Thread: Check-ins and sangha support

Check-ins and sangha support

Hi all

During this time, you may wish to connect with Treeleaf more closely.

If this is the case and you feel in need of more support then there are two options we can offer you:

1. One of our priests can check in with you every couple of days by message or other method or you can contact them as needed.

2. We can operate a sangha buddy system in a similar way to during Ango (this is sort of our Covid Ango!) so that you have someone to chat with and share concerns and practice with just so that you have at least one regular Zen contact during this time.

Let us know if you would like either below, and feel free to message one of the priests if you would like to take advantage of option one but would rather not say publicly.

Much metta to everyone.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
    ------------------------------------
    Feel free to message me if you wish to talk about issues around practicing with physical limitations. This is something I have been sitting with for a fair while and am happy to help with suggestions or just offer a listening ear.

I personally would like to connect with someone.. just someone to talk to casually but consistently. Recently I've been uploading "unlisted" semi private dialogue videos on my private youtube account and sending to a friend. They watch, create their own and send back. Kind of like a video pen pal. I find this very therapeutic for me. That is my preferred method. It's more personal. I also practice Stoicism, if that speaks to anyone. If someone is sincerely interested, please reach out.

I live near Ottawa Canada, but timezones don't really matter. Just throwing it out there.

Gassho Kyotai
    ST

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyotai; 03-21-2020 at 04:41 AM.
    I am a student at Treeleaf. Please take what I say with a grain of salt. Gassho

If anyone just wants someone to exchange PMs/emails, I could do that.

Gassho

Nenka

I'm available for message exchanges, emails, Zoom chats or anything if needed. We live in rural Queensland, Australia and our timezone is 1 hour ahead of Japan or GMT+10 if that is easier to understand.
    Gassho
    Onka (Anna)
    St
    On Ka
    穏 火
    aka Anna Kissed.
    No Gods No Masters.
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyotai View Post
    I personally would like to connect with someone.. just someone to talk to casually but consistently. Recently I've been uploading "unlisted" semi private dialogue videos on my private youtube account and sending to a friend. They watch, create their own and send back. Kind of like a video pen pal. That is my preferred method. It's more personal. I also practice Stoicism, if that speaks to anyone. If someone is sincerely interested.

I live near Ottawa Canada. Just throwing it out there.

Gassho Kyotai
    ST

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    The video penpal idea is brilliant!
    Gassho
    Onka
    st
    On Ka
    穏 火
    aka Anna Kissed.
    No Gods No Masters.
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously.

Anyone can PM me whenever they wish.

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyudo Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Anyone feel free to contact me whenever you wish (PM, Zoom, email or skype)

Gassho
    Washin
    ST
    Kaido (有道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything what I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Hey all

Although busy with COVID planning for my workplace I am happy to support the sangha in any way I can - just having these threads in the first place will serve as a lifeline to many. Although the sangha cannot replace professional help, at this time all of those services are under increasing pressure - so get your support where you can. One of my areas of speciality is suicide prevention and self-harm risk management so I know the importance of early intervention. Please don't wait to get help!

Gassho

Tokan

Sat(insta-zazen) and LAH

Kokuu,

As always a wonderful idea. This is the time reach out to others, a few kind words and connection can make all the difference.

I'm always available for anyone who wants to chat or just sit quietly being together.

Gassho,

Shoka
    Sat

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    香道 笑花
    Kodo Shoka

Please don't take anything I say as anything more than just a normal person's thoughts on the topic. I'm just stumbling through life trying to be helpful, but really don't know much.

Good stuff you all are doing!

Doshin
    St

This is great! I'm pretty low-key for the most part (unless I want to start an argument/but I reserve it for Ango :P hehehehe); seriously, I'm around and, if anyone wants to discuss anything, needs to talk, etc; just PM me.

We will all get through this together; humans are incredibly resilient. I know this is new to us, but we've faced much, much worse. I think we need to remain vigilant and continue following the advice of our medical experts, use this time to encourage and comfort each other, and not panic.

I know it's easier said than done, but now is where the rubber meets the road with our practice.

Anyhoo - hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

Gassho

Rish
    -st

Itís a great idea. This really feels like ango. For anyone wanting to talk, PM me or send me and email (mateus.baldin@gmail.com). Iíve been reconnecting to old friends with whom I didnít talk in years. This is part of our lockdown LAH.
    Thank you for this initiative.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat/LAH

I would like to be in contact with others. I'm a terrible correspondent, and really struggle sometimes with maintaining even tenuous connections. I have email, PM, Skype, and now Zoom. I'm in western North Carolina; EST.
    May you be well, free of suffering, and at peace.
    Emmet
    May all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind
    quickly be freed from their illnesses.
    May those frightened cease to be afraid
    and may those bound be free.
    May the powerless find power
    and may people think of befriending one another.

This is a lovely idea, Kokuu.

I am available if anyone who wants to chat.

Gassho,

Heiso

StLah

I'm certainly no priest or unsui, but feel free to message me :-) I'd be happy to chat with and listen to anyone.

Gassho
    Seibu
    Sattoday

Hi All,

Haven't posted in awhile--
    life got in the way,
    but I wanted to wish you all good health,
    and a very metta day!

Gassho,
    Chris

xoxo

Smile

Hi all,

I'm keen to support any initiatives that help us connect and grow as a sangha community. It's a precious experience to sit zazen with our global family, but it's even more precious as we get to know each other better.

Open 24/7/365-ish!

Gassho, Chris stlah
    Last edited by ChrisKiwi; 04-05-2020 at 10:27 PM.

I would like a Sangha buddy but I think I just found afew, Kel!y Rok and Meien if they count and I thank you both, if this something different count me in.

Samurai

I enjoy all of the positivity, and while I've been here awhile I've done far more lurking than posting. I'm available just to chat, talk philosophy, anything really! I live right in the middle of the United States if time zones matter to anybody. Much metta to all and have a wonderful day!

Gassho,

Joshua
    Sat/lah

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I would like to check in with someone on a regular basis.. I'm having trouble sitting because I'm so distractable and restless right now. Unfocused. My therapist is planning on quitting soon and she was gone this week for school. Basically I am talking with my casemanager. Everyone here is working from home but my sister, brother-in-law, and other roommate are all extremely introverted, so I don't really have anyone to talk to. Talking to someone over the forum would be so wonderful!

Theresa
    LAH
    Last edited by Istra; 04-18-2020 at 10:33 PM. Reason: to add name and LAH
    Be humble for you are made of earth,
    Be noble for you are made of stars.

You can send me or any of the unsui a PM any time you like, Theresa. Take care of yourself.

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyudo Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Thank you, Geika. I will feel free to PM and I'm working on doing better. Thank you.

Theresa
    LAH
    Be humble for you are made of earth,
    Be noble for you are made of stars.

I would love to have a check in buddy! I haven't been very active online for a while and I apologize for that, currently my 2 jobs are both still deemed essential and that makes my work day around 13-15 hours long so I have little time to hop online during the week. The little time I have extra I try to keep open for sitting and family.

However my second job is slowing down and I now have a little more time.

I would be happy to pair up with anyone needing a buddy!

Gassho,

Junkyo
    Sat

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Any time, Junkyo, you can send a PM.

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyudo Geika

Quote Originally Posted by Geika View Post
    Any time, Junkyo, you can send a PM.

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    Always appreciated my friend!

Gassho,

Junkyo
    SAT

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I think this is a wonderful idea, an as your roving European correspondent I'd love to say I'm happy to pm\mail or zoom. Id love to get more involved with the treeleaf Sangha, as I seem to be much more ripe for action nowadays.

So feel free to get in touch with me wherever you may be in the world whether it be for deep chats or just a friendly face on zoom.

Also I can categorically state that as my ango buddy, Tokan was a great dude to chat to and I'm sure the same goes for everyone else here.

Gassho🙏

Neil

SAT/LAH