Thread: Special "Caring for all" Tonglen Practice Circle #5

Special "Caring for all" Tonglen Practice Circle #5

This Sunday, 19 April 2020, there will be another special guided Tonglen Practice Circle for anyone who wishes to do taking and sending practice for themselves and everyone affected by the current world situation and the fear that goes with it.

This event will occur in the Scheduled Sitting Room (SSR) at 8pm UK time (BST/UST+1) and last for around 35 minutes.

World Times are:

Anchorage (AKDT): 11am
    LA (PDT): 12pm
    Phoenix (MDT): 1pm
    Houston (CDT): 2pm
    New York (EDT): 3pm
    London (BST/UST+1): 8pm
    Paris/Berlin (UST+2): 9pm
    Kyiv (UST+3): 10pm
    Bangkok (UST+7): 2am (Monday)
    Tokyo (UST+9): 4am (Monday)
    Canberra (UST+11): 6am (Monday)
    Wellington (UST+13): 8am (Monday)

We hope to see you all there. With Zoom there is plenty of space!

Deep bows,

Kokuu & Washin
    sat today & lah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Hope to join you
    Gassho, C sat

I’m so very, very grateful for this guided give and take meditation. I will be there at 2 p.m. CDT. I see this is most important for my family. My loved ones are in complete need. If there were Christians, you know I would ask for divine intervention. With the power of our way of life, especially the middle way, I can use some help. This practice was appreciable and felt at about 20 minutes, but in actuality about 40 minutes. About four or five months ago, I could only sit, in an easy chair about 15 minutes, and now with my Shikantaza and Tonglen I felt at about 20 minutes for 40 or even now I find that sometimes I sit longer and it feels short. My family will benefit most from my changes of patience. I am allowing myself to be corrected. I find that I "don't know everything," and sometimes make mistakes and need to be corrected. I am closer to my friends than ever, only because now I treat them as friends not inferiors, and I have done some of this with Perma Chodren, and as nun in the Tibetan tradition, on videos, she has taught me much. Washin, Thank You for this practice.
    Tai Shi
    sat
    Gassho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 04-19-2020 at 07:51 PM. Reason: addition of today's meditation and Washin, thanks
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Thank you Chris, Tenrai and Tai Shi for coming to practice together

Deep bows.

Gassho
    Washin
    sat today
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Thank you all. It's good to start the day with compassion

sunrise.jpg

Gassho, Chris sat

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all.

For anyone who would like to practice with this later, this is now available on youtube for one-way streaming:

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.