Thread: "Simple Living" - Chapters 37 and 38

"Simple Living" - Chapters 37 and 38

Just jump in if joining, no "catch up" ... just today is today ...

I will include chapter headings, as we discovered some differences between the US and UK editions regarding chapter order.

Chapter 37 - Don't Compare Yourself To Others - In a work situation or in home life, when finding yourself comparing your life or situation to how you wish things "would be" or "should be" ... drop that "would/should" and just "be."

Chapter 38 - Seek Not What You Lack - When feeling that a situation at work or home is lacking somethings ... stop judging it as lacking, and feel it complete as it is.

Yes, the above two tasks seem to be corollaries of each other.

I hope you don't feel that this lesson is lacking, wishing it were some other way!

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Doing. I knew a Unity Minister who used to talk about people having “lack attacks”.

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat/lah
    Grateful for your practice

Thank you,

just bought a #37 merchandise T-shirt for a youtube channel about running... "Comparison is the thief of joy", it reads.
    Trying to feel my participation on the Simple Living exercises as complete... Although I am not replying on most of them.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Understood Jundo

I occasionally get stuck in the past...and the future.
    Filling my head with too much of "other" stuff.
    Then a glimpse of light reminds me to put it down...and be.
    Dropping I.

Gassho
    Koki
    Satoday

Doshin
    St

Both are great lessons . They serve as useful reminders of awareness during each and every step.

Thank you

Gassho,
    Jack
    Sattoday/lah

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

I thought of these lessons today as I had to run a work errand at a government office I particularly dislike and where there's usually some kind of problem with the paperwork, or fee, or parking, etc. . . . just rolled with it and it was ok. Even sat a little insta-zazen while I waited, and enjoyed the fall colors on my half-mile walk to and from my car.

Gassho

Nenka

ST

I did the tasks yesterday, together with last week’s, as I took some papers that were giving for a colleague to grade but she asked me to do it in her place. I could have refused, but took the task with a nonjudgmental attitude. I very different approach then my usual in these kinds of situations.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat today/LAH

Gassho.
    Great exercises!

Ben

Stlah

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk