst~

EXPRESSING CREATIVITY: Media Arts - photography, videography, photo collage, etc.

Powerful, JiShin! Thank you.
    Gassho
    sat’ lah
    Tai Shi

Gassho
    sat lah
    Tai Shi

Glorious sky Tai Shi!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Sattoday
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

20200928_1751472.jpg
    I did a quick pastel last week hoping to capture the glittering light on the river.

Gassho,
    Judy
    Sat

Quote Originally Posted by MJG27 View Post
    20200928_1751472.jpg
    I did a quick pastel last week hoping to capture the glittering light on the river.

Gassho,
    Judy
    Sat
    Beautiful Judy! This reminds me of so many of the Impressionists whose art I just adore. Please share more when you can!

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Quote Originally Posted by MJG27 View Post
    20200928_1751472.jpg

Gassho,
    Judy
    Sat
    Oh I love this Judy, yes more please!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

EXPRESSING CREATIVITY: Media Arts - photography, videography, photo collage, etc.

Meitou how beautiful! I’m better with a camera. This is an iPhone 11 with a great camera, and I have to be careful not to fill up the memory. The camera you are showing your pastel with does a great job of doing justice to a gifted artist thank you for sharin. Here’s a photo made while I was walking today.IMG_5211.jpg

Last edited by Tai Shi; 09-29-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Gassho sat/lah
    Tai Shi

Good to see more fine work on this thread. Keep filling us with your visions....

Gassho
    Anne

~lahst~

Thank You RobD and Meitou! My pleasure.

Gassho.
    Judy
    SAT

Kyotai
    Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    Bearded man.
    Who is this bearded man Jishin

Gassho, Kyotai
    ST

Quote Originally Posted by Kyotai View Post
    Who is this bearded man Jishin

Gassho, Kyotai
    ST
    He is one of my best friends, a retired attorney and world renowned for his body work. Has been on lots of Tattoo Magazines.

That's a lot of ink

Gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

So powerful images, Jishin.
    Wow!

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Just lurid curiosity. Is he completely covered with tats?
    He's beautiful. Interesting...almost an object.

Bows, Anne ~lahst~

Yes. Completely. One time we (my wife and I) were over at his house and we were deciding about a movie to go see. He had to get up and go to the bathroom and had his laptop on the table. The screen was dark and my wife touched the computer to bring up a web page to do a Google search on what movie to go see. She was greeted with a tattoo of a dragon on his most intimate body part. He has 3 dragons total. Lesson learned. Never touch a computer without permission.

He had most of his work done by one artist and ran out of space. He wanted his private parts done too and the artist refused. He threatened to go elsewhere and the artist finally agreed.

Well damn! The illiustrated guys! Fine fine work. If I were young I'd have tattoos, no question. They don't look so great on sags.

Gassho, A.

He is 71 and I am 53. Got mine at age 35. They do change a bit with time.

Reminds me of the famous book ...

That The Illustrated Man has remained in print since being published in 1951 is fair testimony to the universal appeal of Ray Bradbury's work. ... Bradbury presents himself as a nameless narrator who meets the Illustrated Man--a wanderer whose entire body is a living canvas of exotic tattoos. What's even more remarkable, and increasingly disturbing, is that the illustrations are themselves magically alive, and each proceeds to unfold its own story

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Kyotai
    Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    He is 71 and I am 53. Got mine at age 35. They do change a bit with time.

I wouldn't have put you a day over 52..

Gassho, Kyotai
    ST

No more tattoos for me I'm afraid or cross legged Zazen come to think of it thanks to now having to be on blood thinners for life. Oh well, at least I can breathe now. Perspective eh...
    In other news, not exactly creative but I was shadowed while doing Kinhin this morning. Perhaps he was telling me to get off of his track haha.
    Gassho
    Onka
    ST

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

The hospital that saved me to save my own life! Hundreds of people work there saving lives!
    Gassho
    sat / lah
    Tai Shi

Went camping this weekend and this was the lake this AM.

My fall
    Has been painful but in so many ways better than any fall in 7 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Shi View Post
    My fall
    Has been painful but in so many ways better than any fall in 7 years!

That's a beautiful sculpture Tai Shi. Your photo's show peace in your heart.
    Gassho
    Onka
    ST
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Here's a picture of my parrot and one of my cats. I call it, Bird out for a Walk.

Evan,
    Sat today, lah
    Just going through life one day at a time!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345