Thread: "Simple Living" - Chapters 85 and 86

"Simple Living" - Chapters 85 and 86

Just jump in if joining, no "catch up" ... just today is today ...

I will include chapter headings, as we discovered some differences between the US and UK editions regarding chapter order.

Chapter 85 - Do Not Covet - Deny yourself this week some thing or acquisition you really want. However, rather than just "toughing it out" and gritting your teeth, fill your heart with feeling of satisfaction, fulfillment and joy about some thing or things you already enjoy in life. What happens?

Chapter 86 - Do Not Divide Things Into Good And Bad - Take some goal oriented work or process you are involved in this week ... washing dishes, learning a new skill, pulling weeds in the garden etc. ... and turn it into a "just this moment, just this moment" experience, with equanimity beyond good and bad about each moment. How does it change the experience? Do you still get the task done?

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

#85. Frankly most of the last 2 months have been a lesson in “touching it out” and making do without some items that might have previously been viewed as a necessity but turns out to be less critical.

#86 I had a task last week at work that was very much in the spirit of this one. Yes I got it done once I buckled in and decided not to treat it as a chore.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah