Thread: "Simple Living" - Chapters 43 and 44

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Simple Living" - Chapters 43 and 44

Just jump in if joining, no "catch up" ... just today is today ...

I will include chapter headings, as we discovered some differences between the US and UK editions regarding chapter order.

Chapter 43 - Make A Proper Start - Before starting some big task or project this week, light a stick of incense, offer a bow, as a little ceremony of beginning. If something goes wrong this week, yell loudly "KATZ!" (sounds very much like "CUTS"! ... better than some saltier oaths you might yell! ), vow to do better and start again.

Chapter 44 - Cherish Your Own Self - Sorry, I just refuse to encourage anyone to carry any kind of amulet! So, when facing some moment or task this week in which you need a little extra "luck," put an invisible "empty" amulet in your empty pocket and make you, yourself, your own amulet! I promise you that it will work wonders!

Gassho, J

StLah

PS - For purposes of full disclosure, I must confess that my wife amd mother-in-law insist that my kids have Japanese amulets like the following (it does not matter to them at all if from a temple or Shinto shrine, all equally powerful) tied to their school bags, and there may be one hidden somewhere in my car. I do not know about the spirits, but I know about the wrath of my mother-in-law if I refuse, so at least the amulet keeps her appeased!

A few months ago, Mina totaled her car at an intersection. On the other hand, she walked away without a scratch. The jury is out on what role the amulet played.

Last edited by Jundo; 11-20-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE