Thread: Grass Roof Tea House

Grass Roof Tea House

Hello everyone,

on the 2nd and 4th Sundays, Kokuu or myself will open the doors of the Grass Roof Tea House for ten minutes of sitting and forty minutes of general chat and getting to know each other.

It will take place in the Meeting Room on Zoom (meeting id 483 483 1200).
    Everyone from around the world and beyond is welcome, feel free to bring a hot (or cold) beverage!

The beginning time in the Calendar will adjust for your timezone, or have a look below:

Anchorage (AKDT): 1am
    LA (PDT): 2am
    Denver (MDT): 3am
    Houston (CDT): 4am
    New York (EDT): 5am
    London (BST/UST+1): 10am
    Paris/Berlin (UST+2): 11am
    Kyiv (UST+3): 12pm
    Bangkok (UST+7): 4pm (Monday)
    Tokyo (UST+9): 6pm (Monday)
    Canberra (UST+10): 7pm (Monday)
    Wellington (UST+12): 9pm (Monday)

Looking forward to getting to know each other.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Last edited by Kotei; 08-01-2020 at 07:31 AM. Reason: edited to reflect the changes regarding name and time vs. location emphasis

義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean that my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Hi Kotei. Apologies for missing. Late evening here, so will attend when I can.

Gassho all Euro friends,

Chris satLAH

Hey Chris,
    all good, no need for apologies, come when you like and can and we'll be happy to see you!

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean that my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Sorry I couldn't make it this weekend. We are having socially distant guests: my partner's brother, and her daughter and granddaughters. Our landlord rents holiday cottages, so we were able to house them there, meeting in our garden, in the surprisingly chilly July weather. It has been quite an experience (and there are still several more days to go). The world really has changed.

And for the next meeting, I'll be busy with the European Shakuhachi Society's Zoomed summer school, which takes place over the first two weekends in August. Kotei, you might be interested in this, if you don't already know about it:

http://nowhere2020.shakuhachisociety.eu

Gassho,

Kirk

sat
    -----
    I know nothing.

Thank you Kirk,
    with some inventiveness, you seem to manage still having real-world social contacts
    I just received the invitation for the (Zoom) ESS Annual General Meeting 2020, that takes place during NowHere2020, too.
    Just haven't realised, that August is already so close.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.

Just a note that the name has been changed to "Grass Roof Tea House" (the Asian/Au/NZ Tea House is now the "Sunflower Tea House") to emphasize that these friendly gatherings are not bound by geography. Any members from around the world can drop in at any convenient time. (Kokuu and Kotei picked the name as they like Shitou's "Grass Hut" poem).

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Just a note that the name has been changed to "Grass Roof Tea House" (the Asian/Au/NZ Tea House is now the "Sunflower Tea House") to emphasize that these friendly gatherings are not bound by geography. Any members from around the world can drop in at any convenient time. (Kokuu and Kotei picked the name as they like Shitou's "Grass Hut" poem).
    The calendar has been updated to reflect this change.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Ah, I thought it was new. It's just the same old thing with new branding. :-)

Gassho,

Kirk

sat
    -----
    I know nothing.

It's just the same old thing with new branding. :-)
    We might add a dance or some confetti :-D

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-
    ------------------------------------
    Feel free to message me if you wish to talk about issues around practicing with physical limitations. This is something I have been sitting with for a fair while and am happy to help with suggestions or just offer a listening ear.

Hello everyone,

this Sunday, August 9th (Monday in certain areas), the doors of the Grass Roof Tea House will open at the usual times for a moment of sitting and forty minutes of general chat and getting to know each other.

New York: 5am (Sunday)
    Los Angeles: 2am (Sunday)
    London: 10am (Sunday)
    Paris: 11am (Sunday)
    Tokyo: 6pm (Monday)
    Melbourne: 7pm (Monday)

Looking very much forward to it!

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Last edited by Kotei; 08-07-2020 at 07:43 PM.

義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.

Alas, I'll miss this one too: the ESS online festival's second (and final) weekend.

Gassho,

Kirk

sat
    -----
    I know nothing.

Have fun, Kirk. It's a rare occasion, meeting all these teachers.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.

Hello all!

There will be another Grass Roof Tea House tomorrow (Sunday 23 August, and Monday 24 August in some time zones) in the Meeting Room on Zoom (meeting id 483 483 1200). It will, on this occasion be hosted by me, your friendly neighbourhood Kokuu, at the following local times (you can also check on the Treeleaf calendar which should calculate for you):

Everyone from around the world and beyond is welcome, feel free to bring a hot (or cold) beverage!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    Last edited by Kokuu; 08-22-2020 at 05:04 PM.
    Feel free to message me if you wish to talk about issues around practicing with physical limitations. This is something I have been sitting with for a fair while and am happy to help with suggestions or just offer a listening ear.

Hi my Euro friends, sincere apologies for not joining you today.
    You guys are very special, as I sit with many of you each day
    9-10pm NZ is tricky - I'm sure you understand

Metta & Gassho, Chris satLAH

Sorry, guys, I calculated Sundays and thought it wasn't this week. If I had seen this post yesterday, then I would have known that my calendrical calculations were wrong... :-(

Gassho,

Kirk

sat
    -----
    I know nothing.

It was lovely to meet some of you. I will try to join in next time and meet more people .

Gassho,
    Sat

Hello all,

if the Grass Roof Tea House is still standing in (almost) autumn winds, I'd love to join this Sunday

Gassho,
    eva
    sattoday and also LAH

Hello Eva,

there is always something to repair and some drops of rain coming through, but what is served is delicious ;-)
    Yes, it will open it's door this Sunday.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva View Post
    Hello all,

if the Grass Roof Tea House is still standing in (almost) autumn winds, I'd love to join this Sunday

Gassho,
    eva
    sattoday and also LAH

義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    Hello Eva,

there is always something to repair and some drops of rain coming through, but what is served is delicious ;-)
    Yes, it will open it's door this Sunday.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

eva

I am actually logging on to work preps at that time (New York 5am) .... I work early! (And, soon, late also.)

I was hoping to stop by, but then I will be late for class.

All success -- and have fun!! -- to Grass Roof Tea House

, meian st lh
    迷安 - Mei An - Wandering At Rest

Hello all!

There will be another Grass Roof Tea House tomorrow (Sunday 13 September, and Monday 14 September in some time zones) in the Meeting Room on Zoom (meeting id 483 483 1200). It will be hosted byKokuu, at the following local times (you can also check on the Treeleaf calendar which should calculate for you):

Gassho
    Kokuu

Thank you everyone!
    It was great to see you and I hope to meet again next time .

Gassho,
    eva
    sattoday

Thank you!
    I enjoyed it too.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sattoday.

義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.

Tea, books and open hearts. Very nice conversations, thank you all

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat

It was great to meet those I hadn’t yet met (and chat with those I have met). Until next time.

Gassho,

Kirk

Sat
    -----
    I know nothing.

A really lovely morning tea house. Thank you all for coming!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Hello all!

There will be another Grass Roof Tea House coming Sunday ( 27. September, and Monday 28. September in some time zones) in the Meeting Room on Zoom (meeting id 483 483 1200). It will be hosted by Kotei, at the following local times (you can also check on the Treeleaf calendar which should calculate for you):

Gassho
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.

Hello everyone!

There will be another Grass Roof Tea House coming Sunday ( 11. October, and Monday 12. October in some time zones) in the Meeting Room on Zoom (meeting id 483 483 1200).
    At the following local times (you can also check on the Treeleaf calendar which should calculate for you):

Gassho
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.

Thank you for hosting this Kotei! And great to meet you Kirk and Anna too
    It was my first time joining any Treeleaf session live and it wasn't scary at all

Gassho,
    Dee
    ST

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for coming, Dee and Anna and Kirk.
    I enjoyed our session very much.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    Thank you so much for coming, Dee and Anna and Kirk.
    I enjoyed our session very much.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Oh! I missed it?!? I thought it was at 7 pm or something. I was gonna check the calendar later!

SatToday lah
    Jake

-------------------------
    Join me on Insight Timer
    Help me feed those in need by joining my Share The Meal team HERE

Quote Originally Posted by jakeb View Post
    Oh! I missed it?!? I thought it was at 7 pm or something. I was gonna check the calendar later!

SatToday lah
    That's the floating one around the corner, next week, at 6pm CET, I think?
    We'll be back in two weeks at 11am CET.

See you soon,
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.

Hello all!

There will be another Grass Roof Tea House tomorrow (Sunday 25 October, and Monday 26 October in some time zones) in the Meeting Room on Zoom (meeting id 483 483 1200). It will be hosted by Kokuu at 10.00 GMT but since our clocks change tonight I am not even going to guess what time that is for everyone else, although suspect western Europe will remain one hour ahead. Please check your time difference.

Gassho
    Kokuu

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post
    Hello all!

There will be another Grass Roof Tea House tomorrow (Sunday 25 October, and Monday 26 October in some time zones) in the Meeting Room on Zoom (meeting id 483 483 1200). It will be hosted by Kokuu at 10.00 GMT but since our clocks change tonight I am not even going to guess what time that is for everyone else, although suspect western Europe will remain one hour ahead. Please check your time difference.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    I HOPE I won’t miss it like last weekend thinking it was in the afternoon!! I really wanna come join you guys

SatToday
    Jake

Join me on Insight Timer

Hello all!

There will be another Grass Roof Tea House coming Sunday, 08. November (or Monday 09. November in some time zones) in the Meeting Room on Zoom (meeting id 483 483 1200). It will be hosted by Kotei at 10.00 GMT / 11.00 CET.
    For other timezones, the Calendar will do the converting magic for you.

Looking forward to it!
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.

Hello all!

There will be another Grass Roof Tea House tomorrow (Sunday 21 November, and Monday 22 November in some time zones) in the Meeting Room on Zoom (meeting id 483 483 1200). It will be hosted by Kokuu at 10.00 GMT (London time) / 11.00 CET (Paris, Berlin, Brussels, Madrid und so weiter). For other timezones, the Calendar will do the converting magic for you.

Gassho
    Kokuu

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post
    Hello all!

There will be another Grass Roof Tea House tomorrow (Sunday 21 November, and Monday 22 November in some time zones) in the Meeting Room on Zoom (meeting id 483 483 1200). It will be hosted by Kokuu at 10.00 GMT (London time) / 11.00 CET (Paris, Berlin, Brussels, Madrid und so weiter). For other timezones, the Calendar will do the converting magic for you.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    Thanks for an awesome chat Kokuu!!

SatToday
    Jake

Join me on Insight Timer