Thread: Please Join Our Treeleaf Lion's Pose with the Differently Abled Zazenkai-This Friday

Please Join Our Treeleaf Lion's Pose with the Differently Abled Zazenkai-This Friday

Dear All,

If you can, we invite you to join live our November 15-16th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai: Lion's Pose with the Differently Abled. We would like to get a large turnout to support this Sangha and our many members with health issues.

We request that all of our participants, at home or joining any time, 'sit' by reclining in the Buddha's "Lion's Pose" in union with our Sangha members whose health and physical needs make seated Zazen impossible. Please do so even if you usually sit upright. It is said that, when the Buddha was ill or in pain, she reclined Zazen in this way. If joining us live, please place your camera or bring a cot so that we might see you as you recline, and you may use a cushion for your head and a blanket if cold. However, of course, the purpose is Shikantaza, so our eyes are open and we do not sleep!

LINK:

November 15-16th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai: Lion's Pose with the Differently Abled
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...ferently-Abled

It will be netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning). We understand that it is difficult for many of our UK/European members and some working folks etc., and so we do not mean you who would struggle to stay awake if so!

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-14-2019 at 01:33 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Gassho
    Anna
    stlah

Encounter Bay, South Australia, Australia
    With daylight saving here in Oz, that's 11:30 am Central Australian Time. A very good time for lions!

Gassho
    Bruce
    st/lah

Intention to be present live 2-way. Lying, not lying.

gassho
    doyu sat today
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Wonderful Thank you, Jundo. I intend to join in live.

Gassho
    Washin
    sat today
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

See you then

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat/lah
    Grateful for your practice

thank you, Jundo. i usually zazen like this when i need to rest - but this was the first time "live on camera" - was very comforting to be with my TreeLeaf family while in my natural format.

thank you also for the kinhin suggestion -- that solves a few problems for me.

gassho
    kim
    st
    My life is my temple and my practice.