Thread: We're All In This Together (8) - Rain again

We're All In This Together (8) - Rain again

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you, Jundo.

Today, during morning Zazen, workers started with sewage pipe repair works close by... floor vibrating and metal clanging.
    Plenty of practice opportunities ;-)
    When it's not about me, it is just what it is. And even when it is about me, there are still bad AND good parts.... after all, they're repairing the pipes, my sewage is flowing through.
    And the garden would appreciate some rain, too.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

It seems this morning's zazen was interesting for a few of us. My daughter woke up early and picked up my phone which was logged into the FSR via zoom at the time and ran off with it. A keystone cops style chase ensued as I tried to get it off her without disturbing anyone else's zazen. I then had to finish sitting in her room surrounded by toys. Such is life!

Gassho,

Heiso

StLah

Thank you Jundo.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Thank you. Yes plenty of ups and downs these days. It is all making for wonderful practice.

Tairin
    Sat today and LAH

I am looking forward to tomorrow's talk at the Zazenkai and likely a video. The topic will be dilemmas ... all the dilemmas and hard choices we are all be forced to face this week. My wife came to me tonight with something that she really should have a doctor look at unrelated to the virus. But, does she go and take a chance of being around his crowded office, elderly patients etc.? Strange times.

Anyway, that is something to discuss tomorrow.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I am looking forward to tomorrow's talk at the Zazenkai and likely a video. The topic will be dilemmas ... all the dilemmas and hard choices we are all be forced to face this week. My wife came to me tonight with something that she really should have a doctor look at unrelated to the virus. But, does she go and take a chance of being around his crowded office, elderly patients etc.? Strange times.

Anyway, that is something to discuss tomorrow.

Gassho, J

STLah
    I don't know what it is like there, but here they have started having patients wait in their cars and then they text or call when the doctor is ready. So contact is really only with the medical staff. You might check and see how they are handling things.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Thank you Jundo and Treeleaf

Myoho

SaT
    Mu

It is Spring in the desert which means days of strong winds. Today the wind howls with gusts up to 40 or 50 miles per hour. I am working with your advice. I am not upset with the wind for keeping me inside but I would like to be outside

Thank you.

Doshin
    St

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you for this talk, Jundo.
    Hope your wife is better. Metta to you all.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat today
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!