Thread: We're All In This Together (10) - Recommendation: Cleaning

We're All In This Together (10) - Recommendation: Cleaning

Cleaning is an excellent practice which clears the heart, recommended for our troubled minds these days. But in Zen cleaning, we clean to clean, yet without goal. We seek to make the dirty clean, but have equanimity toward both clean and dirty. Clean is just clean, and dirty is a sparkling jewel of yuck.There is nothing to clean from the start, so let's get dusting!

ln this way, we learn to deal with all the crap of life.

Gassho, J

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 03-30-2020 at 01:45 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you Jundo, I have not too long ago finished my new member orientation videos and started missing watching them, I know beginners mind I can watch again but I really enjoy your videos. Once again Thanks.
    Heitou
    平桃

Thank you Jundo,
    will remove some Schmutz over here, too.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thank you Jundo

Gassho,
    Seibu
    Sattoday

Love the daily talks.

Doshin
    St

I have been tackling the grungy bathroom nooks.

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Plenty of cleaning going on here. I’ve used my time cleaning out my home office and some of my basement

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

The universe forced me to clean my basement first week of quarantine when it flooded.

Gassho,
    Mitka
    Sat
    Peace begins inside

We had a cleaning adventure yesterday at home, got rid of a piece of furniture and are now enjoying the open space where it used to sit. May all beings have space and room to breathe.

Gassho
    Kyōsen
    Sat|LAH
    橋川
    kyō (bridge) | sen (river)

Thanks Jundo, you always bring a smile to my face (and wisdom to my head). Today the kids made mini pizzas and left a gleaming glob of tomato puree on the cupboard door. You remind me it's all OK.
    Gassho, Chris stlah

Yes, I did this and felt so much better. Thank you for the wisdom, Jundo.

Sara
    ST/LAH

With a house full of pets and a lot of study being done by my wife and I, there is a lot to be cleanned.
    Thank you, Jundo, for reminding us of this practice-realization.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat/LAH
    Last edited by Tai Do; 04-04-2020 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Correcting bad English
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!