Thread: CONFIRMING Date of Upcoming JUKAI CEREMONY: SUNDAY, JANUARY 12th, 2020

CONFIRMING Date of Upcoming JUKAI CEREMONY: SUNDAY, JANUARY 12th, 2020

Hello All Jukai-ees,

Just an early reminder that our Jukai (Undertaking the Precepts) Ceremony will be by live netcast via Hangouts on Sunday, January 12th at Midnight (Sunday-Monday) Japan time (that is New York 10am, Los Angeles 7am (Sunday morning), London 3pm and Paris 4pm (Sunday afternoon)). The ceremony will last about 1 hour. We will use our new ZOOM space this year, so all participants can be together.

If you cannot make it that day, fear not: We have a "make up" procedure for such people.

Rakusu backs should arrive for everyone (hopefully) prior to such date.

If you would like to take an early look at the guidebook for the ceremony, here it is [12 page, PDF file] ... LINK

Please print it out sometime before the ceremony. I will provide more details on how to follow it when we get closer to the ceremony, so fear not.

The ceremony will be much the same as in previous years in content, so please look here if you want to see an earlier ceremony, this from a prior year. (It should look much the same this time, except that we can use ZOOM rather than GOOGLE this time):

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Gassho2
    Kim
    St lh

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Gassho
    Richard
    SAT/lah

So exciting! :-D
    Gassho,

Ben

Stlah

Enviado desde mi PLK-L01 mediante Tapatalk

I'm very much looking forward to it!

Gassho
    Sen
    Sat|LAH
    橋川
    kyō (bridge) | sen (river)

So wonderful it will be to join all my brothers and sisters . Were we ever not joined>??

Thank you so much Jundo, priests, Sangha, and Jukaiees !

Much gratitude,

Gassho

Brad

SatToday

Thank you for the heads up! I'm looking forward to joining all you and everyone before us and after us.

Sat today,
    Adam

Gassho,

Libby
    ST

Wonderful. It is my intention to attend the ceremony to support our new Jukaiees and to renew my vows

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

CONFIRMING Date of Upcoming JUKAI CEREMONY: SUNDAY, JANUARY 12th, 2020

I will be participating one way.
    Jan. 12, 2020! If there would be someone to show how to actually go through Ceremony and what is required? That’s helpful.

Tai n Shi
    Gassho
    sat/ lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 12-31-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Very exciting! I remember that Jukai really kicked off my practice. I felt very welcomed and blessed to have such a supportive and giving sangha and teacher.

Congratulations to all those taking Jukai!

Gassho
    Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hello All Jukai-ees,

Just an early reminder that our Jukai (Undertaking the Precepts) Ceremony will be by live netcast via Hangouts on Sunday, January 12th at Midnight (Sunday-Monday) Japan time (that is New York 10am, Los Angeles 7am (Sunday morning), London 3pm and Paris 4pm (Sunday afternoon)). The ceremony will last about 1 hour. We will use our new ZOOM space this year, so all participants can be together.

If you cannot make it that day, fear not: We have a "make up" procedure for such people.

Rakusu backs should arrive for everyone (hopefully) prior to such date.

If you would like to take an early look at the guidebook for the ceremony, here it is [12 page, PDF file] ... LINK

Please print it out sometime before the ceremony. I will provide more details on how to follow it when we get closer to the ceremony, so fear not.

The ceremony will be much the same as in previous years in content, so please look here if you want to see an earlier ceremony, this from a prior year. (It should look much the same this time, except that we can use ZOOM rather than GOOGLE this time):

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Hi Tai Shi,

The Jukai guidebook link and a video of the last ceremony are both in Jundo's original post which I quoted above.

I printed the guidebook and will review the video again soon -- been too much with holiday commotion.

Gassho2
    Kim
    St lh

Is it weird that I'm not excited in the slightest?
    Gassho
    Anna
    stlah
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Anna, you're wondering if you're weird for that.

I personally, deeply feel that Jukai will be something of an "adoption" experience for me, or a "second birthday" in a way. So, am I weird for that? Maybe. I'm ok with being weird.

Who's to say? I think it's what it means to each of us, how we each experience the Way, how we live the Precepts. Isn't it?

Gassho2
    Kim
    St lh

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Is it weird that I'm not excited in the slightest?
    Gassho
    Anna
    stlah
    Lol! You’ve already done the hard work, Jukai is just an acknowledgement. However, significance and meaning to everything we do are always BYO—bring your own

Gassho ,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

....However, significance and meaning to everything we do are always BYO—bring your own

Gassho ,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

Words to live by

Doshin
    St