Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Are All in This Together (1)

Thank you Jundo and thank you Treeleaf.

Gassho

Sat
    Last edited by Anchi; 04-19-2020 at 07:01 PM.
    Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Hello Sangha,

I have been absent for so long ( off line but zen practice continues ) but want to reach out during this very difficult time to send Jundo and all of you my very best wishes for your health and well being. I feel close to all of you every time I sit and am grateful to know this Sangha is here. May you all be well.

Gassho,

Jyúkatsu
    Sat Today
    柔 Jyū flexible
    活 Katsu energetic

Inside most of the time, but I walk the block daily 440 feet (0.13 km). Last evening camera, and phone. By 7:00 work on my book, first time in a week. Not so good for inside. After outside, I am content for several days. I walked 1 1/2 miles (3.22 km) to my surprise. Last week I'd lost another 8 lb (3.63 kg) More content because now I weigh 192 lb (ca. 87 kg) and this from a man who 10 yrs ago weighed 270 lb (ca. 122 kg), 5.7 ft (1.74 m), Thank you Jundo for all you do, for videos, all together. You are right Jundo, what to do, writing is everything to me. That's what I have to offer, edited work.
    Tai Shi
    sat lah
    Gassho
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 05-01-2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: concussion corrections
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

My family was poor, as my brother still is poor, my mother was poor, my father, though he had money. My wife Marjorie and I are the first family to be middle class though Marjorie has learned not to give me much money. As for the 33rd medallion, I have purchased my own anticipating my 12th step birthday. We have a saying in that program, "You're only as old as the years you have been sober? " That makes me almost 33 years old. Thank you Jundo. All our world is our Temple.
    Tai Shi
    sat lah
    Gassho
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 04-25-2020 at 02:01 PM.

I'm on the verge of tears. You all have taught me honesty, care, understanding and willingness, please don't blame the priest in training who worked with me for over a year. I know he overstepped his bounds, but it takes two to tango, and if I knew Richard's new Dharma name I would make amends, but it took a man I sponsor to teach me honesty, my new AA group is local and Zoom. I must remain anonymous in writing, but I will make my third dedication to Jundo and truly to Treeleaf Zendo you have and are teaching me honesty, and willingness, understanding and compassion, and I'm grateful that I have been able to really practice the 12th step here because of my Sangha, we take refuge in the Sangha, I FINALLY get it, and I love you all, I trust you. "Having had a Spiritual experience, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and practice these principles in all of our affairs." This is the 12th step of recovery. Oh my God in heaven I get it, I know compassion, oh Richard, you meant no harm, "You are you, I am me, and you tried to teach me trust, but it takes a village" that's what the Buddha was trying to tell us, you can't lower your selfhood, but you must-- this is the eternal paradox of compassion. Richard, thank you. You are loved here in our Sangha.
    Tai Shi
    sat/ the 11th step
    Gassho
    the 12th Step
    I've worked the steps,
    Now I must continually work the steps.
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 05-06-2020 at 03:11 PM. Reason: I'm so sorry for posting so much, and this will be my only one today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Shi View Post
    I'm on the verge of tears. You all have taught me honesty, care, understanding and willingness, please don't blame the priest in training who worked with me for over a year. I know he overstepped his bounds, but it takes two to tango, and if I knew Richard's new Dharma name I would make amends, but it took a man I sponsor to teach me honesty, my new AA group is local and Zoom. I must remain anonymous in writing, but I will make my third dedication to Jundo and truly to Treeleaf Zendo you have and are teaching me honesty, and willingness, understanding and compassion, and I'm grateful that I have been able to really practice the 12th step here because of my Sangha, we take refuge in the Sangha, I FINALLY get it, and I love you all, I trust you. "Having had a Spiritual experience, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and practice these principles in all of our affairs." This is the 12th step of recovery. Oh my God in heaven I get it, I know compassion, oh Richard, you meant no harm, "You are you, I am me, and you tried to teach me trust, but it takes a village" that's what the Buddha was trying to tell us, you can't lower your selfhood, but you must-- this is the eternal paradox of compassion. Richard, thank you. You are loved here in our Sangha.
    Tai Shi
    sat/ the 11th step
    Gassho
    the 12th Step
    I've worked the steps,
    Now I must continually work the steps.
    Your presence here is a gift Tai Shi.
    You only speak from the heart and that is the gift you share with the world beyond our Sangha.
    Your ongoing recovery and commitment to the teachings of Jesus and Buddha will continue to serve you and those you love well.
    Let the tears roll my comrade Tai Shi, they are beautiful.
    Gassho
    Onka
    Sat
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Onka, you have brought me to tears. It is seldom a peer recognizes my qualities, and equality. You yourself are a gift. All women are a gift, a gift unto all of us to you, to us to all of us. You have learned to turn compliments to a world around upon the maker. Let me thank you beyond words...
    Tai Shi
    sat/ lah
    most recently $20 to the Spondylitis Association of America.
    An Association, non-profit I would as you all to support.
    Even through this pandemic they are helping us, we who have Spondiliosis type diseases. There is now proof that through anxiety and depression, this disease causes mental illnesses. Oh God, I ask through my tears, why didn't they help me, why doesn't psychiatry help all of us. Finally at age 68 the culminanation of many years of treatment. Gratitude.
    Gassho
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 05-11-2020 at 09:59 AM.

"most recently $20 to the Spondylitis Association of America.
    An Association, non-profit I would as you all to support.
    Even through this pandemic they are helping us, we who have Spondiliosis type diseases. There is now proof that through anxiety and depression, this disease causes mental illnesses. Oh God, I ask through my tears, why didn't they help me, why doesn't psychiatry help all of us. Finally at age 68 the culminanation of many years of treatment. Gratitude.
    Gassho"

I'm a bit weird Tai Shi my friend. I kinda think that real life genuine brutal struggle for however many years can be our greatest help.
    I reckon that had you not experienced or continue to experience so many incredibly difficult challenges then you wouldn't be the man, the husband, the father, the 12 step mentor or the friend you are today.
    Imagine if you'd sailed along in life having everything easy. Would your relationship with Jesus or Buddha be as strong?
    I love that at 68 you find gratitude comrade because that's the kind of insight that can only come from your commitment to your Practice and your commitment to be better and do better.
    Be well comrade and try not to let the daily challenges you manage so well get the better of you. You're a fighter my friend. Keep fighting the good fight.

Gassho
    Onka

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Quote Originally Posted by Onka View Post

I'm a bit weird Tai Shi my friend. I kinda think that real life genuine brutal struggle for however many years can be our greatest help.
    I reckon that had you not experienced or continue to experience so many incredibly difficult challenges then you wouldn't be the man, the husband, the father, the 12 step mentor or the friend you are today.
    Imagine if you'd sailed along in life having everything easy. Would your relationship with Jesus or Buddha be as strong?
    I love that at 68 you find gratitude comrade because that's the kind of insight that can only come from your commitment to your Practice and your commitment to be better and do better.
    Be well comrade and try not to let the daily challenges you manage so well get the better of you. You're a fighter my friend. Keep fighting the good fight.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Today, and always, I am grateful for the real face to face 12th step meetings, people who, which for more than 37 years over and over have saved my life, taught me morals, and even fed Marjorie and me when we were poor students, and thus not only have I helped with money in the basket, and to my friends, more than $2,000, I don't really know, $3 to 5 dollars in the basket, every week (except for weeks in hospital) for 37 years (including the five years I was drinking and going off and on to meetings), but they have given me more love, than anyone, when I had none to give, or tough love when that was what I really needed, and THE most appreciative people of my family, my Marjorie, and my Laurel (they don't actually belong to me but give back), people who have reminded me over and over how important life is, how to give back, and indeed my very life. With this pandemic I stay away (with tears in my eyes) and wait for the days of return to my friends. I'm going to chair meetings at the 24/ 7 international 12th step group on Zoom, up to 150 participants at one time, and my training has already begun by observing and not sharing for 4 or hours a day. Hosts are on for two hours for this open meeting. Please, a little Metta for folks with "BAD" situations. I will get more formal training starting Sunday morning.
    Tai Shi
    sat/ lah
    Gassho
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 05-30-2020 at 09:41 AM. Reason: update

Again, I'm grateful for my wife who teaches me in her wisdom that Life does not have to be a brutal struggle, that often people are good to each other, that sensitivity and learning are the basis of honesty, sanctity of life like being good and loving toward folks in family and outside family, that "to love thy neighbor as thyself" is not just a saying, but something to be lived every day.
    I'm grateful to have learned that to tell someone you love them does not mean so, that always it is better to live love and say nothing.
    That good poetry practices elision, or withholding pertinent information in an artistic and delicate manner makes for the greatest poetry in the world, that when this is done in spoken language, the poetry may never be written down, the basis if chant and prayer.
    Tai Shi
    sat
    Gassho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12