Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hard times can bring out the best in us

  1. #1

    Hard times can bring out the best in us

    Greetings.

    I am posting this on the art circle thread because this is a reminder of the power of our creative energy. The human spirit is alive and so very resilient.

    There have been so many clever videos going around, some better than others, but even in the hardest of times our humor, love of beauty or joy in life comes through.
    Do you have any examples to cheer us up?
    Here's mine:

    https://slippedisc.com/2020/03/belie...m-their-homes/

    Gassho
    Anne
    ~st~

  2. #2
    That was lovely. Thank you!
    Gassho,
    Krista
    st/lah

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooperix View Post
    Greetings.

    I am posting this on the art circle thread because this is a reminder of the power of our creative energy. The human spirit is alive and so very resilient.

    There have been so many clever videos going around, some better than others, but even in the hardest of times our humor, love of beauty or joy in life comes through.
    Do you have any examples to cheer us up?
    Here's mine:

    https://slippedisc.com/2020/03/belie...m-their-homes/

    Gassho
    Anne
    ~st~
    Brilliant! I'm sure everyone has seen the videos from Italy of people out on their balconies singing Fratelli d'Italia, the national anthem, and popular songs like Azzurro and Volare, so I won't repeat them here. THere is a guy on Twitter, an Italian based in France who is an art historian, and every day he's doing a one minute video about a famous Italian painting/building etc. Our TV every morning is almost a rolling display of people doing all sorts of things all over Italy, trying to keep our spirits up and encouraging us to look forward to better times ahead. From now on if I see something that fits this bill, I'll post it here.
    Thank you Anne
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattodaylah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Meitou View Post
    Brilliant! I'm sure everyone has seen the videos from Italy of people out on their balconies singing Fratelli d'Italia, the national anthem, and popular songs like Azzurro and Volare, so I won't repeat them here. THere is a guy on Twitter, an Italian based in France who is an art historian, and every day he's doing a one minute video about a famous Italian painting/building etc. Our TV every morning is almost a rolling display of people doing all sorts of things all over Italy, trying to keep our spirits up and encouraging us to look forward to better times ahead. From now on if I see something that fits this bill, I'll post it here.
    Thank you Anne
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattodaylah
    Meitou,
    I have heard of the balcony concerts but not seen them. Please do post!

    Bows
    Anne

    ~st~

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooperix View Post
    Meitou,
    I have heard of the balcony concerts but not seen them. Please do post!

    Bows
    Anne

    ~st~
    I'll try to find some tomorrow!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

  6. #6
    Hello,

    times like these seem to bring out the best and the worst...
    I too like these examples, that show that the vast majority of people is standing together.
    In the cities in Germany, like in a lot of other European cities,
    people open their windows, go on the balconies at 9pm every evening and applaud the health workers and those who keep everything running.
    Heartwarming.


    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    古庭 KoTei / Ralf

  7. #7
    I don't know if it qualifies to be posted here, but this photo was made by my brother's wife team on the Clynics Hospital of Porto Alegre. She is the one standing on the right of the picture.

    25626298.jpg

    The words say: "We are here for you. Stay home for us."

    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat/LAH

  8. #8
    Kotei an Mateus,
    Thanks!
    Here's an article from Emergence Magazinr that gives hope.
    https://emergencemagazine.org/story/finnegas/

    Gassho

    Anne

    ~st~

  9. #9
    I found a couple of Italian ones, the first is a group of delivery drivers - note the Amazon boxes - singing 'la gente come noi non rende mai' - people like us never give in.
    The second is a montage of various balcony scenes. There has been a slight, not disapproval of the balcony singing, more a gentle reminder that we shouldn't be lulled into thinking everything is ok or that there is anything to celebrate, especially in light of today's awful figures. It will be a long time before we are in position to celebrate anything.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...-rally-in-song

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/dj3...ar-of-the-mask

    Enjoy
    Meitou
    sattoday
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •