Thread: Please Join In Our 'DENKI KUYO' Memorial Service for Electronics & Digitals

Please Join In Our 'DENKI KUYO' Memorial Service for Electronics & Digitals

Dear Treeleafers,

We are a Sangha connected by optical cables and light, silicon and Sutras, thus we feel that it is important to honor the equipment and platforms that serve as our "temple halls and pavilions," for they have made our community possible.

We invite you to a short ceremony to honor the electronics, computers, peripherals, software, wires, apps and smart phones which have served, extended and connected us. It is based on a much older Japanese tradition of honoring the tools and implements of farm and home which serve and enrich our lives. Please gather your old devices, hardware and software, plug-ins, keyboards and motherboards that have exceeded their useful lives and warranties, to be thanked for their aid, not tossed away lightly.

The ceremony will be Friday night, US time. However, as is always true of our Community of Data and Dharma, it is also available and joinable any place, any time, where you can connect after that.

A description of the ceremony is here ...

Our Second Treeleaf "Denki Kuyo" (電気供養) Memorial Service for Electronics & Digitals
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...l=1#post251746

It is part of our Heart Sutra Ceremony at the start of our weekly Treeleaf Zazenkai ...
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...l=1#post251745

Please boot up, plug in and grab your Zafu!

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 10-24-2019 at 03:59 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

A recording of today's Service and the accompany Dharma Talk is here, and you may still join in from home at any time. Subtitles are available by clicking the box at bottom center-right of the screen.

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 10-26-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    A recording of today's Service and the accompany Dharma Talk is here, and you may still join in from home at any time. Subtitles are available by clicking the box at bottom center-right of the screen.

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah
    Thank you Jundo. I'm hoping to sit with this tomorrow morning. I just wanted to say I think this is a great idea. Modern technology sustains and enables our lives in many seen and unseen ways. Probably shouldn't take that for granted.

Gassho
    Hoseki
    sattoday
    Last edited by Hoseki; 10-26-2019 at 11:13 AM. Reason: I forgot to say I sattoday

Also, if you are interested in seeing a bit more of that ceremony for the Aibo robo-doggies ...

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 10-26-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Wow Jundo that is awesome. I'm grateful for the devices I have and for the the people who invented/designed and produced them. This summer, it was with great reluctance that I parted with one of my desktop PCs I built myself in 2007. I will attend the ceremony later today.

Gassho,
    Jack
    Sattoday

I am grateful this decade-old laptop is still working. If it were to stop working, that would be the end of my online connection for, well, a very long time given how much these things can cost. May this laptop have a long life still and when it finally goes, I will treat it respectfully and take it to be recycled.

Gassho
    Sen
    Sat|LAH
    橋川
    kyō (bridge) | sen (river)