Thread: Thank you Shokai

Thank you Shokai

Dear Shokai, thank you again for taking us gently through the 108 Dharma Gates. It has been a very special journey for me this year, as I've been noting the gates every day in my journal and they've shed light on the passing, often dark, days.
    Deep bows
    Meitou
    Sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Oh yes,
    thank you Shokai!
    This year, I subscribed to the blog and with this got them via mail every day, took them with me.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thank you Shokai. Like Kotei I received a new Dharma Gate each day via email so had them with me for the day

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Very much appreciated indeed. Thank you, Shokai, for taking us along the way.
    This year I've been following this closely like others did.

Gassho,
    Washin
    st-lah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Shokai, thank you for bringing the 108 Gates to us again. This year I could follow all 108 fo them. I didn't subscribe to the blog because I didn't wanted to receive more e-mails than I already receive, but I put it as my inicial page on my cell phone. It was the first thing I recited before getting up and the last before going to bed. Thank you ver much. I will miss the daily Gates.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat/LAH
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

thanks, Shokai

aprapti

std

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Yes thank you. I also learned to use twitter to receive Gates

Doshin
    St

Yes, Shokai, much appreciation and metta to you. This was a nice connection through the season. Maybe we should have a gatha of the day go out to everyone!

Gassho,
    Nengei
    Sat. LAH.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. there are traditionally two more entries. Over the past seven years, I am amused evry time by the fact that there are 109 gates in The Shobogenzo appendix. So, I do the last Gate this evening and then tomorrow i write a sort of conclusion to it all. Further to that , last year I did a summer series on the gathas associated with each gate. If there is enough interest amongst you I'd consider doing that again. As well I'm entertaining thoughts of doing small thesis on some of the individual elements.
    So, watch for the last two entries and let me know your thoughts on the above proposals. It could turn into a sort of study series.

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    Last edited by Shokai; 04-09-2020 at 12:44 AM.
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shokai View Post
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts. there are traditionally two more entries. Over the past seven years, I am amused evry time by the fact that there are 109 gates in The Shobogenzo appendix. So, I do the last Gate this evening and then tomorrow i write a sort of conclusion to it all. Further to that , last year I did a summer series on the gathas associated with each gate. If there is enough interest amongst you I'd consider doing that again. As well I hope to do. as well I'm entertaining thoughts of doing small thesis on some of the individual elements.
    So, watch for the last two entries and let me know your thoughts on the above proposals. It could turn into a sort of study series.

gashso, Shokai
    stlah
    Hi Shokai

Sounds good. Count me in

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. there are traditionally two more entries. Over the past seven years, I am amused evry time by the fact that there are 109 gates in The Shobogenzo appendix. So, I do the last Gate this evening and then tomorrow i write a sort of conclusion to it all. Further to that , last year I did a summer series on the gathas associated with each gate. If there is enough interest amongst you I'd consider doing that again. As well I'm entertaining thoughts of doing small thesis on some of the individual elements.

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    Yes, l would be interested in that too. I did laugh when I received the 109 email this morning, catches me out every year
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Sattoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    I would love if you do this. Looking forward...
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat/LAH
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

Thank you Shokai . As a late arrival I "gatecrashed" the last dozen or so gates. I'd be very interested in any new series.

Gassho, Chris stlah

p.s. What can I do with Twitter now...?