Thread: "Simple Living" - Chapters 87 and 88

"Simple Living" - Chapters 87 and 88

Just jump in if joining, no "catch up" ... just today is today ...

I will include chapter headings, as we discovered some differences between the US and UK editions regarding chapter order.

Chapter 87 - Accept Reality For What It Is - Thoroughly accept some situation you cannot change and which bothers you. Start with something small in your life, then maybe even try something bigger. It should be something which you really cannot change for purposes of this exercise.

Chapter 88 - There Is Not Just One Answer - Answer a tough question in your life by dropping the question.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Oooo. These are good ones (although there is no bad ones) to work with this week.

I see both as koans.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Yes, nice chapters to work with. Thank you

Gassho
    Washin
    st
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tairin View Post
    Oooo. These are good ones (although there is no bad ones) to work with this week.

I see both as koans.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    Yes! 0ften these exercises are simple, but always profound in that they cut through to a truth; these two are really tricksy and thought provoking. The first one is bringing me a lot of sadness but also clarity around how I've accepted/not accepted the actual true reality of certain situations. It's also making me look again at how I've defined acceptance itself, in the past and now.
    The second - that's a really great koan to work with, unravelling it will be a long work in progress.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

These are great questions to keep in mind as I go about my day, there is always something that is not quite right and I wish was different, I’m sure I’ll get plenty of opportunities to practice acceptance.

Thank you,

Gassho
    Guille
    Sat today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk