Thread: Film: Blueprints for Zen Practice

Film: Blueprints for Zen Practice

Dear All,

I would like to introduce everyone to a WONDERFUL FILM of INTERVIEWS with ZEN TEACHERS from EUROPE, several of whom are not so well-known outside Europe because of language. I recommend this highly.

The interviews are primarily in German and French, but with good subtitling in English. It is available for free on Youtube.

The main webpage for the film:

https://www.blueprints-zen.info/

The teachers are asked to address a series of questions ranging from "What is enlightenment?" to "How do you practice Zazen?" to "How do you practice Zen in everyday life?" They come from several Soto and Rinzai communities, do have their own individual styles and personal approaches, do not always agree on how they express things, and not everything said will resonate with all listeners, but somehow they still manage to speak with one voice.

(One of the interviewees is my Dharma Sister, a fellow successor of Nishijima Roshi, Dagmar Doko Waskoenig, and even her approach and mine seem a little different here and there, and yet she and I and all the teachers are somehow the same at heart.)

I found this film powerful, wise and moving, and so I very much recommend it.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-07-2020 at 11:31 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you Jundo.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Thank you Jundo! Will definitely give this a watch this week.

Gassho,
    Rob

SatToday

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Really nice, thanks Jundo. Many German zen teachers, even doko from my home city.
    Very interesting!

Gassho

Stlah

Ben

Enviado desde mi PLK-L01 mediante Tapatalk

Thank you! I actually added this to my watchlist yesterday.

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

This looks great. Thanks Jundo.

Gassho,

Steve

Sat:today

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Gonna watch it.
    Gassho2
    Hosei

Sat Today
    Mountains are waters and waters are mountains ............

Thanks Jundo
    Gassho
    Onka
    st

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Thank you for this Jundo. I got up early this morning and after sitting went out to water my plants intending to spend most of the day outdoors like I usually do. But it was already about two degrees hotter than the interior of the sun out there. Then we had a hail storm of biblical proportion. So it was a day to stay indoors. I stayed in and watched this video in a couple of viewing segments between household chores. I highly recommend it to everybody. Nice to hear so many viewpoints from so many teachers. They really get down to the heart of it and answer the questions directly. Jion Blonstein is a regular riot.

Gassho
    STlah
    James

Thank you very much, Jundo.
    I know some of the students of most of these teachers and it is interesting to actually see and hear them.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Bookmarked to watch this afternoon, thank you.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Thank you Jundo, without these wise recommends I'd miss such gems
    Gassho
    Chris satlah

I'll watch it tonight! Thanks Jundo!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Wonderful , thanks for pointing that out.

Gassho

Heiso
    StLah

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Heiso; 07-10-2020 at 07:30 AM.

This is awesome so far! Thank you Jundo!

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

What an excellent film, it really surprised me because I actually learned so very much from it, I hadn't expected that - perhaps listening to different perspectives with the same essence helped. It's really illuminating how the simplest of questions can cut to the truth. I've saved the link to the webpage so I can come back to the questions in my own practice. I'm also going to follow up some of the teachers. Something I particularly liked was that the Buddha was mentioned so often - naturally we are focused here on Dogen and other teachers important to the tradition and lineage and Buddha doesn't get many so name checks , so it was great to hear these teachers citing him throughout.
    Thank you Jundo for the recommendation.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

It actually means Single Dialogue With Zen Masters About The Practice Of Zen Of Actual Dialogue... German IS WONDERFUL.
    Deutshe.
    I am filled Awe.

Tai Shi
    sat
    Gassho
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 07-19-2020 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆