Thread: 'The ZEN of EVERYTHING! Podcast' ... Episode 24 ... Walking

'The ZEN of EVERYTHING! Podcast' ... Episode 24 ... Walking

Episode 24: Walking

Walking can free your mind, but can also be an act of meditation.
    THE LINK: https://www.zen-of-everything.com/24

For more about the podcast, where to send your serious or silly questions ...

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...-ON-THE-AIR%21

You can also sign up by RSS, or hear it many places such as Spotify and Apple Podcasts (follow the links above).

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    Last edited by Jundo; 05-03-2020 at 12:20 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you for the episode, funny and enlightening as always! My partner, myself, and our son go for walks in our neighborhood daily, and besides zazen it's the most present i feel all day. After I've been in a metals free clean room all day with no outside view of the world, it's nice to feel the breeze and sunshine and just BE with the world. Not going anywhere, no goals but to walk. The episode summed it up perfectly, and walking is such a fine practice to do with your whole heart and mind.

Gassho,

Joshua
    SatToday

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks Jundo, I love these podcasts! Time to bimble over and check it out...

Wow! I Googled a list of words for walking (60+ and counting), illustrating its not just what you do, but the way that you do it.

Off to stomp kinhin.

Gassho, Chris stlah

Hello,
    I really like these podcasts, too. Thank you Jundo and Kirk.
    As the famous Emil Zatopek (a runner) used to say... "Bird flies, fish swims, human runs".
    Doing what our bodies are designed for... walking... running... nothing more...
    Long, slow runs through the woods and fields often feels like very fast (for kinhin) kinhin to me.
    Had to change the running times to early mornings or late evenings for not bumping into too many people, who are fleeing the city.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

I have days when I'm in the zone and just running each stride is enough. I also have days when my grasping mind desperately wants to count down the distance to the finish line or the top of the next hill!
    Ah, but both are just what is in that moment! When just letting each step be each step, that is just what is. Allow that, and each step of doing that is its own total arrival.

When huffing and puffing, grasping for the finish line or the top of the next hill, that is just what is. Allow that, and each step of doing that is its own total arrival.

Don't misunderstand what it means to allow each moment of life to be that moment, its own arrival and completion. Don't try to turn yourself into an "always be in the moment" robot.

It is somewhat like my explanation of how "be in the moment" mindfulness can be overdone.

Being mindful of 'mindful'
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...ful-of-mindful

Gassho, J

SatTodayLentAHand
    Last edited by Jundo; 05-14-2020 at 01:55 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE