Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT: The RETURN of the Treeleaf "DAILY WISDOM/Dharma Leafs" Phone APP !

ANNOUNCEMENT: The RETURN of the Treeleaf "DAILY WISDOM/Dharma Leafs" Phone APP !

Dear All,

I am pleased to announce that our Treeleaf "DAILY WISDOM/Dharma Leafs" phone app is available again, now ready for both ANDROID and IPhone!

The app is very simple: With a click, a few words of Zen wisdom pop up, to be repeated, followed by a certain number of breaths. It is good practice during one's busy day, especially at those moments when life gets a little trying.

To access:

Android, Google Play Store: Search for "Dharma Leafs". Include the quotes when searching, this will make finding it much easier.

Apple IOS, App Store: search for TreeLeafs.

At trying moments during the day, recite the quote once slowly, then focus on the breath for the times indicated.

Many of the sayings were suggested by Treeleaf members at the time of the app's original development.

I would like to thank our Treeleaf member, Drew, for all his hard work these past many weeks to update the coding, and also get it ready and uploaded to both the Play Store and for Apple. I would also like to thank again Ongen, the original developer of the app.

Lovely.

There is no charge for the app, of course, and it is meant to be both free and freeing. As far as I know, as a good Buddhist app, it is free of "malware" and the like too. Only "goodware."

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-12-2020 at 02:34 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Gassho to Jundo, Drew, and Ongen.

Just installed and first message is gratitude with 9 deep breaths.

Gassho
    Van

Sat _/\_

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks to all.

Doshin
    St

Thank you for your hard work Ongen, Drew, and Jundo. /\ I downloaded it just now.

Gassho
    Kendrick
    Sat

Super cool! Thank you for all of the hard work!

Sat today
    Adam

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you Jundo and fellow developers

I have been searching for the "Dharma Leafs" (also tried without quotes) in the Play Store
    and couldn't find the app. so far. Anyone here succeeded with the Android?

Gassho
    Washin
    sat/lah
    Last edited by Washin; 02-12-2020 at 11:22 AM. Reason: spacing
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Quote Originally Posted by Washin View Post
    Thank you Jundo and fellow developers

I have been searching for the "Dharma Leafs" (also tried without quotes) in the Play Store

Gassho
    Washin
    sat/lah
    Let me ask Drew ,,,

Gassho, J

STLah

Searched for Treeleaf and found it here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reeleaf.dharma

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Washin, I had my son search last night and it came up. So I'm not sure why you had a problem. The only thing I can think of is a geographical issue.

Kotei, Thanks so much for jumping in, deep bows.

Gassho, Drew
    Sat

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Thank you Kotei. I followed the link and it says "this application is not optimized for your device"
    which is strange as I owe relatively new Samsung Galaxy version of the phone and tablet.

The only thing I can think of is a geographical issue.
    This may also be a thing. Thank you Drew.

Gassho
    Washin
    st/lah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching

Thank you Kotei. I followed the link and it says "this application is not optimized for your device"
    which is strange as I owe relatively new Samsung Galaxy version of the phone and tablet.
    Hello Washin,
    it's working on a Galaxy S9+ over here.
    The idea about the geographical issue sounds possible... issues with Cyrillic letters or just other defaults for your location...
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

I have been making good use of the app for short meditations through the day. It is really wonderful. I shared the app with my wife and my mom. /\

Gassho
    Kendrick
    Sat/lah

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Alas, I am getting the same "not compatible" message here in Japan when trying to download from the Play Store. Hmmm. My phone is a Fujitsu Android, not so old or young (like me).

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Also, someone on facebook asked this question. I am not sure, as I cannot download yet ...

What is the screen that has a lot of text on it but it disappears immediately in between the Zen wisdom and breaths images? I wanted to read it, however it simply jumps off the screen and disappears immediately. Curious as to what it says.
    Can someone let me know. Thank you.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Also, someone on facebook asked this question. I am not sure, as I cannot download yet ...

Can someone let me know. Thank you.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Hi Jundo --

I think the text they are referring to is the app description (what you can pull up by tapping on the question mark in the lower right corner of the app). It flashes super quick, but I think I caught enough of it to confirm it Here's a screenshot of the text I'm referring to:

Screenshot_20200212-210018.png

Love the app, by the way. Thank you Jundo, Drew and Ongen for your work on this!

Gassho,

Ryan
    Sat Today
    Last edited by Bokugan; 02-13-2020 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Added screenshot of text

Does this release have anything new because I'm still working the original version that has never left my phone and it seems to be working just fine.

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

What a great App for those Insta-Zen moments! Thank you for this providing app.
    Gassho, chris -sat/lah

Nothing new, I did not modify the code of the app itself. I had to update the config.xml file it uses during compile to point to the newer versions of libraries. The older libraries caused it error when loading into the store.

I tested the Android app on Samsung Galaxy 10+ and a Note 10 here in the US. I've tested the IOS version on an iPhone 11pro and iPad mini 4.

Seems the problems are with the Android version. I'll look this weekend to see if there are any settings I can change in the store posting.

Gassho, Drew
    Sat
    Last edited by drew; 02-13-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan-S View Post
    Hi Jundo --

I think the text they are referring to is the app description (what you can pull up by tapping on the question mark in the lower right corner of the app). It flashes super quick, but I think I caught enough of it to confirm it Here's a screenshot of the text I'm referring to:

Screenshot_20200212-210018.png

Love the app, by the way. Thank you Jundo, Drew and Ongen for your work on this!

Gassho,

Ryan
    Sat Today
    Yes, that is the text. There should be a screen shot it in the app store listing as well.
    Gassho, Drew
    Sat

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    Hello Washin,
    it's working on a Galaxy S9+ over here.
    The idea about the geographical issue sounds possible... issues with Cyrillic letters or just other defaults for your location...
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Sounds very possible, Kotei, as I have a Galaxy S9 too. The strange thing is that the original version of the app.
    had worked even on an older version of Lenovo I had back then.

Gassho,
    Washin
    st/lah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

I love this app! Thank you to all involved in putting this together!

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei

sattoday/lah

I've not been successful in downloading on my android or iPad.

Gassho
    Anne

St

Quote Originally Posted by Cooperix View Post
    I've not been successful in downloading on my android or iPad.

Gassho
    Anne

St
    Anne,

What Android device and what version of android, and what iPad?

Gassho, Drew
    Sat
    Last edited by drew; 02-16-2020 at 07:47 PM.

for those having problems you can run it in a browser directly from this website: 159.65.230.81/

Gassho,
    Drew
    Sat

Sounds very possible, Kotei, as I have a Galaxy S9 too. The strange thing is that the original version of the app.
    had worked even on an older version of Lenovo I had back then.

Gassho,
    Washin
    st/lah

There were no location settings I could change or adjust.
    I tried to load the app with an older android library that supported android 8. Google would not let me, gave an error I had to use a library for Android 9 to get it to load into the app store. 1535 devices are supported. I can look up a device to see if it is supported.

If interested, it forced me to use API level 28 and would not let me use level 27. Here are the Android releases and API level that goes with them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

Gassho, Drew
    Sat
    Last edited by drew; 02-16-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Quick links to the app are below: currently there are 27 installs on Android devices and 25 installs on Apple devices.

Google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reeleaf.dharma

Apple app store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/treele...498267952?ls=1

Gassho, Drew
    Sat

Thank you, Drew.

for those having problems you can run it in a browser directly from this website: 159.65.230.81/
    The browser link works for me. Thank you, Drew

Gassho
    Washin
    sat today
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Hi all

I have an android and an apple - sounds like Jundo's explanation on koans - in a 1000 years people will think 'android and apple' is a mysterious koan....anyway, the android I used the weblink and the apple found the app. On both though there seems to be a 'ghost' information page that can flash in and out, so not sure what that is. Otherwise it is a nice simple idea, thanks

Gassho, Tokan

satlah

The ghost page is the info page that briefly flashes after you press clear and it is refreshing itself. To read that page click on the ? at the bottom right of the page.

Gassho, Drew
    Sat

Thank you Drew. The app is working great here in Canada on my iPhone XR.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Drew
    I have a 5 yo Droid, Motorola I think. And the Ipad is even older. That's probably the problem.
    Will be upgrading in the next year or so.

_/\_
    Anne

~lahst~

I have an LG-SP200 or LG Tribute Dynasty Its an older phone. It says it is incompatible with my phone.
    The website works for me though.

Theresa
    SatToday/LAH

PS Its Android ver. 7.1.2
    Last edited by Istra; 02-17-2020 at 10:18 PM. Reason: to add android version
    Be humble for you are made of earth,
    Be noble for you are made of stars.

Thank you Drew, Ongen, Jundo and all. This app is perfect for insta-zazen throughout the day.

Gassho,
    Jen
    SatToday

Drew thank you for the app and website. You can disregard my message. I don't know how I missed it the first time, but I just saw the part where you mentioned Android versions today. So everything makes sense. Thank you for posting a webpage for those of us with older phones.

Gassho,
    Theresa
    SatToday
    Be humble for you are made of earth,
    Be noble for you are made of stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Istra View Post
    Drew thank you for the app and website. You can disregard my message. I don't know how I missed it the first time, but I just saw the part where you mentioned Android versions today. So everything makes sense. Thank you for posting a webpage for those of us with older phones.

Gassho,
    Theresa
    SatToday
    Glad you find it useful. I posted the website to help me test the app. The app is just a website that gets packaged into an app for Android or IOS.

Gassho, Drew

Sat

Thank you Drew, Ongen, and Jundo. Just found it. I’m grateful for the timing, and for everything.

Gassho,
    Wahida
    Sat today