Thread: We're All In This Together (27) - Viral Misperceptions - TOO GOOD!

We're All In This Together (27) - Viral Misperceptions - TOO GOOD!

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thanks for the video, Jundo.

The "TOO GOOD!" crowd is out in masse where I live. That's why it's beneficial to read about other perspectives—from different countries. It gives me a more balanced view of the situation.

Gassho,

Luigi
    ST
    "Zazen is good for nothing."
    — Kōdō Sawaki (1880-1965)

Thank you for the video, I look forward to these every day! I try to see both sides, and I understand that people are frustrated at home, but this can be very dangerous for certain people. In my country there are many protests to open up, and leaders that give seemingly odd advice (UV lights for our lungs and injecting disinfectant?) but more often than not I've seen the goodness and kindness of far more people. Those willing to help and take precautions, and the sense of community and kindness has only increased in my particular area. Mr. Rogers said to "look for the helpers" in these sorts of events, and it feels like a good area to focus on.

Gassho,

Joshua
    SatToday/LaH

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Doshin
    St

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Excellent Jundo. Thank you. I've always thought that this pandemic was indeed an opportunity on more levels than I could list here.
    Gassho
    Onka
    st
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__
    Last edited by Jishin; 04-24-2020 at 11:06 PM.

Jishin, since you are the one here with an M.D., we will take your advice and refrain from doing so. (I would usually say that it is political, so we refrain from such humor ... but actual lives may be at stake. Turns out that this "light and disinfectant" thing is not the U.S. President's invention) ...

Facebook ads, conspiracy theorists pushed bleach consumption and UV ray cures
    UV rays or disinfectants as treatments have been rejected by health and science communities — and embraced by conspiracy theorists and extreme alternative medicine communities.

Unfounded and harmful coronavirus treatments — including those that were floated by President Donald Trump — continue to spread online, evading efforts to crack down on misinformation.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...cures-n1191721
    Also: https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-...-lethal-bleach

Gassho, J

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 04-25-2020 at 02:40 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Trapper John MD LOL! Where's Hawkeye?
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Oh my goodness, Chou Chou has grown so much!

Gassho,

Shoka
    sat