Hello,

This was just brought to my attention, 17th Sakyadhita Conference on Buddhist Women, to be held in Malaysia December 2021.

https://sakyadhita.org/

"I am especially grateful to all the female teachers, lay or ordained-- this does not mean in any way that I am less appreciative towards male teachers. It's just that women do need female practitioners as their role models, and having female role models really hasn't come that easily."

Throughout our 'his'tory, under thousands of years of social and cultural conditioning in which men have always been valued over women, outstanding female practitioners before this generation of ours have struggled and persisted on their path, unshakable in their Dharma practice.

I consider our generation (at least for myself!) extremely privileged and fortunate to have the guidance from all these wonderful female Dharma teachers -- in addition to continuing their own Dharma practice, these wonderful female practitioners have guided us with their unique feminine, humble and gentle leadership as well as boundless compassion. How very blessed we've been!

-Christie Chang, Former Sakyadhita International President
A Renzai Zen monk friend attended the last Sakyadhita conference and had a wonderful experience.

Gassho
Anne

~lahst~