Thread: We're All In This Together (20) - Medicine Buddha, Universal Health Care Buddha

We're All In This Together (20) - Medicine Buddha, Universal Health Care Buddha

A tribute to all our medical personnel and all the 'essential workers' of all kinds, who keep it going in all manner of ways, many behind the scenes.

I also offer my view that, under the Precepts, and our Vow to Save All Sentient Beings, human beings while in this life deserve decent and affordable health care. Sometimes our Vows and basic social policy overlap.

I am sitting at our local shrine to Yakushi Nyorai, the 'Medicine Buddha.' More about Yakushi Nyorai here: https://traditionalkyoto.com/culture...ealing-buddha/

Gassho, J

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 04-14-2020 at 10:10 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

It is a terrible situation in the USA where workers are expected to have medical insurance from their jobs. If people lose their jobs then they cannot afford health care and if they get sick they can not work. If they can not not work then there is no health care. Terrible. The situation in the USA is shameful and people are losing their jobs en masse due to the dive the economy has taken due to the corona virus.

Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__
    Last edited by Jishin; 04-14-2020 at 09:22 AM.

I'm incredibly grateful to live in a country with a national health service.

Deep bows to all health workers who have been putting their lives on the line day after day to look after us.

Gassho,

Heiso

StLah

I see in Yakushi Nyorai the image of compassion of all health workers (including cleanners and recepcionists).
    Deep bows to all the medicine buddhas and bodhisattvas that put their lifes at risk every day to help people.
    May the right to health be secured in all countries and for all people.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat/LAH
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

I am grateful to live in Canada where universal healthcare is available to all and thankful for the healthcare workers who are on the front lines

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

I myself live in the United States, and I've seen the damages first hand. My son was born with a medical condition that required (and still does require) medical intervention. The rates charged even with insurance is mind boggling. When he was one week old he got a bill from the transport service for over $60,000. For my specific situation I'm grateful that I have a good job and adequate insurance, but there are far more in my country that are either uninsured or under insured and it's absolutely heartbreaking. I think one of the biggest issues is that the idea of healthcare as a basic human right has become politicized, and it's used as a weapon by each side of our two party system. I try to do what I can to vote at all levels for the people that appear to do the most good, however it seems that many either don't care or are uninformed.

For all of you that have a national healthcare system, don't ever take it for granted! My hope is that one day we here can move past the political spectacle and be able to implement that which will help the most people. To all sentient beings, much metta to all in this trying time!

Gassho,

Joshua
    SatToday

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I see in Yakushi Nyorai the image of compassion of all health workers (including cleanners and recepcionists).
    Deep bows to all the medicine buddhas and bodhisattvas that put their lifes at risk every day to help people.
    May the right to health be secured in all countries and for all people.

The hands and eyes of our medical personnel are the hands and eyes of Yakushi Nyorai.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Universal Health Care AND Universal Basic Income at the very least as a precursor to... well you all know what I'll say next haha.
    Gassho
    Onka
    st
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Universal Health Care AND Universal Basic Income at the very least as a precursor to... well you all know what I'll say next
    Universal Zazen?

Gassho
    Kokuu

Cheeky monkey ❤️
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

That's quite a nice Baja you're sporting there, Jundo. I'm a big fan of them as I have four. You've inspired me to wear one tomorrow.

Gassho
    STlah
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Shoki View Post
    That's quite a nice Baja you're sporting there, Jundo. I'm a big fan of them as I have four. You've inspired me to wear one tomorrow.

Gassho
    STlah
    James
    Kyonin brought it as a gift from Mexico when he came to visit last years (seems so long ago) ...

Let's relive that ... and the great typhoon too! ...

KYONIN (and Jundo's) TRAVEL DIARY in JAPAN

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...DIARY-in-JAPAN

Oh, this song from that time has a whole new meaning now!

Gassho, J

STlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 04-15-2020 at 02:13 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

One of my favourite Stones songs ever.
    Love this version.
    Gassho
    Onka
    st
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.