Thread: We're All In This Together (7) - Dreams for the Future

We're All In This Together (7) - Dreams for the Future

Zen folks accept the present and are present here and now, but also learn from the past and can plan for the future too.

Of course, I don't care so much for dreams that are about material stuff like more money or a new car in the garage. I mean, let's dream of things that benefit others more than ourselves, that leave our society more beautiful and pleasant for all.

What are your dreams for the world? I think that, especially at a time like this, it is good to stay hopeful for the future.

Gassho, J

STKag
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you Jundo and bird and cherry.

I'd like to see the world coming closer together.
    Seeing people understand that health, economy, environment pollution, poverty is not a local problem and not something that resolves itself.
    That today's and tomorrow's problems can only be solved together as one big nation...
    Letting borders be a strange construct from our violent past...
    Being there for each other regardless nations or ethnic origin...

Well... it was about dreams, wasn't it?
    Thank you all for doing your part in this... I'll continue, doing mine.
    Deep bows,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Hello Bodhisattvas..!
    Well...to me...every time I think/feel/dream and or "am being" about the future I can only place it all in "my own" (if there can ever be anything like that...) very actual goings-on...I mean...I always feel that the actual future seems (and perhaps only "SEEMS "), at least at a first "touch", really something quite distant indeed...but, in reality it is truly "all-about-now"! So the only thing that really matters, at least in my very surely narrow and probably immature understanding, is what I think, say and do right here and now...so that future is surely going to be the natural result of what is thought, said and done right now, both with on and without...
    Simply put: practice itself!!!
    And there's therefore no end to all we can actually "achive" for the future "right here and now"...in this present moment!
    Perhaps, talking about personal "dreams" for the future...me I'd like more "opening heart-mind-arms" everywhere...and note I say "opening" as a "practicing-verb" which can only be what it is when it is "put into action" as a form of practice...and, as such, in turn, only here and now!
    So...yes! It is all up to us all, anyway!
    Every time we feel disliking, aversion and rage...maybe we can slow down and observe first of all how it is just our own very limited ego-driven opinions and points of view about reality what triggers all that "not-so-comforting" feeling within, and then simply start "opening heart-mind-arms" and make a better "present-future" starting here and now!
    But above all I always feel that our smile Shikantaza practice also accompanied with huge loads of Instazazen is a very well patented recipy for a better future!
    So...let us just sit!

Gassho.
    Arya.
    ST.

I'd like to see the world coming closer together.
    Seeing people understand that health, economy, environment pollution, poverty is not a local problem and not something that resolves itself.
    That today's and tomorrow's problems can only be solved together as one big nation...
    Letting borders be a strange construct from our violent past...
    Being there for each other regardless nations or ethnic origin...
    That sound wonderful, Kotei!

I would very much like humans to have a different relationship to food production and the environment as a whole.
    As much as we can, economies should be more local and interconnected, making them far more resilient.
    Permaculture, ecology and sustainable development would be taught as core subjects in schools.
    Monthly offerings will be made to badgers and their gods.

More realistically, I would settle for humans to be a little kinder to each other and grateful for what they have rather than always wanting more.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

I'm experiencing our society being beautiful and pleasant, even in the face of hoarding and racism...

As a Nurse Manager coordinating lots of providers and staff in many different Geriatrics settings, one thing that has really given me pause is the outpouring of support we've gotten, especially when it comes to personal protective equipment. Just in reference to my own clinics, I've gotten the following donations from my colleagues in research:

6 canisters of Caviwipes
    16 gowns
    92 pairs of goggles/protective glasses
    148 N95 masks
    345 face shields
    467 boxes of gloves
    2,300 surgical masks

I also received from the community today more N95 masks and surgical masks, and around 30 hand-sewn cloth masks, which are simply lovely.

If that's not enough to give you hope for our race, today each of my staff received $90 from a patient, along with the following letter: "May 4, 2020, will be my 90'th birthday. Please help me celebrate by using the enclosed $90 to help someone in need. The who, what, where, and how much are your choice. My only request is that you use the enclosed card to let me know how your gift was used. That will bring me great joy. Thanks for helping me celebrate."

It's enough to make one hope for our future.

Shinshou (Daniel)
    Sat Today

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshou View Post
    I'm experiencing our society being beautiful and pleasant, even in the face of hoarding and racism...

As a Nurse Manager coordinating lots of providers and staff in many different Geriatrics settings, one thing that has really given me pause is the outpouring of support we've gotten, especially when it comes to personal protective equipment. Just in reference to my own clinics, I've gotten the following donations from my colleagues in research:

6 canisters of Caviwipes
    16 gowns
    92 pairs of goggles/protective glasses
    148 N95 masks
    345 face shields
    467 boxes of gloves
    2,300 surgical masks

I also received from the community today more N95 masks and surgical masks, and around 30 hand-sewn cloth masks, which are simply lovely.

If that's not enough to give you hope for our race, today each of my staff received $90 from a patient, along with the following letter: "May 4, 2020, will be my 90'th birthday. Please help me celebrate by using the enclosed $90 to help someone in need. The who, what, where, and how much are your choice. My only request is that you use the enclosed card to let me know how your gift was used. That will bring me great joy. Thanks for helping me celebrate."

It's enough to make one hope for our future.

Shinshou (Daniel)
    Sat Today
    Shinshou,

I read this to my wife and we both felt joy. Thank you for sharing, Thank you for what you do.

Doshin
    St

I love these series, and this talk with you and the bird was awesome, jundo!

Thanks and Gassho

Ben

Stlah

Enviado desde mi PLK-L01 mediante Tapatalk

Thank you, Jundo, for this thread. Thank you all that shared their views. Thank, Shinshou, for bringing this and giving us hope for the future.

I'd like to see a world where environmental issues are taken seriously, where we can be more connected globally, but also locally. I'd like to see an economy that is environmentally sustainable and more focused on distribution than on accumulation. I’d like to see governments that really shared the power with people and that make decision based on solid and scientifically sound facts, not on ideological or financial concerns. I’d like to see a world where all professions are valued, and all necessary jobs receive good payment, and in which technology can be used to make our lives better. I’d like to see a world in which all have the protection of safe net and the basic human rights are guaranteed to all human beings. By the way, I’d also like to see basic animal rights guaranteed.

It’s all a dream, of course, but I’d like to think that some of these at least are possible things to happen.

Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat/LAH
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

Wow, thank you for sharing everyone. You pretty much already said all my dreams. But I would like to add, concerning death:

I would like to see a world where death isn't viewed as the terrifying experience most people think it is. I would like to see a world where death is seen more as a beautiful, albeit sometimes painful, experience like childbirth. I would like to see a world where death is celebrated, and people throw death-parties. I would like to see a world where spiritual pursuits are honored. I would like to see a world where beauty and love and silence and contemplation is given more value than wealth and property and the stock exchange.

Gassho,
    Mitka
    Sat
    Peace begins inside