Thread: ALERT: Time for Rakusu Mailing Addresses!

ALERT: Time for Rakusu Mailing Addresses!

Hi All Rakusu Sewers,

It is time to let me (Jundo) know your mailing address for the Rakusu back panel, to be inscribed for the Jukai Ceremony in January. I am PMing each of you whose work has been approved by Shinshi (including some who have promised to finish by the Ceremony time in consultation with Shinshi on where you stand.)

I will sign and stamp the back panel here in Japan, then mail it to you on uncut fabric, whereupon you will cut the inscribed panel to size and sew it into your Rakusu. Thus, at this time, you should complete/have completed your Rakusu except for the back panel (and few steps which follow that). The mailing to you will also include Lineage Charts stamped and inscribed by me, which I will ask you to hold in trust pending the Ceremony. I will not ask you to send me postage to cover the mailing to you but, instead, will ask you to make the charitable contribution discussed below.

If you will be ready, please contact me immediately at this email WITH YOUR MAILING ADDRESS. I would appreciate an [email instead of a PM for addresses. Thank you.

jundotreeleaf[a]gmail.com

IT IS HELPFUL IF YOU WRITE "RAKUSU MAILING" IN THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE when writing me. In fact, if you have previously sent me your address, it is very helpful for you to do so again!! Just to reconfirm. Also, it is helpful if you include your FORUM NAME and given name too. Also, for international mailings, a telephone number is often asked by the post office.

IF THIS IS A SECOND RAKUSU, AND I HAVE DONE ANOTHER RAKUSU FOR YOU IN YEARS PAST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW (as the style is a little different in each case).

It is traditional to offer a small donation (called 'Fuse') to the Preceptor bestowing the Precepts when receiving Jukai. Instead, if you can afford, I ask you to make a donation to a reputable public charity of your choosing that helps people (for example, working to cure a disease, feed the poor, assist refugees, working for peace without being political, etc.). We suggest a donation in an amount of $100 US (the equivalent in your currency), provided however, that we ask that those with the economic ability give substantially more as they feel is right ... and those who cannot should give what they can afford. We trust you to do so, leave it to you hearts and make no demand. As with all giving (Dana) ... I suggest to give to the point that there is some sense of sacrifice involved.

After that, should you wish also to make a donation to Treeleaf, that is fine and we thank you as well [TREELEAF DONATION]. It helps. However, all Donations to Treeleaf are purely voluntary, without obligation, according to ability, and as one feels in one’s heart. There is no obligation, and any donation to Treeleaf should come only after the donation to a public charity as above.

The Fudes (writing brushes) are ready to roll!

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday!Lah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Sent to you Jundo,

Thank you all for helping me get this far. I could not have done it without you!!

Gassho,

Brad

SatToday

Hi everyone, hello jundo.
    Up to now I did not receive any pm. Are all messages sent?
    Gassho
    Ben

Stlah

Enviado desde mi PLK-L01 mediante Tapatalk

Thank you kindly Jundo I sent you an email.

Gassho,
    Jack
    Sattoday/lah

emailed, thank you

kim
    st
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Quote Originally Posted by hishiryo View Post
    Hi everyone, hello jundo.
    Up to now I did not receive any pm. Are all messages sent?
    Gassho
    Ben

Stlah

Hi Ben,

You are good. You can go ahead and send your information to Jundo.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Thank you Jundo...and everybody at Treeleaf...study and practice with you is amazingly awesome!

Already sent info through e-mail.

Gassho.
    Arya.
    ST&LAH .

Thanks, Shinshi

Mail sent.

Gassho

Ben

Stlah

Thank you Jundo. Email was sent today.

Gassho
    stlah
    James

I'll never forget receiving mine, I literally jumped up and down in the street. The postman nearly fell off his scooter.
    Enjoy, everyone!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Donating made and email replied to

I received good news today: My temp job is being extended so I intend to make a second donation next week!

Gassho
    Sen
    Sat|LAH
    橋川
    kyō (bridge) | sen (river)

my family knows when i am very excited about something. my husband has been amused at my "speaking Japanese" at him lately (words he doesn't recognize), and that has gone turbo with Rohatsu and now Jukai coming. all they know is Mom is saying Japanese words they don't understand, but i'm happy and excited (babbling) a lot. but since i am usually the one who does things silently they are fine with this, because they know i am happy :morehappy:

i am positively giddy with happiness and excitement -- quietly

kim
    reclined today / lh
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Quote Originally Posted by allwhowander View Post
    my family knows when i am very excited about something. my husband has been amused at my "speaking Japanese" at him lately (words he doesn't recognize), and that has gone turbo with Rohatsu and now Jukai coming. all they know is Mom is saying Japanese words they don't understand, but i'm happy and excited (babbling) a lot. but since i am usually the one who does things silently they are fine with this, because they know i am happy :morehappy:

i am positively giddy with happiness and excitement -- quietly

kim
    reclined today / lh
    Kim,

Just wait til they start understanding the words, and then in my case loveingly mocking me. Whenever I say "Kesa", he turns it into queso and asks why we practice with cheese so much!

Deep bows to all of you as we finish up preparations, I can't wait for the ceremony and to see everyone's smiling faces!

Gassho,

Shoka
    sat/lah

My family still doesn’t get it... I said “I have to be Ino for the Zazenkai tonight” and they looked at me like I had three heads.

Congratulations on all getting their rakusu backs, and deep bows for your practice They really are precious gifts from our teacher.

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have emailed you Jundo.

Will make my donation straight after pay day this month.

Very excited

Gassho
    Richard
    SAT/LAH

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Have emailed you Jundo.

Will make my donation straight after pay day this month.

Very excited

Gassho
    Richard
    SAT/LAH

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    As to donations, it is as I mentioned: Do what one can, what feels right, and we can't all do the same. Priority to a donation to help the poor and sick. Anything after that to Treeleaf is not necessary, no requirement at all, purely up to ability and how one feels is right.

Gassho, Jundo

Yesterday four properties literally across the dirt road from us had a bushfire go through. Lots of sheds and their contents lost as well as various machinery and tractors. I've got blisters on both feet from the fire and punctures from taking on a barbed wire fence badly as I tried, along with many others to do as much as we could before firefighters arrived. Around 20 fire trucks, a few locals with fire equipment on their utes and two water bombing helicopters were needed to get it under control. Three ambulances and a couple of cop cars were also there helping those affected by shock and smoke inhalation. To see neighbours (the average property is 50 acres) come together as they did warmed my heart. This is what a community should look like all the time, not just when bad things happen. I had to go to the doctor this morning as the smoke had affected my asthma and on the way home I visited each of those affected to see how they are travellin'. Although my partner and I donate every month to a number of charities, we will also donate a few bales of Lucerne to those affected by the fire. This along with a private commitment I made to Jundo a while back will constitute my donation for the privilege of being able to participate in Jukai. I hope this will suffice and is seen as being in the spirit required.
    Be kind to yourself and look out for each other.
    For anarchy and peace
    Gassho
    Anna
    stlah
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Yesterday four properties literally across the dirt road from us had a bushfire go through. Lots of sheds and their contents lost as well as various machinery and tractors. I've got blisters on both feet from the fire and punctures from taking on a barbed wire fence badly as I tried, along with many others to do as much as we could before firefighters arrived. Around 20 fire trucks, a few locals with fire equipment on their utes and two water bombing helicopters were needed to get it under control. Three ambulances and a couple of cop cars were also there helping those affected by shock and smoke inhalation. To see neighbours (the average property is 50 acres) come together as they did warmed my heart. This is what a community should look like all the time, not just when bad things happen. I had to go to the doctor this morning as the smoke had affected my asthma and on the way home I visited each of those affected to see how they are travellin'. Although my partner and I donate every month to a number of charities, we will also donate a few bales of Lucerne to those affected by the fire. This along with a private commitment I made to Jundo a while back will constitute my donation for the privilege of being able to participate in Jukai. I hope this will suffice and is seen as being in the spirit required.
    For anarchy and peace
    Gassho
    Anna
    stlah
    ... no words ...

For anarchy and peace
    Gassho
    Anna
    stlah
    Anna,

I have been paying attention to the fires in Australia. I am sorry for the grief and pain you and all others are dealing with. The best for all of you.

Doshin
    St

For anarchy and peace
    Gassho
    Anna
    stlah
    Anna,
    Thank you for helping. Please be careful and be safe.

Gassho
    stlah
    James

Well done, Anna. We are sitting with you and all of those affected.

Gassho
    Sat today, lah

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Let us offer Metta to all who are in the path of natural events and those who rush to their aid. We lean on each other as human beings.

Anna, times like this show your Bodhisattva heart in action, not just words on paper.

We will be sitting for your recovery as well.

Gassho, J

STLah

For anarchy and peace
    Gassho
    Anna
    stlah
    True Bodhisattva
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

I received my back pannel for my second Rakusu. Thank you so much Jundo. Marks the tenth anniversary of my taking Jukai with my Treeleaf family. Thanks to all for the teaching, friendship and support over these years.

SAT TODAY
    Last edited by lorax; 01-03-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    Shozan

合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/