Thread: "Simple Living" - Chapters 61 and 62

"Simple Living" - Chapters 61 and 62

Just jump in if joining, no "catch up" ... just today is today ...

I will include chapter headings, as we discovered some differences between the US and UK editions regarding chapter order.

Chapter 61 - Serve People - Please engage in some especially big and juicy "LAH" activity this week that really helps someone, gives them some joy. As best you can, do so with a heart of non-attachment too.

“LAH” (Lend A Hand)
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...Lend-A-Hand%29

Chapter 62 - Cast Away The "Three Poisons" - If getting angry about something this week, drop the anger intentionally as you "Simple Living" task for the week. Do it, as if you were using your "Get Out of Jail Card" in that game, and just walk away from the anger ...

If one is not prone to anger this week, it is acceptable to substitute a moment of greed, jealousy or the like.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Done and done ... oh, and here is "my" garden from a previous chapter ... added a fresh rock. Jizo looks suspicious ...

jizo.jpg

gassho
    doyu sat/lah
    Visiting unsui: salt liberally.

合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

I'm not sure I am going to be working directly with people, but I start volunteering 2 days a week at Love Inc this week. It serves homeless and low-income people. Does that work or does it need to be something else? For chapter 62, I think my problem I'll be working on is greed. I have so much already. I still seem to always want "something" else though.

SatToday/LAH
    Theresa
    Be humble for you are made of earth,
    Be noble for you are made of stars.

#61. I’ve been volunteering as a programming mentor for my son’s school robotics team. It has been on going since the the beginning of January. The kids are really into this and their dedication is inspiring. We aren’t saving the world but I know my contribution is appreciated

#62. The “Get out of Jail” free card is appreciated. I haven’t had to play it yet though.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

#61 I approached a Volunteer teaching org over the weekend and expect to hear from them soon. Here's hoping I'll actually follow through on this one for a change.

#62 Need to be a little less greedy around those sweets

Gassho
    Anant
    SaT