Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November 15-16th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai: Lion's Pose with the Differently Abled

November 15-16th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai: Lion's Pose with the Differently Abled

We request that all of our participants today, at home or joining any time, 'sit' by reclining in the Buddha's "Lion's Pose" in union with our Sangha members whose health and physical needs make seated Zazen impossible. Please do so even if you usually sit upright. It is said that, when the Buddha was ill or in pain, she reclined Zazen in this way. If joining us live, please place your camera or bring a cot so that we might see you as you recline, and you may use a cushion for your head and a blanket if cold.
    However, of course, the purpose is Shikantaza, so our eyes are open and we do not sleep!

Reminder: Daylight Savings Has Changed: Confirm Start Times, Below.

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST IS HERE:

ZAZENKAI BEGINS RIGHT AWAY FROM START OF THE VIDEO

FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, A LINK TO JOIN WILL BE POSTED BELOW IN THIS THREAD. JUST CLICK AND JOIN BEFORE START TIME. 'TWO WAY' REQUIRES INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANYONE CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED::

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please join us in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra (although please keep your microphone muted). You can download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

Not everyone realizes that they can join in the Chanting of the Heart Sutra, Verse of Atonement and Four Vows (although we ask that you keep your microphone down). Please follow along with the Chant Book, and let your voice ring!

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-18-2019 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Video added.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

This is also a good time to repost our Treeleaf Blood Lineage of our Women and Differently-Abled Ancestors, which will be bestowed on all undertaking Jukai this time, and which will be recited during our upcoming Rohatsu Retreat (scheduled for the weekend of December 7th & 8th, via live netcast).

We had our first Recital of the Differently-Abled Ancestors last year, if you would like to see ...

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...BLED-ANCESTORS

Gassho, J

STLAH

Last edited by Jundo; 11-14-2019 at 01:14 AM.

This means so much to me Jundo that for once words escape me.
    Deep bows and gratitude to all.
    Gassho
    Anna
    stlah
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Oh, this is lovely. I am sorry I will not be able to join live.

Deep bows to all practicing with physical restrictions.
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    This means so much to me Jundo that for once words escape me.
    Deep bows and gratitude to all.
    Gassho
    Anna
    stlah

me too ........ wow

what a powerful example, not empty words but leading by doing

thank you .... i will try .... and trying not to cry right now.

kim
    st lh
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Interesting! I hope to be there live.

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat/lah
    Grateful for your practice

I will be there with bells and pillow! Ironically I might find it more difficult to get comfortable reclining than sitting due to my own peculiar orthopedic issues. Just goes to show that when it comes to Zazen one size does not fit all.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuden View Post
    I will be there with bells and pillow! Ironically I might find it more difficult to get comfortable reclining than sitting due to my own peculiar orthopedic issues. Just goes to show that when it comes to Zazen one size does not fit all.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH
    Do you best to ring the bells sideways.

However, if it is really an issue, we will explain this at the start and about the "one size does not fit all." Then you can do what you need to do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Do you best to ring the bells sideways.

However, if it is really an issue, we will explain this at the start and about the "one size does not fit all." Then you can do what you need to do too.
    No I do it all night every night trying to sleep, LOL. Not ringing bells, just trying to get comfortable. No worries I will get 'er done

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuden View Post
    No I do it all night every night trying to sleep, LOL. Not ringing bells, just trying to get comfortable. No worries I will get 'er done

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH
    You'll be .. LION.. around on the job.

Sorry, someone had to say it.

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat/lah

Quote Originally Posted by Ishin View Post
    You'll be .. LION.. around on the job.

Sorry, someone had to say it.

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat/lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alter-abled ancestor Chudapanthaka (varied spellings are available) is one of my all time favorites.

gassho
    doyu sat today
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Thank you Jundo.

If all goes well today, I'll be live 2 ways.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you Jundo. I'll be participating 1 way.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Hi everyone,

You can join the Zazenkai two-way in the Scheduled Sitting Room using Zoom any one of the following ways:

- Use this direct link: https://zoom.us/j/4834831244
    - Open Zoom and join with this meeting id: 483 483 1244
    - Go to Treeleaf NOW and select the Scheduled Meeting Room: treeleaf.org/now

Notes:

- When you first join, you'll need to choose an audio source (usually you can simply select "Join with Computer Audio" on desktop or "Call using Internet Audio" on mobile).

- You can switch between the "speaker view" (the default view) and "gallery view" (a grid / Hollywood Squares / Brady Bunch style view):
    -- On desktop, click the "gallery view" / "speaker view" toggle button on the top right
    -- On mobile, swipe right for "gallery views" -- only 4 participants are shown at a time on mobile, so keep swiping right to go through different groups, swipe left to go back to the "gallery view"

- You can mute, unmute, etc. with the control bar on the bottom of the screen
    -- On desktop, hover the mouse over the window and the control bar should pop up
    -- On mobile, tap the screen and the control bar should pop up
    -- On mobile, so that your own picture does not take up one of the four slots you see, you can tap for the control bar, then tap "... menu" and select "Remove myself from gallery view"

- If you are on a slow Internet connection and are experiencing drop-outs, try turning off video (you can always turn it on for a bit at the beginning and end to say hi and bow to everyone)

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Reclining live one-way today.

Gassho,
    Mui
    Sat/LAH
    無依 Mui
    "Relies on Nothing"

Thank you, Jundo, Jakuden, and everyone. Zazen lying down was wonderful. Have a great weekend!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/LAH

Thank you all so so very much! What a terrific turnout too! It meant the world to me to be 'sitting' with my Sangha sisters and brothers reclined in a position like I most often have to practice zazen in.
    Deep bows
    Gassho
    Anna
    st

Since I experienced a slipped disk ten years ago, I am used to sitting with more discomfort or pain, but not quite enough to move me to recline, for the last few years. Something about seeing all these bodhisattvas reclining really touched me today. It is heartwarming to see "myself" reflected in all of these faces.

Thank you, Treeleaf, see you next week.

Gassho,
    Mui
    Sat/LAH
    無依 Mui
    "Relies on Nothing"

Thank you everyone
    Health to Jundo’s tooth

For me that was a struggle in staying awake combined with not freezing
    However I am glad I did it and shared this with all

Gassho
    Sat-Lion/lah

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you to all beings in every shape and form.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat #reclined
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

This brought me back to when I reclined with the "long" Zazenkai in the hospital last March. It was such a huge comfort. This Sangha is home, whether sitting, standing or reclining. Thank you so much everyone.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    ReclinedToday/LAH

Thank you Jundo, Jakuden and everyone

Interesting experience. I must admit it was a bit of a challenge for me to find balance
    between lying still, not falling asleep and not following the toughts...

Gassho
    Washin
    sat/reclined today
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

thank you, everyone. i usually zazen like this or similar - but this was the first time "live on camera" - was very comforting to be with my TreeLeaf family while in my natural format.

thank you also for the kinhin suggestion -- that solves a few problems for me.

gassho
    kim
    st
    Last edited by Meian; 11-16-2019 at 02:47 AM.

That was lovely. And challenging. Thank you all.
    Gassho,
    Krista
    st/lah

Thank you all so so very much! What a terrific turnout too! It meant the world to me to be 'sitting' with my Sangha sisters and brothers reclined in a position like I most often have to practice zazen in.
    Deep bows
    Gassho
    Anna
    st

kim
    st

Nenka

Reclined Today

That was precious. Metta to the tooth! _()_

gassho
    doyu sat today

Thank you all. I sat/lay with you this morning.

Lying down Zazen is not unfamiliar to me. As I’ve mentioned previously, I go through periods of restlessness and sleeplessness many nights. During those times I’ve taken to lying Zazen in bed so that I don’t disturb my wife. It has its own challenges.

That you for your practice and thank you for making Treeleaf so inclusive.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    Last edited by Tairin; 11-16-2019 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Corrected my uses of lay vs lie
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Quote Originally Posted by allwhowander View Post
    thank you, everyone. i usually zazen like this or similar - but this was the first time "live on camera" - was very comforting to be with my TreeLeaf family while in my natural format.

thank you also for the kinhin suggestion -- that solves a few problems for me.

gassho
    kim
    st
    I was particularly thrilled to see you there live, two way with me Kim that I discreetly gestured to my partner to come and see everyone reclined.
    A genuinely brilliant experience.
    Gassho
    Anna
    st
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

I was particularly thrilled to see you there live, two way with me Kim that I discreetly gestured to my partner to come and see everyone reclined.
    A genuinely brilliant experience.
    Gassho
    Anna
    st
    Anna, likewise, your presence inspires me.

When I'm overwhelmed I either shut down or I get very emotional. Last night I was in tears for part of Zazenkai. I was fidgeting, shifting, doing as I normally do - because of traveling throbbing pain - but I was relieved that I wasn't bothering anyone and no one seemed to even notice my movements.

It took me some time to relax into it - I am so used to silencing myself to make others comfortable - but I think it was at the kinhin when Jundo gave the alternative, that I realized -- here was a way that didn't involve tripping, bumping, balance issues, other stuff -- and it really was okay! Some days I'm fine, other days not so much. Last night was very painful (don't know why), and again today.

But, once I realized it was cool, I breathed with the pain and frustration (cried again, it just kept coming), instead of feeling weird about it. Then it was like a normal zazen for me -- reclining with what is, as I am, no labels, just existing, the pain is, I'm breathing, my body is tired, my mind is tired, and it's all tired of fighting. For now, it does not. It simply exists.

And I felt safe and content not to be alone last night. If it's ok, I may recline zazenkai again, even for regular Zazenkai.... ? I've always done 1-way, but maybe I'll be brave?

Like the Maccabeats sing "I wanna see you be brave..." ?

Gassho
    Kim
    St lh

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

I felt a surprising amount of relief from ever present spine-related pain. Hmm. _()_

A member of my local brick-and-mortar sangha who is a polio survivor does her Ino duties from a "zero gravity chair." The chair is in a little nook (so as not to trip us up during kinhin) that has a portrait of Bodhidharma in it looking fierce. We tell her she's in Bodhidharma's cave. I'm thinking maybe I should save up for one of those chairs.

gassho
    doyu sat today/LAH

Quote Originally Posted by allwhowander View Post
    Anna, likewise, your presence inspires me.

When I'm overwhelmed I either shut down or I get very emotional. Last night I was in tears for part of Zazenkai. I was fidgeting, shifting, doing as I normally do - because of traveling throbbing pain - but I was relieved that I wasn't bothering anyone and no one seemed to even notice my movements.

It took me some time to relax into it - I am so used to silencing myself to make others comfortable - but I think it was at the kinhin when Jundo gave the alternative, that I realized -- here was a way that didn't involve tripping, bumping, balance issues, other stuff -- and it really was okay! Some days I'm fine, other days not so much. Last night was very painful (don't know why), and again today.

But, once I realized it was cool, I breathed with the pain and frustration (cried again, it just kept coming), instead of feeling weird about it. Then it was like a normal zazen for me -- reclining with what is, as I am, no labels, just existing, the pain is, I'm breathing, my body is tired, my mind is tired, and it's all tired of fighting. For now, it does not. It simply exists.

And I felt safe and content not to be alone last night. If it's ok, I may recline zazenkai again, even for regular Zazenkai.... ? I've always done 1-way, but maybe I'll be brave?

Like the Maccabeats sing "I wanna see you be brave..." ?

Gassho
    Kim
    St lh

Brilliant!
    I have difficulties with balance and pain when walking. I recently asked Jundo about doing kinhin while using a walking stick or pole. I find holding a bamboo pole (or broomstick) in both hands in front of me for stability to work ok for me.
    In saying that, using the finger walking technique Jundo employed was a new and awesome experience for me.
    I'm so happy that this Zazenkai worked well for you Kim. You are definitely not alone in regards to needing to move regularly or even move involuntary. This Zazenkai was for all of us perfectly imperfect misfits who do a daily dance with physical or mental wellness.
    Gassho
    Anna
    st
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Quote Originally Posted by Doyū View Post
    I felt a surprising amount of relief from ever present spine-related pain. Hmm. _()_

A member of my local brick-and-mortar sangha who is a polio survivor does her Ino duties from a "zero gravity chair." The chair is in a little nook (so as not to trip us up during kinhin) that has a portrait of Bodhidharma in it looking fierce. We tell her she's in Bodhidharma's cave. I'm thinking maybe I should save up for one of those chairs.

gassho
    doyu sat today/LAH
    The zero gravity chair sounds lovely. I have something similar that I use when doing zazen or reading outdoors. I love hearing stories of adaption like this because it gives me reassurance that my spinal disabilities won't be a barrier to me becoming a Priest one day. My intelligence on the other hand... LOL!
    Gassho
    Anna
    st
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Quote Originally Posted by Doyū View Post
    Alter-abled ancestor Chudapanthaka (varied spellings are available) is one of my all time favorites.

gassho
    doyu sat today
    Thank you for this Doyu
    Gassho
    Anna
    st
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Sat/reclined on demand. I reclined for the first zazen session but my hips and knees objected - something I experience most nights, so I sat for the second session I'm afraid.
    Great to see everyone practising like this all the same.

Std

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

What a nice Zazenkai!

Full disclosure, I was far to tired to lay this Zazenkai with you all live Saturday a.m. I was great to lie none-the-less. I think I might make this a monthly practice. I used to meditate lying down all the time when I was sick. For all those suffering, I wish you happiness, health and a speedy recovery. I wish all well to others too!

Thank you Jundo and everyone,

Gassho,

Brad

SatToday

Quote Originally Posted by BradR89 View Post
    What a nice Zazenkai!

Full disclosure, I was far to tired to lay this Zazenkai with you all live Saturday a.m.....y
    Thank you for your honesty, not lying about lying.

Gassho,

STLah

I love hearing stories of adaption like this because it gives me reassurance that my spinal disabilities won't be a barrier to me becoming a Priest one day. My intelligence on the other hand... LOL!
    Gassho
    Anna
    st

Anna, you are far too intelligent for "intelligence" to be a barrier for you in anything. We learn differently, for sure, but that means teaching for our individual learning styles, it does *not* mean we can't learn

For me, I have other issues going on that cast a long dark shadow over life sometimes, and I have fought this battle too often for many years. It's such an irony how in the US they always say "seek help" as though it's as easy as picking up a phone and voila! you're connected and everything is peachy. It doesn't work that way. There are so many barriers to access in the American mental health system, no wonder we're so messed up as a nation (to put it mildly). Something else I have had to go my own way on because I have no other options.

It's hard to see progress or milestones when you're in the thick of it, but Anna, I see so many good qualities in you, and connections with you reaching out, and learning and growing also. Take heart, and keep on keeping on -- don't let go! Your determination and enthusiasm are amazing, and I think you inspire plenty of people here. You may not see how you're coming along, but I sure do -- and I'm certain that others do as well.

kim
    st lh
    Last edited by Meian; 11-18-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Thank you everyone, i was more tired than usually,
    Gassho
    Myoku
    sat

Hello Bodhisattvas!
    I just finished sat/laid down this just a moment ago, since I couldn't join live.
    Thank you for the opportunity!
    It's been quite challenging...and the challenge laid down.

Gassho.
    Arya.
    Sat/Laid down Today.

doing kinhin while using a walking stick or pole.
    Two of our brick-and-mortar ( one of whom is me) use walking sticks for kinhin. I have been known to use TWO sticks for forest kinhin, which runs about 40 minutes. Those unable to do the forest kinhin (also sometimes me) circumabulate on the veranda of the zendo while the others are in the woods.

kinhin_line.png

The zendo (a private home on a mountain) is not very accessible and there is a member who has a walker (and a wheelchair in their car). On days when they have registered for a retreat, we split the zendo into an upstairs (Shakyamuni altar) and downstairs (Kannon altar) zendos with coordinated Ino signals. Whatever works! _()_

gassho
    doyu sat today
    Last edited by Shōnin Risa Bear; 11-17-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: add image

I was just reading the commentaries...I would like to say that I personally enjoyed reclined zazen with you (even though not live) because it's a different approach but just really is not at all. I mean...I find the sitting posture very good and helpful in so many ways...if you can...sitting is ok...but if you can't...any posture is ok all the same! If we cannot "shikantaza" while laying, how can we expect we "shikantaza" always and everywhere, even when "brushing teeth"(even missing ones...I am personally 3 off...), or washing our hands or doing the dishes, or buying stuff at the departmental store or whatever else!? I think that, besides posture (which is of course VERY important, no matter which...) what is really important is that the mind sit!
    I think we could say that if the mind sits everything is shikantaza...also because body and mind are also the same...and different at the same time.
    With this I don't absolutely mean to say that we can or should "do away with" the posture, which I think should be very much cared of, indeed!
    That is why I am so much appreciating Jundo and this sangha every day a bit more...because it is POINTING US TO "SHIKANTAZA" VERY MUCH TO THE POINT OF SHIKANTAZA ITSELF!

Thank you!
    Gassho.
    Arya.
    ST& LAH.

Thank you everyone, I reclined with you all on demand although I suspect I may have been a little too comfortable at one point and might have drifted off.

Gassho

Neil
    StLah

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

What a wonderful zazenkai!

As with many others, I found it incredibly moving to see you all in the posture from which I regularly 'sit'. Since I will be leading at least one session at Rohatsu I at least will be doing this again and there may be other reclining priests leading zazen and kinhin.

Reclining bows to you all
    Kokuu

I loved reclining with all of you. I found it interesting that reclining is more challenging for me than sitting up, I thought it'd be the other way around!

Gassho
    Sen
    Sat|LAH
    橋川
    kyō (bridge) | sen (river)

Thank you everyone!
    Found it more difficult not to drift away.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Reading comments, I learned about myself that sleeping is not about my comfort but my exhaustion level and my pain level.

I also realized that I usually say "sit" for recline even though i usually recline instead of sit. Not sure if i should change my wording, but I'm in the habit of correcting my speech for clarity.

However, I join others here in that this Zazenkai was very "normal" for me, and I'm looking forward to Rohatsu with some reclining segments, and more reclining zazen with you all.

Gassho
    Kim
    Rt. Lh

Forgot to report here - reclined this one Monday last week.
    There were a few moments when I struggled with sleep, but all in all it was OK.

Gassho,

Daitetsu

#sat2day
    no thing needs to be added

Let me tell you a story about a small boy named Chuckie. Chuckie's real name was Charles. His mother had given him that name from her father's first name, Chuckie's second name was Elgwyn, this to continue the linage of his grandfather. As Chuckie grew to age 6 the family called him Chuck, so everybody called him Chuck. Charles means Strong Man this name coming from a great French king. All Chucks teachers called him very bright; in fact, as very high in intelligence. Then one day Chuck's father, whose second name was also Elgwyn, or friend of the elves, left the little family for good. Chuck wept to see his father go, so Chuck's mom called him mom's little man, the man of the house. At age 7 Chuck, his brother Dougie, and their mom left California for the far away state of Iowa. In Iowa the kids all called the boy, Chuckie chub, or Chubby Chuck, or ignoramus, or numskull. Then one day when Chuck was in the 5th grade a kind teacher encouraged the boy to show pictures of the dangerous job his father had done in California, working atop high oil rigs. All the children were impressed. Then in the 6th grade Chuck's intelligence was recognized by a stern teacher with a kind heart. Mr Nash kept Chuck after school everyday teaching him difficult subjects, even algebra, and Miss Hansen the 5th grade teacher, taught him history, but the Mean old Miss Anderson taught Chuck no English Literature, and he was so excellent in grammar, but he could not spell, so again the other kids called him numskull. Yet, Mr Nash made sure that in the 7th grade, middle school, that Chuck was promoted to Advanced track learning, one step above the other students. What nobody knew was that Chuck was reading very difficult adult novels when he was 11-years-old. In high school the advanced track continued. When Charles graduated, at the graduation assembly, the principle announced before the entire high school of over 2000 students the four prestigious scholarships Charles had earned one of the difficult colleges, Grinnell College. Charles went on to earn the BA English lit with average grades except in literature, MA English, EDS higher ed, and finally at age 38, the prestigious Master of Fine Arts degree in creative writing. Charles Elgwyn had become a poet. Perhaps the highest compliment, after they were reunited, was when Charles's father asked, "MFA, that's like a PhD isn't it?" "Yes father, it is," but in watching my 30-year-old daughter, it was easier, except no one ever called Charles chubby Chuck, or numskull again. As an adult, Charles at one time weighed 270 lb (ca. 122 kg) and now he weighs 191 lb (ca. 87 kilogram). No one, not even Chuck's brother Doug, ever again called him fat again. After Charles sat Zazen, he recognized there are many types of intelligence, many types of difficulties, and he could not speak or write to these when he asked Robert Douglas if he could tell he loved him. And, his brother answered, "Well, it's okay, it's alright." I must say that Charles enjoys listening to music the height of the Western World, Bach's Violin Concertos. So maybe there are many heights, and Everest is far away. More than is asked, less than exists.

Taishi
    sat/lah
    The Deepest bows to all.
    Gassho
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 12-29-2019 at 10:25 PM. Reason: spelling, corrections
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast