Thread: New Zealand Monday evening zazen

New Zealand Monday evening zazen

Tēnā koe, or more informally, kia ora, or a warm New Zealand welcome to a new scheduled zazen sitting.

From Monday 17th Feb at 2000 New Zealand time, I will sit in the scheduled sitting room for a regular weekly 30 minute zazen sit. If you are from my part of the world, or if you're time zone makes this a convenient sit for you, please join me. The scheduled sitting room can be found in 'treeleaf NOW', and if you already have it saved in your favourites awesome, if not it is easy to find if you google 'treeleaf now' or enter via the Zoom ID: 483 483 1244.

I will be online myself at precisely 2000, we will allow five minutes for people to join and then start zazen. Basic zendo etiquette applies, if you are new and not sure what that means please ask around the forum - the weekly zazenkai thread has some guidance too.

Be great to see you there tomorrow or any Monday after that. You are welcome to PM me at any time.

Gassho, Tokan (Leon)

SatLah

kiwi.jpg

Hi all

I'll be online in 30 minutes, if you are able to join me it would be nice to sit in community with you live.

Gassho

Tokan

satlah

My apologies Tokan for not seeing this inaugural meeting notice. I aim to be there next week.
    Gassho, Chris satlah

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKiwi View Post
    My apologies Tokan for not seeing this inaugural meeting notice. I aim to be there next week.
    Gassho, Chris satlah
    Kia ora Chris

That's okay, join when you can, see you next time!

Gassho, Tokan

satlah

I've just seen this but will check time differences.
    Gassho
    Onka
    st
    On Ka
    穏 火
    aka Anna Kissed.
    No Gods No Masters.
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously.

Be good to see you there Onka

Gassho, Tokan

Satlah

Hi all

Just going to set up now, see you soon!

Gassho, Tokan

satlah

Kia ora whanau (hey sangha)

Online tonight, 8pm NZ time, hope to see some of you there. Simple bell and zazen, and a chat afterwards if you have the time.

Gassho, Tokan

SatLah

Sweet as
    Gassho satlah

I applaud you Folks for your undertaking. There is something more than30 miles (ca. 48 km) away too much for Marjorie. I think round trip more than 60 miles (ca. 97 km), maybe 70 miles (ca. 113 km)-- not possible. Someday maybe but I think what you have is wonderful.

Tai Shi
    sat/ lah
    Gassho
    The object of practice is not transcendence but transformation, yet ultimately we must transcend ourselves. (Elucidation of Dogen) in HOW TO RAISE AN OX

Thanks for the sit not sure if i was using zoom properly. maybe i should have researched that first nice to have a bit of camaraderie with the our brothers and sisters across the ditch.

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael, good to see you last night. Tokan wasn't there to lead so a bit DIY! Still, sitting is sitting.

Deep bows, Chris

Hi all

Apologies for last night. I accessed the room through the quicklink on the treeleaf now page - but I seem to have been in a different place to you guys. Wherever I was, I was sitting with you

I'll try to get it right next week

Gassho, Tokan

SatLah in home isolation and lockdown

i was wondering why i didnt hear any start or finishing bells thought i did something weird my end ;

Hi guys

Well, let's see how tonight goes. I accessed the SSR through the treeleaf NOW link, rather than dial in direct, which I shall do again tonight. If I don't see you there, at precisely 8pm NZ time, I will leave the room and re-enter. Remember it is in the scheduled sitting room. Hope to see some of you tonight - I'll be in the room early anyhow tonight, so feel free to join me ten minutes early for a chat, at least we will know the connection is working for me today!

Gassho

Tokan (satlah)

Hi all

I'm going to duck out tonight, I suspect I have a pneumonia brewing (lung disease!) and feel a bit ill with it, aka, if I sit still for too long I get quite unsettling nausea - enough info, maybe TMI, sit without me, I'll be thinking of you from my sick bed.

Gassho, kinda sat, a bit of lah

Tokan

Hi Tokan, look after yourself bro', pneumonia is rough. I feel for you.
    Much metta to you and your family.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leon View Post
    Hi all

I'm going to duck out tonight, I suspect I have a pneumonia brewing (lung disease!) and feel a bit ill with it, aka, if I sit still for too long I get quite unsettling nausea - enough info, maybe TMI, sit without me, I'll be thinking of you from my sick bed.

Gassho, kinda sat, a bit of lah

Tokan
    Keep us posted and all Metta.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Oh dear, Metta to you Leon and yes please let us know how you are doing!

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH
    清 道 寂田
    SEIDO JAKUDEN
    I am a novice priest. Any resemblance my posts may have to actual teachings about the Dharma, living or dead, is purely coincidental (and just my attempt to be helpful).

Hi guys, thanks for the metta.

My doctor doesn't know what I have yet but it seems I might have an autoimmune disease or some aspect of my immune system is hyperactive. Although I do get pneumonia more often than I'd like because of a degree of lung disease, these past few months have been a bit different and the harder I have pushed against this unknown illness, the more the Law of Diminished Returns comes into play. So just ended up at a low ebb recently and an opportunistic infection got into my lungs. Fortunately it would appear to be viral but not COVID-19 and so I am on the road to recovery. I don't like skipping scheduled zazen sittings, but Monday wasn't a good night, so I will see you in zazenkai this weekend and my NZ timezone friends this coming Monday evening.

I was explaining my situation to some friends, here in treeleaf too, that I am so used to being the last-person standing, and that I can always overcome the odds, that the recent realisation that my current health may actually be my new normal has been a difficult (but not impossible) pill to swallow. I've realised that I do just have to embrace it as it is, let go of my idealised image of who I should be (which I thought I had done lol!), and again prostrate and humble myself before this beautiful and crazy thing we call life!

I am very grateful for all your kind words of support.

Gassho, Tokan

satlah

Hi Tokan, much Metta to you my friend. Thank you for your honest and open update. I know your Treeleaf family are here for you (including your NZ bud). Personal experience suggests it may take time to get your head around. Be kind to yourself...

I so admire your leadership by example...what better place to process than on the zafu!

Hopefully see you at the weekend. Thanks for all you do Tokan.

Deep bows, Chris stlah

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk