Thread: Lead to Life

Lead to Life

Hello everyone,
    I am posting this in the Art Circle, as the trans-formative action of art can help with healing a community. Guns forged into shovels.
    A very moving piece.

Gassho
    Anne

~lahst~

Thank you for posting Anne, very moving.
    It reminds me on the 'swords into plowshares' ('Schwerter zu Pflugscharen') of biblical origin, that was the maxim of the 80s peace and disarmament movement of East and West Germany.
    I think there was also an international Plowshare movement (GB/US)

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thanks for posting that Anne. Really great video.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    Thank you for posting Anne, very moving.
    It reminds me on the 'swords into plowshares' ('Schwerter zu Pflugscharen') of biblical origin, that was the maxim of the 80s peace and disarmament movement of East and West Germany.
    I think there was also an international Plowshare movement (GB/US)

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    A group of Christian Anarchists here in Australia took direct action a couple of years ago removing a sword from a war memorial and filming themselves turning it into a hand plow of sorts. Ciaran O'Reilly who is famous for being part of a Ploughshares group in the UK that took to a bomber aircraft with hammers lives part time here too although his connection to Julian Assange and his misogynistic attacks on Anarcha-Feminists have seen him estranged from the broader Anarchist community over the last decade.
    Thanks to Anne for posting this.
    Gassho
    Onka
    st
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.