Thread: Dogen Day with Upaya

Dogen Day with Upaya

Some of you might be interested to know that Upaya is holding an online event 'Dogen for our time', on July 11th. Led by Roshi Joan Halifax, the day starts at 7.00am MDT and finishes at 5.30 pm. There is no fixed price, a donation is requested. There's no need to even work out your time zone, a nifty little program within the information page does that automatically for you.
    Here's the link for information, registration and donation.
    https://www.upaya.org/program/online...-2020/?id=2325

Gassho
    Meitou
    Sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Thanks Meitou, for posting. Sounds great

Gassho, Chris satlah

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lovely!

Gassho, Jundo

Stlah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thanks Meitou
    Doshin drew my attention to Upaya the other day when he participated in the previous event. I'll try to remember to take a look at this one.
    Gassho
    Onka
    st

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Yes. I am enrolled.

Doshin
    St

Let me add that the great Dogen historian, and one of the featured speakers at the conference, Dr. Steven Heine, will be leading a Zazenkai here at Treeleaf in late July. Details soon. His new book is wonderful, and I will have a review here in a day or two ...

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Let me add that the great Dogen historian, and one of the featured speakers at the conference, Dr. Steven Heine, will be leading a Zazenkai here at Treeleaf in late July. Details soon. His new book is wonderful, and I will have a review here in a day or two ...

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Looking forward to this!

Thank you

Doshin
    St

Oh wow, thanks Meitou!

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Thank you for this Meitou! I was worried about the date as I have a conflict most of the day, but then I read that all of the talks will be recorded and made available to registrants afterwards. Just wanted to share that in case anyone else here was concerned about the date. Sign up now and view at your leisure!

Gassho,
    Rob

SatToday

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

https://www.upaya.org/uploads/pdfs/D...of20200706.pdf

Here is the most recent agenda. It will be great to follow up with Dr. Heine at Treeleaf.

Doshin
    st

I am enrolled, looks like a great program for the day /night (for us on GMT)
    Tenrai
    SAT/LAH

I would like to share a take away for me....best to skim Dogen, then do it again I was relieved to see other students that day had challenges digesting Dogen.

Jundo I look forward to your book. I am sure you will make Dogen more accessible for me. We need to figure out how you can virtually inscribe our copies. Or are you going to have a supply where we can buy one from you where you can inscribe and ship. I realize that will be a little more expensive with shipping but it will have more personal value I could help you with inscription (eg Doshin, tries and tries but maybe someday... )

Be Safe Be Well

Doshin
    St
    Last edited by Doshin; 07-14-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    I would like to share a take away for me....best to skim Dogen, then do it again I was relieved to see other students that day had challenges digesting Dogen.

Jundo I look forward to your book. I am sure you will make Dogen more accessible for me. We need to figure out how you can virtually inscribe our copies. Or are you going to have a supply where we can buy one from you where you can inscribe and ship. I realize that will be a little more expensive with shipping but it will have more personal value I could help you with inscription (eg Doshin, tries and tries but maybe someday... )

Be Safe Be Well

Doshin
    St
    Book plates! This is just one example of many on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Saturn-Press-...s%2C304&sr=8-5
    I was very pleased to see that they are still in existence.

Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island