Thread: We're All In This Together (32) - Opening Up

We're All In This Together (32) - Opening Up

Opening Up

As they talk about reopening the economy, opening up the malls and bars ...

... I would like to talk about opening up the heart and mind to some things which are priceless, fearless, birthless and boundless ...

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH
    Last edited by Jundo; 05-17-2020 at 03:24 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Beautiful!

Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

I watched this on YouTube. It was what was needed today. Thank you Jundo. I despair at the focus on economic considerations over the very real chance of and indeed 2nd wave of transmission via community interactions. All when the science is telling us that Covid-19 is going nowhere anytime soon and that vaccines (other than household cleaning products injected into yourself) are still sometime away. I also despair at the opportunities we are losing in terms of how communities, real life communities, not just the communities that are little more than empty words political speech writers of all persuasions and political party lines dole out in order to placate or give the illusion of action being proposed, can come together in the spirit of mutual aid beyond the pandemic.
    Yes I'm an anarchist. We are the eternal optimists in that we see the best in people and work every single day to be examples of how a society that genuinely gives a hoot about real freedom and real equality could look like. So yes, I'm gutted that people are gagging to get back to systems of oppression, violence and exploitation.
    The other day I had to drive my partner to a Drs appointment and to get blood tests done. Yes I am still in no shape to drive but hey, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do sometimes...
    Anyway, I was too exhausted to do anything but sit in our Ute and wait. Typically, nature called so with difficulty enough that people watched on I shakily, using the Ute as stability made my way to the back of the tray where The Game Changer, my new mobility walker was located. I can't lift it and truth be told I had great trouble dragging it off the tray, crashing onto the ground. I was clearly struggling and literally not one single person came over and asked if I was ok let alone asked if I needed help taking The Game Changer off of the Ute tray. I was genuinely upset as well as almost too exhausted to get to the toilet. Once there, again passersby watched as I struggled to open the door to the disability toilet. I couldn't believe it.
    I'm the first to admit I'm pretty far from perfect. If Buddhism gave out Sainthoods I wouldn't bother lining up. But as an anarchist AND now a student of the Buddha Dharma I try and have done since I remember to be the change I want to see in the world.
    There have been tremendous examples of communities coming together with no extrinsic motivation during this pandemic but this apparent protection of the capitalist system at all costs including frontline workers, workers returning to work possibly being exposed through community transmission and the overall arrogance and ignorance of so many political leaders of all persuasions really worries me. I get that government bureaucracy has been slow to completely ineffective in supporting folk whose lives have been turned completely upside down by a pandemic that had nothing to do with them. I see suicide completion rates are higher than ever recorded before. I read and hear directly from frontline workers that domestic and family violence numbers have stretched organisations and resources beyond what they can handle. And believe it or not, while never condoning or explaining away these terrible and very real experiences I kinda understand. I don't want to but I do. No one aside from brilliant science and medical teams across the globe predicted this stuff so we as everyday community members bar the 107 year old Woman Jundo told us about, had anything nearing a reference point to draw on. But so many organic local community members came together all around the world and with no other motivation than to help their own community have done some amazing things. The despair I feel for these mutual aid groups is that they'll be swallowed up by the reality of returning to normal.
    Stuff that! Life is dynamic. Let's be in charge of the decisions that affect our lives, our communities, beyond external economic pressures of the " There Is No Alternative" rubbish we've had shoved down our necks from the moment we first went to capitalist training camp/pre-school.
    Ouch!
    I'll be lucky if this post stays up but as always I speak from the heart and my heart is full of the Buddha Dharma.
    Be kind to yourself and look out for each other. Tell me it doesn't make sense...
    Gassho and respect to all Sangha members with differing views.
    Onka
    ST
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Timely and helpful. Thank you Jundo Roshi

Gassho
    Washin
    st/lah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Wonderful.

Kevin
    ST/LAH

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat/lah
    Grateful for your practice

Wonderful

Thank you Jundo

Ghasso
    Bobby
    SatTodayLAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just Sit

Very appropriate for the time here. I'm optimistic and hope for the best, but I'm not taking off my mask in public anytime soon! Wise words Jundo, thank you.

Gassho,

Joshua
    SatToday

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks Rev. Jundo.

Gasho,
    Kar.

Sat today. Not sure what LAH means?

Wonderful message. Thank you Jundo.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Jundo,
    Thank you ,
    A wonderful lesson.

Gassho,
    Theophan (Sekishi)

Thank you.

Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Doshin
    St

Deep bows Jundo Roshi.

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Thank you Jundo for your wisdom.
    Tai Shi
    sat/ lah
    Gassho
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

I speak this morning for those needing us, I go from here to me 12th step group, alls anyone in all you have to do is need us, just come, It's 24/ 7 and all can come anyone at all just check us out, ande if you don't like what you hear after 30 days we will gratefully refund your misery. PM me I'll give Zoom sdirections.
    Tai Shi
    peaceful, speaking poetry, working on honesty.
    / lah
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 06-07-2020 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Directions
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆