Thread: Closed thread? Pinned thread?

Closed thread? Pinned thread?

I just went to comment on this thread, but it's closed - is there any reason for that ? https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...3-Oryoki-Bowls.
    Also how do I make a Pinned Thread - I need to do one for the Art Forum.
    Thankyou!
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattodaylah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Hi Meitou

We discussed that thread and the more recent one by Peter and it was considered that we make Treeleaf a no advertising zone. Even though Peter's bowls are very lovely, and he is not pushy, linking to a personal business sets a precedent that we don't wish to establish.

Pinned posts I have no idea about but Sekishi and others will doubtless know and you may require some kind of permission to do that. I don't know if you and Anne might be able to be given moderator status for the Art Circle?

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-
    ------------------------------------
    Feel free to message me if you wish to talk about issues around practicing with physical limitations. This is something I have been sitting with for a fair while and am happy to help with suggestions or just offer a listening ear.

I'm a little bit disappointed by that decision, the link I read was an interview with Peter which then linked to his FB and Etsy, so I suppose I can see where you are coming from. What a pity though because his work is beautiful.
    I'll await more info on the pinned post - perhaps Anne has permissions for that, I'll ask her.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattoday
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Yes, he really was not participating here in the community except to introduce the bowls he sells which, though lovely, was just a bit too much a selling activity here.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Yes, he really was not participating here in the community except to introduce the bowls he sells which, though lovely, was just a bit too much a selling activity here.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Yes, afterwards I did a little looking around here and noticed that, I understand, thank you.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    Satwithyoualltoday lah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Meitou,
    Sorry, but I don't know what a pinned thread is? !!
    As I've not been told I have moderator status, I assume I don't.

Bows
    Anne

~lahst~

Quote Originally Posted by Cooperix View Post
    Meitou,
    Sorry, but I don't know what a pinned thread is? !!
    As I've not been told I have moderator status, I assume I don't.

Bows
    Anne

~lahst~
    Anne, just explained about the pinned post thingy in my email to you, I think the only way to find out if you can, is to try. I'm going to try to post something now and see what happens, if it doesn't work, hopefully someone can help us out.
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattodaylah

UPdate; No, I can only make a normal thread, so please can someone advise how we should proceed? Thanks
    Last edited by Meitou; 11-15-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island

Hi Meitou and Anne,

Not sure of your question, so I will PM both of you.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I've replied, thanks Jundo
    Gassho
    Meitou
    sattodaylah
    命 Mei - life
    島 Tou - island