Thread: November 23rd-24th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

November 23rd-24th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST IS HERE:

ZAZENKAI BEGINS 8 MlNUTES FROM START OF THE VIDEO

FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, A LINK TO JOIN WILL BE POSTED BELOW IN THIS THREAD. JUST CLICK AND JOIN BEFORE START TIME. 'TWO WAY' REQUIRES INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANYONE CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED::

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please join us in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra (although please keep your microphone muted). You can download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

Not everyone realizes that they can join in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra, Verse of Atonement and Four Vows (although we ask that you keep your microphone down). Please follow along with the Chant Book, and let your voice ring!

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-23-2019 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Added youtube link.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hi Jundo!

I'll be there live with instruments ready

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Intending live 2 way

gassho
    doyu sat today
    Visiting unsui: use salt

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    I'll be there on demand over the weekend.

std/lah

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Be there live
    Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat/lah
    Grateful for your practice

I look forward to joining you all one way. And if I can’t breathe through my nose, hopefully it will be ok if I mouth breathe my way through Zazen...
    Gassho,
    Krista
    st/lah

sitting with you all live oneway

_()_
    sosen
    stlah

If the internet dogs are with me I'll be there two way.
    Gassho
    Anna
    stlah
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Hi everyone,

You can join the Zazenkai two-way in the Scheduled Sitting Room using Zoom any one of the following ways:

- Use this direct link: https://zoom.us/j/4834831244
    - Open Zoom and join with this meeting id: 483 483 1244
    - Go to Treeleaf NOW and select the Scheduled Meeting Room: treeleaf.org/now

Notes:

- When you first join, you'll need to choose an audio source (usually you can simply select "Join with Computer Audio" on desktop or "Call using Internet Audio" on mobile).

- You can switch between the "speaker view" (the default view) and "gallery view" (a grid / Hollywood Squares / Brady Bunch style view):
    -- On desktop, click the "gallery view" / "speaker view" toggle button on the top right
    -- On mobile, swipe right for "gallery views" -- only 4 participants are shown at a time on mobile, so keep swiping right to go through different groups, swipe left to go back to the "gallery view"

- You can mute, unmute, etc. with the control bar on the bottom of the screen
    -- On desktop, hover the mouse over the window and the control bar should pop up
    -- On mobile, tap the screen and the control bar should pop up
    -- On mobile, so that your own picture does not take up one of the four slots you see, you can tap for the control bar, then tap "... menu" and select "Remove myself from gallery view"

- If you are on a slow Internet connection and are experiencing drop-outs, try turning off video (you can always turn it on for a bit at the beginning and end to say hi and bow to everyone)

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

See you all live one-way today.

Gassho,
    Mui
    Sat/LAH
    無依 Mui
    "Relies on Nothing"

Just got home, sitting one way with you all!
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you all who sit
    Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat/lah
    Grateful for your practice

Thank you, Jundo, Kyonin, Sekishi, and everyone. It is always great to practice together. Have a great weekend!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/LAH

Beautiful. Thank you Jundo, Kyonin and everyone. I will be giving thanks for you all next week, Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all. Lovely to see Nishijima's calligraphy! Isn't "Sekishin" also the name of the hypothetical "student" Nishijima addresses in one of his books ("The Real Dragon" maybe)?

Deep bows to all,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Wonderful. Thank you. Just sitting wholeheartedly.

Gassho,
    Mui
    Sat/LAH
    無依 Mui
    "Relies on Nothing"

Thank you Jundo , Kyonin and all who sat. It is wonderful to join in the Sangha activity. And thank you Jundo, for sharing Nishijima Roshi's calligraphy. Have an awesome week.

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Heart.

Gassho
    Doyu sat today and lah
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Thanks all. I couldn't stay for the whole sit at once today as my back was distracting me beyond being able to sit with pain. Just finished sitting now. I really must give calligraphy a go, those were beautiful.
    Gassho
    Anna
    stlah

thank you everyone for your practice, wonderful to be with you,
    Gassho
    Myoku
    sat

Thank you. I sat with all of you this morning.

Side note: YouTube hung on me this morning. I wondered why the second sit felt so long. When I final relented and checked it had been nearly 50 minutes..... so thank you YouTube for opportunity to sit longer.

Tairin

Sat this morning. Thanks to all and thank you, Jundo for showing the beautiful calligraphy.

Gassho
    STLah
    James

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Sat yesterday and this morning. Thank you everyone.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Tairin View Post
    Thank you. I sat with all of you this morning.

Side note: YouTube hung on me this morning. I wondered why the second sit felt so long. When I final relented and checked it had been nearly 50 minutes..... so thank you YouTube for opportunity to sit longer.

Tairin
    The wonders of YouTube . It's hard to turn it off when I don't need it though haha!!

Gassho,

Brad

SatToday

This week was my first week back at a (temp) full-time job, so I feel I got something extra from this week's zazenkai with all of you. I didn't realize just how "full" my head was and it was nice to put everything down for a time today.

Gassho
    Sen
    Sat|LAH
    橋川
    kyō (bridge) | sen (river)

Thank you everyone!

Gassho
    Washin
    just sat
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Just sat this one.
    Thanks a lot for your practice!

Gassho,

Daitetsu

#sat2day
    no thing needs to be added

Thank you all! Lovely Zazenkai.

Gassho
    Kokuu

Thank you everyone!
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Lovely, thank you. I finished sitting this morning.

Gassho,

Neil

StLah

Nenka

ST

Hello everybody!
    I hope you are all well!
    I just sat this tonight...I thought today there would be weekly zazenkai...it's Friday...but there wasn't...so I decided that, since I could not sit this last week...then I did it just now!

Thank you all for being this beautiful sańgha!

Gassho.
    Arya.
    ST&LAH.

Thank you everyone, I don't always remember to post that, as it is quite a challenge at the moment to keep up, but I'm getting there.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island