Thread: Quarantined with Animal Crossing New Horizons?

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar

Quarantined with Animal Crossing New Horizons?

Hi all,

During this time of social-distancing, my family has been relaxing together by playing the new Animal Crossing "New Horizons" game on Nintendo Switch. It is a sweet little game with no fighting or conflict (other than the occasional wasp sting or a frightening nighttime run-in with a tarantula). We are trying to plant as many different kinds of fruit trees and flowers as we can on our family's little island. And I've been trying to perfect a Soto-style set of robes (as in real-life, the little triangle over the left shoulder with the kesa is the hardest part).

Sit:
    IMG_6520--sekishi-sitting--800w.jpg

Then carry water (for the flowers):
    IMG_6518--sekishi-gardening--800w.jpg

Anyhow, I know at least one other Treeleafer who is playing (we've visited each other in-game), so I thought I'd start a thread where people could share creations, friend-codes, etc.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

JEALOUS! You did such a good job painting those robes! And the little sitting room!!

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyudo Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Very cool robes and wall design! I just started playing this yesterday. I’ve always loved the Animal Crossing games.

My friend code is: SW-4145-6103-4052

Gassho
    Kendrick
    Sat
    “Life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Each of us should strive to awaken. Awaken! Take heed, do not squander your life.” ― Dōgen

I started playing as well yesterday. Not sure what my friend code is or where to find that. Trying to keep my island very minimalist, Bodhidharma-meditating-in-his-meditation-cave-ish . It's very relaxing and a nice escape from the constant public health headlines.

I've been a Nintendo fan ever since I was young but stopped playing after the N64 until I picked up a Switch last year. So this is my first Animal Crossing game. I am pleasantly surprised by how good it is. You don't need war, blood and killing people to make a good game.

Gassho,
    Mitka
    Sat
    Peace begins inside

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar

Quarantined with Animal Crossing New Horizons?

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    My friend code is: SW-4145-6103-4052
    Friend request sent (from “Ctenophor”)!

My wife sent me a cushion as a gift in game. I customized it with the designer so there are some Zabutons now. And I got a crafting recipe for a mokugyo! Getting closer to having an Animal Crossing Zazenkai.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Enjoy, lots of my friends seem to be enjoying this game. I had been toying with buying a switch but could never quite justify the expense although now I'm regretting that a little!

Gassho,

Heiso

StLah

That is awesome! I accepted the request. I still don't know what I am doing though (as far as how multiplayer works). lol

Gassho
    Kendrick
    Sat
    “Life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Each of us should strive to awaken. Awaken! Take heed, do not squander your life.” ― Dōgen

I started playing since launch (March 20), I share an island with my wife.

My friend code is SW-5189-6014-2715

I made my own koromo + rakusu custom design which I'll share once I get off of work. Thinking of making a more casual t-shirt + rakusu or samue + rakusu design too.

This is my favourite site for finding cool custom clothing designs... lots of really awesome kimono and hakama designs:
    https://nooksisland.com/designs

You also might be interested in these rock garden custom designs for putting on the ground:
    https://twitter.com/uutGm1Ou0smRbBB/...82801651945472

Gassho,
    Kenny
    Sat Today

Sekishi,

Sandy is playing Animal Crossing these days too. You made us smile with those pictures!

I am currently playing Elder Scrolls Online, where I also play a priest

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Doh... the dukkha of NOT having Animal Crossing!

Animal Crossing.jpg

Time to sit... C stlah

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKiwi View Post
    Doh... the dukkha of NOT having Animal Crossing!
    I'm with you there!

Gassho,
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyudo Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

I thought you would find this interesting. I may have to give it a try ...

Amid quarantine, thousands are escaping to tropical islands — via 'Animal Crossing'
    A dozen players who spoke to NBC News said that “Animal Crossing” and other games like it have helped them cope with the isolation of the lockdowns.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/video-g...ssing-n1189976

Of course, this is not an "official" treeleaf game endorsement.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Awesome! Pictures are great. I have been playing it with my family.

Friends Code: SW-3652-9144-0913

I am not the only one playing on my Nintendo account so it might be others such as my son or wife if it shows I’m online. My daughter is still a baby so not her yet!

Gassho
    Bobby
    ST

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself."
    Shunryu Suzuki

I'm playing as well, it is a nice way to spend some time with family. My sisters are playing as well, so we chat about what's happening, help each other out and send gifts. It's a nice way to just be connected and have something to do together.

I'm sending friend requests to all of you.

Gassho,

Shoka
    sat
    香道 笑花
    Kodo Shoka

Please don't take anything I say as anything more than just a normal person's thoughts on the topic. I'm just stumbling through life trying to be helpful, but really don't know much.