Thread: 'The ZEN of EVERYTHING! Podcast' ... Episode 23 .... Silence

'The ZEN of EVERYTHING! Podcast' ... Episode 23 .... Silence

Episode 23: Silence

Is zen all about silence?
    THE LINK: https://www.zen-of-everything.com/23

For more about the podcast, where to send your serious or silly questions ...

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...-ON-THE-AIR%21

You can also sign up by RSS, or hear it many places such as Spotify and Apple Podcasts (follow the links above).

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I lost considerable amount of my hearing a few years ago. That has left me with a completely new appreciation for silence and sound.

The conversation around other forms of “noise” such as the news, social media, our constant need to check our phones etc was very interesting. Yes for certain they form a near constant buzz of noise. When my family and I go camping in the summer I turn off my phone and disconnect for the week. It is very refreshing. No camping this year due to COVID19 but I’ll have to find a way to disconnect for some period this summer anyway.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    Last edited by Tairin; 04-21-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tairin View Post
    No camping this year due to COVID19 but I’ll have to find a way to disconnect for some period this summer anyway.
    I wonder about this, Tairin. My family is certainly considering to camp. We are in isolation in our house, so we are in isolation in a tent.

Yes, some of the facilities may be closed to staying there, but nature is not closed. Camping is one of the activities, like hiking and bicycling, that maintains social distance AND is really good for health.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I wonder about this, Tairin. My family is certainly considering to camp. We are in isolation in our house, so we are in isolation in a tent.

Yes, some of the facilities may be closed to staying there, but nature is not closed. Camping is one of the activities, like hiking and bicycling, that maintains social distance AND is really good for health.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Here in Ontario all the National and Provincial parks are closed. The government has told people to stay off crown land and definitely not to camp there. At the moment there literally is no where I could camp legally except my backyard.

It seems unlikely that there will be any change in policy until well into summer.

It’s ok. It is one of the casualties of the COVID19 pandemic but a small price to pay.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods