Thread: We're All In This Together (12) - What A Friend We Have In Jizo

We're All In This Together (12) - What A Friend We Have In Jizo

Sometimes, we all need a little help from our friends ... like Jizo Bodhisattva.

I am a rather skeptical fellow, and do not think that I believe in Jizo quite literally, but I do believe totally in the help and hope that Jizo represents, especially at scary times like now. The refuge and rescue that Jizo stands for is as real as real can be, and this Jizo does come right to our aid when called upon.

Please allow me to explain ...

Gassho, J

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 04-02-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

We're All In This Together (12) - What A Friend We Have In Jizo

I have often felt drawn to Jizo as a symbol of hope in dark times and admire the Japanese Mizuko ceremonies.

I have also thought a lot about the roles of bodhisattvas in our practice, I have come to a conclusion that they are ingredients one can use to bake the perfect Buddha-cake.

With love,
    Jakushin/Chishou
    Sat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ask not what the Sangha can do for you, but what you can do for your Sangha.

Quote Originally Posted by Chishou View Post
    I have often felt drawn to Jizo as a symbol of hope in dark times and admire the Japanese Mizuko ceremonies.

I have also thought a lot about the roles of bodhisattvas in our practice, I have come to a conclusion that they are ingredients one can use to bake the perfect Buddha-cake.

With love,
    Jakushin/Chishou
    Sat

l think that Jizos ride in the back of ambulances.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you Jundo, I've always enjoyed visiting neighborhood shrines that looked to Jizo.

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jundo.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Thank you, Jundo.

Gassho
    Washin
    st/lah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Thank you.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

DSCN1388.jpg

April showers, Jizo's flowers.

gassho
    doyu sat/lah today
    Visiting priest: use salt

Thank you, Jundo.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Smile

Thank you Jundo. Being a Ghibli fan I checked for references. Jizo cameos in My Neighbor Totoro (となりのトトロ, Tonari no Totoro).

Totoro_Jizo.jpg

Gassho, Chris satlh
    Last edited by Yokai; 04-02-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Mario Jizos are especially helpful!

Love the title, that song is stuck in my head now.

I am less skeptical than a lot of folks when it comes to believing there are supernatural beings out there that will lend us a hand in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKiwi View Post
    Being a Ghibli fan I checked for references. Jizo cameos in My Neighbor Totoro (となりのトトロ, Tonari no Totoro).

Totoro_Jizo.jpg

Gassho, Chris satlh
    One of Miyazaki's best!

Gassho,
    Mitka
    Sat
    Peace begins inside

I don’t have a buddha in my alter, but a Jizo. I enjoyed the video today, Jundo.
    Gassho
    -Sara
    ST/LAH

Thank you, Jundo. I think many of us also turn to Kannon, Jizo, Amida Buddha and even Jesus and Mary in our times of need. Don't know if they are real beings outside this world of samsara, but they are real every time we humans, other animals and even the universe itself helps others in their times of suffering. In a sense, we are all Kannon, Jizo and Amida. In other times, I had more difficulty in turning to these images of compassion, now, I can call them and leave the rest to emptiness.
    Chris and Mitka, I’m also a Ghibli fan. Thank you for bringing this.

Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat/LAH

Namu Jizo Bosatsu
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

Gassho
    Nengei
    Sat. LAH.

Holy Entropy Batman!!

Gassho,
    Chris
    st

Thanks Jundo.

Mark.

Sat today.

https://www.lionsroar.com/calling-on...ampaign=buffer

Here is an interesting article about Jizo and the ceremony for lost children by Lion’s Roar.

With bows,
    Jakushin

Ask not what the Sangha can do for you, but what you can do for your Sangha.

Jizzo, we need your help, "what a friend we have in Jizzo, all our sins and 'cares' to bear all because...'we do' not carry all or sins to God in prayer..." This is part paraphrase, part memory of what I was taught in a Fundamentalist church as a boy-- for me there are millions of fragments in songs and sermons from age 6 to age 14 ;14 when I began to realize in rebellion that there was something to science, even fictions in sciences, so there was for me the atheist, or agnostic but whose counting. About 8 years ago, Oct. 3, 2011, I came so close to bleeding out, I could taste the 10 units whole blood, 4 unites platelets into my veins pumped over 3 days in ICU, 5 days in constant care, and three weeks in hospital taught me a lesson, that the liquid muscle relaxant, benzos in quarts with many other ingredients brought me closer to God. Nevertheless, I was angry, so angry no Buddha would have had my greed and ignorance, thereafter reaching out to any life preserver I could find, prayer too. Jesus too, Buddha too. Ultimately, for at least now, putting out of my mind the pandemic.
    Tai Shi
    sat
    Gassho
    my last entry for today, Jundo, so it goes, and Vonnegut was U.U. like me.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆